28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 3:33 AM by vims1990 RSS

Ghost campers are back and worst than ever before...thanks I.W.

blkbumblebee17

ok first off i use to be a ghost rusher not camper tho because i played a lot of games with no party and i hated being killed because a teammate gave them unlimited uav's. However with that being said im not using it now and doing fine but i do see a huge problem with the new ghost. Not only did they split it up but they made it completely overpowered.. i.e. noob setup blind eye, assassin, and dead silence... wtf I.W. not only does this person not need to do anywork to not be seen but now they are completely invisible and before u say recon is a counter to it last i checked i only had  a few granades and flashbangs not an unlimted supply to check every corner on the map for a ghost camper... not only that u took off marathon i cant run unlimited to at least get past a few of these guys because they usually have the reaction time of a snail. come on i.w. wth were u guys thinking

• Re: Ghost campers are back and worst than ever before...thanks I.W.
    geo2011

well maybe you shouldnt spam them withs uavs

Recon pro is bullets paint them on the mini-map. Also Recon drone marks them.

Also run Steady aim, if the guy startles you turn on him and hip fire like crazy.

blkbumblebee17

yea thats all true but if he knows im coming and is sitting with a shoty i have no chance even still id have to sacrifice my slight of hand or extreme conditioning just to hopefully see this guy in a corner and with the recon drone i thought u man that like the rc car leaving your body exsposed thus making u a sitting duck  plus steady aim makes gets rid of stalker pro and i love running past explosives its a campers best friend but i mean  those are good ideas but it only works if i see the camper first or get enough kills to use the recon to me its a waste of a kill streak but maybe things will change later i wish advanced uav was like blackbird you could see everyone

i dont think u realise how hard it is to use that setup and do well. ur aim down sight is slow as **** and u cant reload fast. and u get stalker noobs strafing sideswides round corners on u like crazy. i bet u get killed by that setup more than u gt killed by stealth players

blkbumblebee17

well i use stalker because i never hip fire its a habit i've had since mw2 so i run hit a corner site up and the move or shoot but i use it mainly for the explosive protection anyway it seems hard to use for a good player because its boring and we like to be mobile for someone who sits in a corner the whole game and dosent move its not that hard to do well 5 kills to pred missle, which could lead to a reaper then ac130 i mean it wouldnt be hard and i just noticed it also makes emp and counter uav useless so yea my point still stands its a crappy way to to play and even crappier that they put it in the game

slyaudio

You take ghost out and you take out a fundemental of the game.

I use Assassin Pro, I run and gun and always lose the gun battle, so I camp, only way to win at this game

sennalike

If it is all "so easy" and you could "easily" get a MOAB, AC130, Reaper then I'd say you're the fool for not doing just that.  But the truth is you got killed by a couple of campers and thought you would come on here and ty to belittle anyone who camps.  Camping in one spot is an easy way to get one maybe two kills, but stayng in the same spot the entire match will reap little reward because people come back and kill you.

The sooner people begin to understand that others will play the game the way they want to then the sooner you will just accept it and start enjoying it for what it is.  Alternatively play something else, you will not change the way others play no matter what you say.

if you can't kill campers, you got bigger problems than those three perks.

this game is amazing, and I have no problems running and shooting, it's easier now than in the last modern warfare.

I run blindeye, assasin and steady aim.

p90 rds and stinger, it's a great class.

try to do some singleplayer if multiplayer is too hard for you

blkbumblebee17

first off to all u losers im doing quite fine in the game i started this to let off steam after goin for a few high kill streaks only to be killed by some loser in a corner camping then listening to my teammmates talk about the same dude in different corners or the map getting his kil streaks up instead of running and gunning and seriously if u can run and gun with those perks its not an issue ur in the open there is some risk to you being killed vs that guy in the corner but funny how no one agrees that u dont have to work for the perks to work unlike past cod games its too noob friendly... and seiously the game has so much lag and connection issues i dont wanna hear anyone say its awesome cause its far from it too many issues need to be adressed first before i say its awesome. as usual i get that its a play style but a sucky one but to each his own and xflamehd i'd crush u anyday fact is tho its annoying and im not attacking anyone other than i.w. for  splitiing it up but watever dont like what i said big deal not hurting me none

u mad bro ? , you are so bad to the game. go home an cry.

dude,

I was Lvl 19,

used UMP with red dot,

Perks:

Quickdraw

Sleight of hand

marathon ( or whats it called in mw3? )

i came to 32 - 0 in the map in wallstreet

with only ump and killstreaks: pred, attack heli, Ac-130

so whats ur problem

i dont have any problems gotten yet from campers.

dude,

I was Lvl 19,

used UMP with red dot,

Perks:

Quickdraw

Sleight of hand

marathon ( or whats it called in mw3? )

i came to 32 - 0 in the map in wallstreet

with only ump and killstreaks: pred, attack heli, Ac-130

so whats ur problem

i dont have any problems gotten yet from campers.

blkbumblebee17

ive ran into a lot as people unlock new things and yea i've had some phenomanal games running and gunning too im not saying its a huge problem yet mainly because the players who picked this game up early are people who really wanna play and do well but ive watched my buddies who often suck at this game put up good numbers using that stratagey it makes me mad that a good camper and a good gunner can sometimes but up beast numbers when one is actually working hard for his kills i mean in ops i had a 63 and 7 and some dude went 90 and 1 and i couldnt see how because i was always in the other teams face alone until i watched replays and saw he sat in buildings picking off people as i switched the spawns its just a little frustating and u use the same set up i do except marathon and slight are in the same class but either way i just hate camping in genreal aand obviously it as a big enough issue if 3rch made a whole playlist with no ghost or second chance i mean it slows the game down a little and i love dropping nades on people who camp but seriously i just wish they had at least made it harder to use the perks becase every runner with ghost on i've killed they stand little chance in the open with out quick draw most times but its when i watch them see 5 of there own guys get mowed down and im like cool lets go im hype only to have my buzz stoped by some dude in a corner i like multiplayer i like killing people and this is just a new challenge but again i made this thread to let off steam i didnt think so many people would disagree

