1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2011 12:52 PM by maxicane Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags

If this is going to be considered "modding/glitching" then the gamer shouldn't be blamed for it and shouldn't be punished. Someone just stumbled upon this and started spreading word around the gamer community. For it to be "modding" then everyone who has it done would have had to had their boxes messed with, and if it's going to be considered glitching then a simple update should do the trick. Now if you are complaining about this because it's made an inconvience you on, how about you just complain how the name of your own teammates pops up in front of you, instead of just saying "their name is too big!!!" Cry some more

• 21. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags
    ^adam9212^

Why are so many of you defending this clan tag bullsh*t? No, it's not modding but it's also not a damn easter egg, IT IS A GLITCH!

"It doesn't bother me" "It has no advantage".. Seriously? It looks pretty damn stupid when the killfeeds are full of [XYAB] [RTLBXA] in multi-coloured text, ruins the experience for me and it's incredibly distracting/obstructive.

People don't deserve to be banned for doing it, but it needs to be fixed now.

• 22. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags

agree to it i reported all of those guys who have that kind of clantag. and further if its not glitching or some like that then why the hell just guys on their 2. prestige (how the hell they get so fast up there...cheating!!) have them??

IW surely must get their eyes on that one.

• 23. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags
    creaper21

Because you level up very fast in this game. I'm almost second prestige already. Even faster if you have the double xp.

• 24. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags
    Rich_J

Look, I will do my best to describe why its possible to do this. It will be a long explanation but it's true.

One, it isn't an easter egg. If it was then the codes for each image would have a character relevant to that button in it.

Second, it's not modding because no 3rd party software or hardware is required to do it.

Third, it is NOT a glitch! I am willing to bet if you could put the same symbols into ANYTHING on xbox those same images would appear. It's an xbox thing, not something Activision, IW, or Sledgehammer put into it or have any control over. All they have control over is not allowing any symbols being used in clan tags. Those little "codes" you put in are what the game developers use to make those images show up in game. Anywhere you see that image in ANY other game shown, I can guarantee that exact same code your using is being used for that also.

So to simply put it, it's just a core code for the xbox that you just so happen to be able to use in a clan tag on MW3. I am sure it will be patched, maybe not because Activision or IW wants it to be patched but maybe because Microsoft wants it to be patched.

No I don't think people should be banned for it, nor do I think that people should use it. It makes everything look sloppy and I am sure Activision, IW, Microsoft, and the majority of the XBL community don't want to see that.

• 25. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags

to all you morons out there that think its someone modded there files , they havent its just a easter egg its not hard to do.

everyday i come on these forums to find out info but all i see is people ***** and moan about something and it makes me think how dumb you people really are. 90% of what you all cry about iv never ran in to like lag , matchmaking , QSs ( tell a lie i played a whole team of QS and they all sucked real bad). iv never really ran in to corner camps and if i have i just get on with the game.

now back on to the clan tags what makes it so bad , do they become gods at the game if they have the A button on there tag , does it affect your game , no it dont just get over it and stop crying about something thats not a problem. i played a whole team that had buttons in there clan tag and i never thought "OMG theses guys are going to rock me silly they have elite clan tags" . they never, they wasnt great or the tags never helped them.

so please stop the moaning just enjoy the game and if it upsets you that much just move on to a differnt server

• 26. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags
    flameweilder8

It's not a mod. It's not a hack. It's an EXPLOIT!!

Seriously, if you have to **** your diaper whining, then go play another game.

There is no ingame advantage to it other than having an awesome clan tag.

I'm going to do it right now. :DDDDDD

• 27. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags

thers no hacking no glitching no doing anything you shouldnt the game allows you to do it simply by entering your clan name so whats your beef, have you got no friends to add to your clan? find some andmake your clan tag using the tools mw3 gave us

• 28. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags

thers no hacking no glitching no doing anything you shouldnt the game allows you to do it simply by entering your clan name so whats your beef, have you got no friends to add to your clan? find some andmake your clan tag using the tools mw3 gave us

• 29. Re: XM25 and xbox button clan tags
    rattlehead01

So you are going to make the gayest clan tag you can, exploit a glitch doing it, and block your teammates view with your bright xbox symbol clan tag? You sir are an idiot, Everyone doing this little glitch should be punished for it.