1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 4:19 PM by Chomper360 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Hey guys  you need to stop and think. This is a new game and when you have over a mil people to Try and make happy some things get lost and over looked. Also Alot of people ave different play styles and even if some things need to be tweeked a bit. We have to give them time to get to it and just learn how to deal with it for now. So take it easy and just enjoy it for now.

• 41. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Hey guys  you need to stop and think. This is a new game and when you have over a mil people to Try and make happy some things get lost and over looked. Also Alot of people ave different play styles and even if some things need to be tweeked a bit. We have to give them time to get to it and just learn how to deal with it for now. So take it easy and just enjoy it for now.

• 42. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

I'm with Hollywood here.

The guns have more recoil than you're giving credit for. And the OP is pretty well-reasoned and constructed, and I am in full agreement.

• 43. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.
    iamhollywood5

It's perfectly understandable that with a game that has just been released, not everything is balanced exactly like they thought it was.  I don't expect it to be fixed tomorrow, like I said in the OP i'm just giving my suggestions for the first patch so we don't end up with a game where everyone uses the same 2 or 3 guns. Overall I'm very pleased with MW3 and I'm definitely enjoying it, I just think it could be better with some weapon adjustments here and there.

• 44. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Wow you people really are something, already trying to get stuff nerfed.

The game is becoming the worste pile of crap I've seen all because the people complainging about oh this is OP it needs nerfed oh the balance we need!

Bullcrap nothing is OP or needed balancing it is because that someone gets dominated by someone else with a certain gun, so they then come to the forums crying about the weapons or the perks when it is neither!

You people need to learn to adjust to what they are using and counter it, not come cry to get it UN-BALANCED! The7y made this game the way it should be damage and recoil all the same if it was real life I'd shoot you with 1 bullet and your done no questions asked!

How can you say it kills in three bullets and should be 5?

It's the most rediculous thing I have ever heard of.

Stop crying like little babies on the forums there is not 1 gun in this game that is overpowered and that I can not counter except when using a shotty maybe since they suck where everyone complained about them in previous titles!

You are ruining the game as you did with all the others I mean **** it's not even been a week!  As someone previously stated take out all guns that way there is no questions about what is what and that should determine if it's tyhe gun or person!

Infinity Ward seriously look at what is going on you know it's just cry baby trollers who get owned constantly I hope you don't ruin this game like 3arc did with Blops or this will certainly be the last cod title I buy!!

• 45. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

The game is becoming the worste pile of crap I've seen all because the people complainging about oh this is OP it needs nerfed oh the balance we need!

Bullcrap nothing is OP or needed balancing it is because that someone gets dominated by someone else with a certain gun, so they then come to the forums crying about the weapons or the perks when it is neither!

You people need to learn to adjust to what they are using and counter it, not come cry to get it UN-BALANCED! The7y made this game the way it should be damage and recoil all the same if it was real life I'd shoot you with 1 bullet and your done no questions asked!

Stop crying like little babies on the forums there is not 1 gun in this game that is overpowered and that I can not counter except when using a shotty maybe since they suck where everyone complained about them in previous titles!

You are ruining the game as you did with all the others I mean **** it's not even been a week!  As someone previously stated take out all guns that way there is no questions about what is what and that should determine if it's tyhe gun or person!

Infinity Ward seriously look at what is going on you know it's just cry baby trollers who get owned constantly I hope you don't ruin this game like 3arc did with Blops or this will certainly be the last cod title I buy!!

• 46. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

• 47. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Sorry for the triple post but it is glitching for me as I'm sure it has foir others!

But please stop your whining and counter this crap like all the others do if you are good at the game you should have no problems in doing so!

Just because the gun is popular or someone wrecked you with it does'nt mean it's OP!!

• 48. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.
    rattlehead01

Hardly see how assault rifles need a nerfing or "readjustments". How about fixing the hit detection? How about fixing the game so we don't get into matches where everyone is on 3 bars or less?

Guns are fine.. fix the things that need fixing.

• 49. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.
    rankismet

iamhollywood5 wrote:

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the balance of MW3.  Explosives are balanced, perks are very balanced, Killstreaks are balanced, pretty much everything.   Except the guns, namely assault rifles.

I'd like to suggest some tips for the first patch.

First off, something most of us are well aware of:  The Type 95 is disgustingly OP and needs a nerf immediately.  A 3 round burst that shoots extremely fast, can have Rapid Fire, and very high accuracy should NOT kill in 2 bullets.  Either make it a 3 bullet kill minimum, or cut its range in half so it only kills in 2 bullets when very close quarters.

Second, the ACR 6.8 isn't quite as OP as the Type 95, but it could use some minor tweaking, like reducing minimum damage so it is a 3 bullet kill up close but a 5 bullet kill at range.

Now, the "power weapons" in the assault category are almost useless.  By "power weapons" I mean the AK-47 and CM901, which should be 2 bullet kills due to the fact that they shoot very slow and have insane recoil.  The damage on those 2 weapons is currently 49.  So close to a 2 bullet kill, but regardless it takes 3.  The ACR and SCAR-L also kill in 3 bullets, but have far less recoil and higher fire rates, making the AK and CM901 basically pointless. 

Instead of raising the base damage from 49 to 50, my suggestion is to give the AK-47 and CM901 exclusive damage multipliers, similar to sniper rifles.  Basically adding a 1.1x multiplier to the chest and maybe even loser torso, the AK and CM901 have the ability to kill in 2 bullets to the upper body, but 3 bullets below the waist.  This way they can actually compete with the ACR, M4, and SCAR-L while also requiring some skill.

The same can maybe be done for the UMP45, which also has 49 damage, but 17 minimum damage, taking 6 bullets to kill at range.  If it takes 6 bullets at range and has the lowest RoF for any SMG, it should have the benefit of a 2 bullet kill up close

Thoughts?

Disagree with 100% of what you wrote.

OP this... OP that... waa-waa-waa.