Hmm for campers "Sucking" My class can manage to get 23-1 so i kinda feel why he might be mad :/ I have elite though and i look at the maps and go away from the spawns so, That kinda helps

thanks for letting me know which classes to play!

np,

and i dont use the ghost perk, thats just lame!

j-ray810

they attacked me instead of offering insight i didn't belittle anyone

wtf dude really u corner whore..

first off to all u losers ( did admit to this wrong )

yea right they would camp no matter what just because they cant get kills while mobile either due to terrible aim of flat out not having any skills

noob setup

no u didn't belittle anyone at all

its a new game it will have more camper then usual until all gets ust to the flow of the maps /players/routes/high fighting areas/flanks

also again ur own words

and seriously the game has so much lag and connection issues i don't wanna hear anyone say its awesome cause its far from it too many issues need to be adressed first before i say its awesome.

so that in itself can cuase a player to "camp" in order to keep from  spending 16 bullets to kill someone and have a fighting chance for those who aint having that problem in the game when those problems are resolved the just short of half of the "campers" that move from Conner to Conner will be lessoned

creaper21

WHAT!?!?!? NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS?!?!?! OMG! WHAT WILL ANYONE DO?! I CANT PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT CHASING THE RED DOTS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, if you can't handle having to actually use your eyes for once, then just stop playing FPS games.

Snipingdbag

Worse than ever but they in basic split up ghost? Nah. It was bad today though from my experience as well, man especially in ffa. Like over half of the lobby was corner camping constantly. This is so annoying especially with lag spikes and Retarded re-spawns,. I still won most games but really I should not be dying so much. This game is to connection based.

They are not invisible though. Assassin is not the problem at all, people should be using assassin constantly with how easy support streaks are made to get constantly in this game. You should be using your eyes for kills mainly & the radar as an indication only, it’s people who corner camp constantly that are the problem regardless of perk choices. Why even do it, you usually add nothing at all and will never get good at the game doing it constantly.

If you notice the whole lobby basically using assassin, switch to assault streaks and use it yourself, it's not hard to switch classes constantly..

vims1990

Blame the UAV Spam that's goes off every minute of game.

"Enemy UAV Identified"

"Watch your 6, Enemy UAV inbound...blah blah"

If there wasn't so much UAV spam, you'll rarely see players use Assassin.

Two solutions to your problems:

1) Stop spamming UAV's! If you're using the support package (and you can get good scores), stick to the higher tied support pointstreaks.

2) Use the Recon Perk

3) Take those UAV's out with your Stinger Launchers

4) Use a Recon Drone or Sam Turret to spot Assassin players

5) Check your corners

6) Use the perk if you feel you're being UAV spammed

7) Soundwhore

You realise players do use Assassin the flank the enemy whilst they are staring at their mini-map and not sit in corners.

I use Assassin if I'm constantly being spammed by UAV's and it works when you're rushing. I don't use the UAV in my point streak setup as well as I feel like I'm being a hypocrite for using a perk for avoiding UAV's.

blkbumblebee17

really check your corners hmm..  so what your telling me is that every corner in the game is checkable without slowing down so much that you leave your self exsposed to players that are actually moving... yea seriously if you've never ran into a great camper then my hats off to you but in my cod lifetime i have games where the camping by some people are rediculous i mean yes after about a month camping will die a bit but come on seriously no one wants to be killed by person who isnt on the radar nor are they moving and they know where your at before you find out there position i mean in s&d its watever but in kill confirmed of tdm its stupid to camp and if you honestly feel all corners can be checked then see fallen, village, outpost, etc... i mean there are some wicked spots to camp i dont always have a problem with it but when your on a good streak it sucks to hit the one guy in the corner where u had no way of knowing he would be there but again.. this is the first forum i've been in where so many people dont agree that camping is a problem and ghost helps them do it.. but watever and if u cant see how bad parts of ghost are notice htis time they are immune from counter and emp so now not only cant i not see u on my map i cant stop you from seeing me tell me that makes any sense

vims1990

I've run into many campers in the game but I still win anyway.

I also don't run into the same spot as I'm just giving away kills.

In Kill Confirmed, if they're camping for their pointstreaks & not collecting the tags, they're obviously going to lose

In TDM, if they're sitting in corners, they aren't helping their team with kills. They're most likely going 4-0 and still losing as they aren't going for their share of the kills.

If they are defending the flag in Domination (by sitting in a corner), it's defending a flag (so yes, they are playing the objective)

If they are defending the bomb in Demolition, it's defending the bomb.

......an so on.

Run with a good team and you will most likely come out on top.

Campers don't win...unless they're defending their objectives.

Use perks and other pieces of equipment to your advantage rather than ***** & moan on the forums about Assassin.

It's been in every COD game since COD4.

Please, keep spamming those UAV's & Advanced UAV's and watch all the opposition switch to Assassin.

Instead of using them, play a bit tactically rather than running in an open field with guns blazing

I despise corner campers (unless they're defending the objective) but you shouldn't blame the game, blame the community who play the game.

[wos]decoy

Marksman perk + assassin pro perk + heartbeat sensor = ultimate camper