1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 4:19 PM by Chomper360 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.
    iamhollywood5

You people are f*cking ridiculous.  How in f*cking hell does my OP sound like whining in any shape or form?  God damn you trolls it's called CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK FOR GAMEPLAY TUNING.

If you in-bred dumbf*cks learn how to read you can see at the very top of my OP I said I'm happy with the game, i'm not sitting here kicking and screaming saying it's ruined.  I think it's a good game with relatively could balance, I'm just saying it's BETTER.  Now all you people crying about a potential nerf are only getting butthurt because you have no idea how you would play the game if they took away your crutch that you lean on for your precious K/D.  I have a K/D of over 2 so far and I'm at the top of the scoreboard for every game.  You wanna know why? Because I use Type 95 and ACR with akimbo FMG9's as a secondary.  I use them because with most other set-ups I don't get quite as good of scores.  We all use the OP guns.  The difference between you and I is the fact that I have the balls to admit that the crutch I lean on isn't fair to everyone else.

And by the way, for those who apparently don't give 2 sh*ts about balance in your video games or realize the importance of it, the majority of my OP was explaining why 2 assault rifles needed a BUFF, not a nerf, since you are so terrified of the word "nerf."

• 51. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Lol yea I'm sure your K/D is a 2 and that your at the top because if you were you wouldn't be in here complaining!

Yes a couple weapons should be buffed but see your saying you didn't say anything abt being OP and you just said it again there moron!

And I guarantee you I would crush you with whatever gun on gun battle we came too, except for the **** shotty's.

So really get over yourself and your "Crutch" being I got owned time to go cry on a forum and get a weapon turned to crap that way I might be good at the game.  Wrong!!

Get a life troll and stop trolling these forums they aren't going to nerf stuff like they did in blops they know that this stuff is balanced considering how long it took them!

• 52. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.
    firehawkshooter

iamhollywood5 wrote:

You people are f*cking ridiculous.  How in f*cking hell does my OP sound like whining in any shape or form?  God damn you trolls it's called CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK FOR GAMEPLAY TUNING.

If you in-bred dumbf*cks learn how to read you can see at the very top of my OP I said I'm happy with the game, i'm not sitting here kicking and screaming saying it's ruined.  I think it's a good game with relatively could balance, I'm just saying it's BETTER.  Now all you people crying about a potential nerf are only getting butthurt because you have no idea how you would play the game if they took away your crutch that you lean on for your precious K/D.  I have a K/D of over 2 so far and I'm at the top of the scoreboard for every game.  You wanna know why? Because I use Type 95 and ACR with akimbo FMG9's as a secondary.  I use them because with most other set-ups I don't get quite as good of scores.  We all use the OP guns.  The difference between you and I is the fact that I have the balls to admit that the crutch I lean on isn't fair to everyone else.

And by the way, for those who apparently don't give 2 sh*ts about balance in your video games or realize the importance of it, the majority of my OP was explaining why 2 assault rifles needed a BUFF, not a nerf, since you are so terrified of the word "nerf."

Calm down, dude.

Your post is whining. It's the same people every year that start the "OP this, OP that" bandwagon. Constructive feedback? I don't think so. Just play the game how it is or don't play it at all.

"I'm not sitting here kicking and screaming saying it's ruined." And yet here you are, all butthurt when your opinion is taken down by people who are sick of the constant whining every year.  "I think it's a good game with relatively could balance, I'm just saying it's BETTER." What? "Now all you people crying about a potential nerf are only getting butthurt because you have no idea how you would play the game if they took away your crutch that you lean on for your precious K/D." Do I use the Type 95? No. I wouldn't be affected by these nerfs, but everyone is sick and tired of hearing the same bullsh*t every day. We all use the OP guns.  "The difference between you and I is the fact that I have the balls to admit that the crutch I lean on isn't fair to everyone else." So why must you lean on the crutch? Why can't you abandon the need for a crutch? Is it the fact that your wee baby will be injured by death? My K/D is 0.6. Do I give a d*mn? No. So why do you? You won't get all the girls or fancy cars or a big house if you have a good K/D.

• 53. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

ARs are fine and have higher damage and have longer range. Its just now smgs have high damage as well but they cant go no where near as far as an AR. People run and gun with ARs like they do with snipers. You cant use them like that anymore which is a goood thing. ARs on Black Ops and Mw2 could run and gun,stealth,camp, they would even out class a smg at close range.

• 54. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

If the Type 95 is overpowered because it kills in one burst...  Aren't Sniper Rifles overpowered?  You can EASILY kill in one shot AND you get 100% mobility AND you get a scope that can be used at close and long range.  Hell...  At close range you don't even have to really look into the scope you just have to pretend to pull it up.

