19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 6:56 AM by bicranium RSS

COD Elite- What an embarrassment

Seriously, if I worked at IW, I would be highly embarrassed at the complete trainwreck that is COD Elite. If you'll recall, Elite has been a huge selling point for thsi game. They went to great lengths to tell us how amazing it would be. And now a week later it still isn't up. We can't enter the code from our Hardened Edition card anywhere. The mobile app is nowhere to be found, and they won't even give us an estimate of when it will be available. Meanwhile, tons of people have already played enough to hit first or second prestige, so the value of some Elite features is just evaporating (strategy guides, heat maps, etc). The longer we go without Elite, the necessary it seems. I actually feel sorry for IW, because COD Elite is a colossal failure so far.

• Re: COD Elite- What an embarrassment

I agree. For a game they hyped as so aniticipated it's funny to me they couldn't have the foresight to know their preparations were crap. I was cool for the first few days, but now, a week later, I am pissed I spent 50 bucks on this. I could have bought some other game that actually worked.

This is why i told the guy at Gamestop that it's worthless, and to not give me a "you're an idiot for not buying this" look. I knew that it would be a waste of $50. Plus, I don't see the benefits of getting a "sepcial camo or emblem" or "having premium access to DLCs." So far all I see on the forums is Lag, lag, lag, WTF ELITE NOT WORKING, Lag, lag, lag, lag, Elite is BS, lag, lag, lag,etc.

BOLT5556

They may as well call it COD - "Throttled" because that is the only page that has come up in the last 3 days.  Too much traffic for certain time periods I can understand but 24 x7 it is always that busy - com' on man!  If the application can't handle it now it won't be able to handle it in 4 weeks.  I would not buy this product.

For the record...  Elite is mostly working for me now and I really like it.  The in-depth stat tracking and being able to play with your classes online is really kinda cool.

If it's still not working for you just give it time.  Once you are able to play around with it I am betting you will dig it too. 

I have Black Ops for 360 and was able to use it for maybe 2 hours afters MW3 came out and  since it's been "throttled".

I opted for the PC version of MW3 because my 360's DVD drive crapped out. This was fine until Elite was postponed for PC and now Elite Premium isn't even available. I have a strong feeling PC users are going to get shafted Elite completly.

We could at least get ranked dedicated servers if Elite is never released for PC. That was one of the "reasons" for no ranked servers, was Elite "To make it more fair."

I have used CoD Elite for Black Ops when it still was a beta. They never managed to finish that one completely.

Bugs in the competition, where 2 players are #1 with identical score, player 1 gets listed as #1 but player 2 gets a badge awarded.
    Facebook never worked.

Youtube barely worked.

Not able to link PC account.

Also the speed of Elite was fairly slow.

Overall: Elite Beta was a decent product that worked pretty well and totally tricked me into buying the Hardened Edition including Elite.

At least it has more details than Battlelog...

You cant track (from my knowledge) your certain weapon kills, only total kills

And I can't redeem my ps3 token because the console app is not downloadable in my country yet....

Well, this is why you don't have game developers code high volume web applications.

Does it work for those that paid for premium service because the free one never works, you can never sign in. What's up with the xbox 360 app download it downloads but how do you use it?

Does it work for those that paid for premium service because the free one never works, you can never sign in. What's up with the xbox 360 app download it downloads but how do you use it?

They underestimated the amount of people who would buy this, and so did I. Frankly, I don't find it that riveting overall. I didn't spend the money on the game or elite. I got lucky, and got it for free, I would of never bought this game or if I had, I wouldn't of bothered for Elite.

elite is an actual waste of time. The "interconnected community" that was ranted about is far what I was led to believe. The old forums that have always been there and act the exact same way, dont cost money, and you can access exactly what you look for with ease. and stat tracking? i died at so and so location too many times? i can figure that out on my own when i die at so and so location. complete waste of time. I signed up the day elite was announced but never did get founder status, and frankly, i dont even care. i was so disappointed with the service being lacklustre.

and whats this garbage they call a theatre? you cant invite friends to watch and laugh/or wow at stuff. ok, i get it, ill post it online and they can watch from youtube. oh...wait...they cant...its only a minute long. GARBAGE.

if anything b.ops had the theatre system right, at least.

MysticJon

I agree, it is an embarrassment, but I say forget Elite completely. It was a waste if time when it was first introduced and its still a waste of time now, even if it actually gets going. The only worthwhile feature of Elite is the clan stuff and a clan system should be built into the game itself.

They should actually speak to us instead of just giving us bullshit