1 2 3 4 Previous Next 214 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 7:21 AM by Snipingdbag Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?
    pj600r

I actually like to snipe sometimes myself but there aren't many maps that really cater for long shots.

I can't QS either so I don't bother with sniper rifles much now.

If you watch a QS montage on YouTube most of the shots go wide of the mark but they get the kill because the aim assist does the rest.

It's one of the few things BO got right but I've not seen many quickscopers on this game yet.

Turn off the aim assist off sniper rifles and then it becomes less of an issue, a good sniper will get his kill with or without it.

• 11. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?

Please, at least in reference to MW3, any AR I've come across can drop a Quick Scoper before he's even raised up his sights, even with Quick Draw, I've had the benefit of seeing that through both perspectives, from the AR user, and from the Sniper.

You'll only die if you let them fire, and that's going on the assumption that they are good at what they are doing, and they don't get a hitmarker.

Whether or not it's an exploit is irrelivent, the question was whether it was overpowered in MW3 or not, and the Type 95 and lag compensation are far worse problems that should be being delt with instead.

• 12. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?
    vims1990

I don't consider it a glitch, it's more of a cheap tactic with snipers in general.

So far in MW3, I've come across snipers with their SOH Pro, QD Pro & SA Pro setup just one-shot killed me at CQC whilst I put almost a clip into them.

The sniping seems worse in MW3 compared to MW2 IMO. I've always found Treyarch's method of removing SOH Pro from snipers a fair balance between snipers not one-hit killing players who use Assault Rifles & SMG's at close range.

In MW3, I've seen killcams of snipers not fully scoping in which annoys the crap out of me when they sponge my bullets.

Disabling Quickdraw would be the best option to make sniping more of a challenge.

• 13. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?

In regards to MW2 killcams, that not completely scoping in effect was caused by the killcam, on the players screen they did actually have the scope fully come up before firing, it happens in MW3 as well, looks like they sort of half scope it or something.

• 14. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?

fwip i play team defender with my pwn$ clan and we joined a clan that onley quikscoped we one still but they all had golden berrets i got mad so there out there watch out

• 15. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?
    pj600r

Have to agree they aren't hard to kill if you use the right gun and tactics.

I've started using the PP90M1 and if you put rapid fire on it the quickscopers have to be good to stand any chance if you rush them with that.

The TYPE 95 is good in the right hands just like the M16 was in previous games, I've tried it for a few games but just can't get the feel for it and I usually like burst fire weapons.

• 16. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?
    megamitchdog

i can't stand quick scoping. it's annoying sometimes. i should know because it happens to me all the time. in my opinion, it's totally unfair!!!

• 17. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?

How is it unsportsmanlike? I agree that its much easier to quickscope in this game but its not like its a huge advantage. Also its a video game, its not supposed to be taken seriously its supposed to be fun. If quicksoping is fun for that player than let him have fun.

• 18. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?

How is it unsportsmanlike? I agree that its much easier to quickscope in this game but its not like its a huge advantage. Also its a video game, its not supposed to be taken seriously its supposed to be fun. If quicksoping is fun for that player than let him have fun.

• 19. Re: Quick scoping, skill or unfair advantage?

IW and Robert bowling say its the most balanced game they have made,which is bollocks.They actually put a perk in the game thats aids QSing what the f u c k is going thriugh their heads??There are loads of ppl using rapid fire controllers and the moderators say they can'y be used as they use of them is beyond human capability so how is QSing not beyond human capability?Id rather have a bunch of kids using modded controllers (cause they are not an advantage) than get QSed all the time.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next