17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 3:07 PM by codblackice RSS

Fix for Elite Age Limit?

RaginFoods

So I've been hearing that Elite needs you to be 18. First of all, I'm 17 and I haven't had this issue yet so I don't know if I put in my age as 18 before or what but...Can't you just create a new account with an 18 year old age set and link your accounts that way? Of course Elite's having its issues so it's hard to say if that will work but just an idea I thought of.

• Re: Fix for Elite Age Limit?
    wsb991

I don't have 360 so I don't know. But isn't each live subscription go to the registered account or does it go to the registered xbox?

RaginFoods

My understanding is you register on your GT or PSN or whatever. When you create your account, you can link your GT or PSN to the call of duty account. So. It was just an idea but who knows if it will work.

UMM REGISTERED ACCOUNT NO MATTER WHAT XBOX YOU PLAY ON AND IM KIND OF CONFUSED OF WHY EVERYBODY IS COMPLAING ABOUT THIS AGEE LIMIT LIKE WHEN YOU GO TO THE BLACK OPS SITE DOESNT IT ASK FOR YOUR AGE DOESNT IT REQUIRE YOU TO BE 18 SO AS LONG AS YOU PUT THAT AGE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS I THOUGHT THIS WAS COMMON SENSE BUT THEN I AGAIN THERE I GO THINKING UNASSITEDLY( SPELLING FAIL BUT idc)

The problem is if your xbox is account is under 18 then you cannot use the console version of COD ELITE. Outrageous concidering I paid £35 for premium version, it gave me no warning that it had an age restriction nor was this in the description and a window appeared saying 'congrtulations premium added to your account' something along those lines...

Open up ELITE and it says 'This account is not elegible for Call Of Duty: ELITE'.

An absolute con.

damn I Mean im smart i didnt pre-order so i can still buy the game and know what to do and what not.. but i have a question dont you find it kind of annoying having to report to a fake account about everything you do if its either dowenloading a map pack or just a demo i  couldnt tak it so i made a new account before it was too late i wanna know your opion on pre-adult xbox live accounts

submarinex1

since game is 18 i thought it would kind of follow you should be 18 to have elite or am i missing something on what an 18 means.

true but how many of those underage players which is like half of the fanbase(most people say 75% put i think thats to much) but dont you think they should be allowed to use the elite service too and i also i mean i agree with you 100% its also because there are like real prizes that can be won on elite and you have to be of the age to recive those prizes that is if you win

"since game is 18 i thought it would kind of follow you should be 18 to have elite or am i missing something on what an 18 means."

The game is not 18+ it is MA15+ so people like me who are over the age of 15 are legally able to buy it and to have an age restriction for people who bought the hardend edition, and it is just rude to let us buy it and then say that we can't use.

The ESRB rates games/features. They rated the feature/add-on M for Mature. Why? That's one thing thats confusing to me. Theres pictures of guns, but that's all I could think of.

Also, Xbox Live blocks you from accessing CoD Elite if your not over 17. But, if your account is under 18, Xbox Live doesn't give 2 dead flies if you play MW3 online, or campaign, or whatever.

Another thing is that my parents legally bought mw3. So once Gamestop hands over the game, my parents are aloud to do whatever they want with it, such as giving it to me, and Activision can't do crap about it. They can drive to my house and steal it, but guess what, THAT'S ILLEGEAL. The governmant wont do anything about it because there's no laws that a minor can't play Mature games. It's an industry thing. I'm pissed off.

The ESRB rates games/features. They rated the feature/add-on M for Mature. Why? That's one thing thats confusing to me. Theres pictures of guns, but that's all I could think of.

Also, Xbox Live blocks you from accessing CoD Elite if your not over 17. But, if your account is under 18, Xbox Live doesn't give 2 dead flies if you play MW3 online, or campaign, or whatever.

Another thing is that my parents legally bought mw3. So once Gamestop hands over the game, my parents are aloud to do whatever they want with it, such as giving it to me, and Activision can't do crap about it. They can drive to my house and steal it, but guess what, THAT'S ILLEGEAL. The governmant wont do anything about it because there's no laws that a minor can't play Mature games. It's an industry thing. I'm pissed off.

its not due to ESRB at all, the reason the age limit is 18 is due to federal law since in most states, to get a prize from a game, you need to be 18, so that is why they have the limit. they can not go to 17 at all

i am haVING THE SAME PROBLEM. srry cap lock was on. i am having the same prob it was really making me upset so my mom went to gamestop and the we were told to call microsoft then they said to call activision and lie about our age so after getting the run around i mwas told that they were working on fixing the age restriction. they said and i quote "we are in alot of trouble with  community" we are getting an answer soon hopefully i will update when the "fix" comes out...

i am haVING THE SAME PROBLEM. srry cap lock was on. i am having the same prob it was really making me upset so my mom went to gamestop and the we were told to call microsoft then they said to call activision and lie about our age so after getting the run around i mwas told that they were working on fixing the age restriction. they said and i quote "we are in alot of trouble with  community" we are getting an answer soon hopefully i will update when the "fix" comes out...

Removed by Moderator

Message was edited by: codblackice