If the Type 95 gets nerfed then I suggest the Sniper Rifles all go to a two hit kill.

• 55. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Personally my favourite AR is the G36C, as it was in Call of Duty 4. I beat all other ARs with it no problem but I also get killed by all other ARs as usual.

The key is that players who can sense the subtle differences between guns tend to gravitate towards certain guns due to the minor differences vs. other guns. I gravitate towards the G36C because I find it has very low recoil with the Kick proficiency, a fast reload with SoH and kills very quickly, however I personally find the Type 95 atrocious as I dislike burst weapons.

Nothing is overpowered in this game as it is >IMPOSSIBLE< to balance everything, there will always be someone complaining so IW and Sledgehammer have done what all game studios do, they find the best compromise and to be honest I think they've done a fairly good job of it this time around.

The reason people cry that the Type 95 is overpowered is because the better players who use it often have superior accuracy as they need to get all 3 bullets on target plus they customise their loadout correctly, this leads to them being able to get kills very easily in most situations and the people who just slap on an automatic AR with a semi-good loadout just expect to be able to counter everything with one loadout.

Newsflash, loadouts are there because some loadouts are better vs. others. If someone is using an AR with the noob tube, XM25, Bouncing Betties and such, you will obviously counter that with a class that has Stalker Pro, Blast Shield and a Shotgun as the person is likely to be inside a building surrounded by explosives, so you create that class to give you an advantage over their class.

That is what CoD is, certain loadouts working better at killing others than other loadouts, but the problem comes when whining kids come on the game and expect to be able to kill EVERYONE no matter what with their AR and random loadout when the game doesn't work like that.

This game has a lot of intricacies, instead of crying overpowered whenever a certain loadout keeps killing you, create a new class with a loadout that EFFECTIVELY COUNTERS the loadout that keeps killing you and you will then kill them a lot easier!

Best of luck and may you enjoy the game!

• 56. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.
    iamhollywood5

I guess I have to come to the conclusion that most of you are blind, can't read a stats chart, or are just all around too stupid to see how some guns have enourmous statistical advantages over other guns, regardless of skill.  I don't really care, it always takes the community a few months to pull their heads out of their arses and a few months down the road most the of community will agree these weapons need tuning and they will be adjusted accordingly.  It took a long time for Treyarch to re-balance the FAMAS but it got done eventually.  So there is some hope that MW3 wont turn into a game where only 3 different weapons are used.

• 57. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

Well thought-out argument even if it's pretty flawed.

I don't die very often to a Type 95, but I still felt compelled to post in this thread, because it really is overpowered. That opinion is based on my usage of the weapon - not from dying repeatedly to people using it.

If you can't see that it's overpowered when combined with rapid fire then you need a head check. I really don't know how else to put it. I did very well when I used the type 95 even without attachments and with rapid fire it's just over the top. I haven't kept a load out with it simple because I always shy away from weapons I feel are overpowered.

Has IW/SH done a much better job with balancing? Hell yes. The Type 95 is one of the exceptions, though. I also feel the AK-47 and CM901 could use minor tweaks, too, but I'm still up in the air on that as I haven't used them quite enough to say how.

There are bigger fish to fry, though. I'd be much happier if the lag compensation issue were dealt with - even if the guns remained untouched. However, that doesn't make the 95 any less overpowered.

A lot of people think that when others complain about overpowered weapons or balancing that the game is automatically going to get homogenized, but it's not a case of wanting every gun the same...just balanced. There are ways of balancing through RoF versus damage versus accuracy, etc., and still maintaining a different feel between them. In that case we end up with every gun being a viable option for everyone and diversity shines. We see much less of everyone running around with the same 1-2 weapons.

As much as mw2 was imbalanced in killstreaks and explosives it had a pretty fair gun balance. Using any weapon was a viable option while still doing very well. I never even felt compelled to complain about the UMP as a lot of people did. When it's blatantly obvious to most of the community that something needs balancing the issue will surface as it has here. Trying to defend it is fine...a lot of people want to keep the crutch and are enjoying it. Saying that others are just crying and making excuses is simply childish, though. There's a reason that so many people single this weapon out as needing a nerf or at least removing rapid fire.

I really don't think most of the people complaining simply want a nerf bat waved around at something. I really do believe most of us want balance in the game. IW/SH has done a really good job with the game and I'd just like too see them polish it.

• 58. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

I think AK & CM only needs more rate of fire OR rapid fire attachment, last time i checked the AK and the UMP should had same firing speed do they? I DOUBT IT >.>

• 59. Re: Assault Rifles need some re-balancing.

SMG should be able to move faster.

AR has range instead.

1v1 CQC should be a draw or as fair as it can be.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next