1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 4:38 PM by fallenshadow000 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps
    solidhead3

I agree with all of those except Bootleg, that one seems more like an LMG map, just because it is a lot of tight alleys with incredible sight lines.

• 21. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps
    chalmerzxd

This was the first thing I noticed after an hour of gameplay. Let`s hope the DLC will have more sniper friendly maps.

• 22. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

To the dude who said you snipe just fine with any of these maps, we aren't taking about red dot sight/ ACOG sniping.. (jeez did I hate CoD when they started giving sniper rifles those attachments (in BF3 too haha)) In my honest opinion, I consider true sniping to be "hard-scoping" at long ranges getting shots in the chest or head with a single fire and not spamming a semi automatic (even though the 50 cal is a semi, it might as well be a bolt from how I use it)

• 23. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

I totally agree with your post. I fired up a sniper class once, and boy was I sorry. Haven't touched a sniper rifle since. Sniping maps would be welcome. A good sniping map allows concealment far enough from available cover to keep the runaround shotty toters from surprising you. No current map has this. Urban maps packed with buildings just don't cut it. Let's hope DLC has some better sniping maps. I also can't stand quick-scopers. It's very unrealistic and shouldn't be possible.

• 24. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

I totally agree with your post. I fired up a sniper class once, and boy was I sorry. Haven't touched a sniper rifle since. Sniping maps would be welcome. A good sniping map allows concealment far enough from available cover to keep the runaround shotty toters from surprising you. No current map has this. Urban maps packed with buildings just don't cut it. Let's hope DLC has some better sniping maps. I also can't stand quick-scopers. It's very unrealistic and shouldn't be possible.

• 25. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

• 26. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

How the hell do you snipe on Village? It's set up very similarly to Black Ops' Jungle map; you have that one mound in the middle to stand on, and it's an incredibly obvious spot.

Not to mention that most of those maps are either outright CQC, or have so many obstructions/awkward firing positions (firing from angles/corners) that you can't really get a clear shot. Not to mention the severe lack of elevation on many if not all of the maps.

• 27. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

The sad thing is that quickscoping is part of the game design fully endorsed by the developers as the primary use for a sniper rifle as seen in the MW3 multiplayer trailer.

• 28. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps

It's especially sad when you consider that it was never really supposed to be there in the first place. The fact that they designed the maps, as well as a couple of the rifles themselves, around a generally hated mechanic, further shows their obvious lack of respect for their most die-hard fans.

• 29. Re: Lack of sniper-friendly maps
    Snipingdbag

Yes, how dare they make the game fun for millions and give auto users a **** load of extra free kills. Fckin idiots.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next