37 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 2:40 PM by GTCEGamingBloodbath RSS

WHY no hardcore free for all

There are hardcore game modes for tdm, headquarters, etc...but why isnt there a hardcore ffa mode?  This is the only complaint I have with the game.  There seriously needs to be a hardcore ffa mode because this is the only game mode that me and a lot of my friends on xbox live play.

Please update the game ASAP to include Hardcore FFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: WHY no hardcore free for all

bump

I'm going to continually bump this thread until we get an answer. 90% of my Black Ops gaming was on HC FFA. It's the most pure, camp-free game there was on Black Ops, and this game is even more camp-promoting.

Please, please, please give us back HC FFA. There is no reasonable explanation to not have it.

bump

Just a lack of Hardcore content in General. I would like CTF and Team Defend.

i agree with you guys ive been a hardcore player since i found out about it. the general problem i think is game developers have never shot a real gun to realize the lethal properties of high powered rifles. guns kill but not in games, in games you can turn and shoot the guy who shot you first. dont understand it.

+1

All we played was HC CTF and it's gone. I loved it because you can't camp or you'll lose. It's a natural way to punish people not playing the game correctly. Kill confirmed is fun but it is more like team deathmatch than a true objective based game. I know it wasn't very popular on Black Ops but they removed it and a ton of people were pissed. I don't understand why they didn't include it in this game. We have about ten friends that all we did was HC CTF and now we're lost. Core is not any fun for us. Would love to see a full set of Hardcore options. If you can play it on Core, you should be able to do it on Hardcore.

I loved HC FFA for two main reasons.

A. I don't have to listen to dumb white boys yell racial slurs all game because they're alone in their room.

B. You can cycle through cams when you die to see where campers are. I would continually mortar and napalm campers which really helps open games up.

Please, bring this mode back!

atiredoldguy

HC FFa has always been my favorite mode and was disappointed not to see it here .... although not surprised. They didnt have it in MW2.

But commonsense3 .............. people like you ruin it.

You say you spectate for campers, but just be honest ....... you cant get any kills without your blackbird deathstreak. There is no reason why in a mode that has most of the easy stuff removed that someone should get rewarded like that for dying. Killcams are one thing. But to be able to see every single player, 1st person, 3rd person, and map view is utterly rediculous.

I've seen plenty of times where a couple guys would even work together watching each others backs when they are dead.

I know that it must be hard to only have what 8 or 9 hardcore types of games to choose from but how about barebones they only put one gametype and then it isn't even barebones it is core without streaks. Just poking some fun about the number of gametypes in hardcore. But the issue with barebones really does suck

Hardcore FFA is pretty much all I played in Cod4. Was very dissapointed that they didn't have it in MW2, and I never bought Black Ops, so I haven't really played it since Cod4. I would love for them to put it back in.

johnnyquest61

Love HCFFA!! I agree playing FFA in Core is not the same, need a full mag to kill is not the same. But then again the spawns would probably be as bad as all the HC spawns on CODMW3.

bosshogggj

BUMP! Hardcore FFA please!!! my most played game mode on BOPS, cant believe its not in this great game.

HCFFA was really the only mode me my wife and our online mates played and was so disappointed its now not not on MW3. I can not see a reason why all modes in core can not also be in HC as its much more tactical and realistic. In core it takes nearly a full mag to kill someone. respawning needs to be addressed to as spawn killing is just a cheap way to get an easy kill. as is that awfull last stand or whatever its called now.

HCFFA was really the only mode me my wife and our online mates played and was so disappointed its now not not on MW3. I can not see a reason why all modes in core can not also be in HC as its much more tactical and realistic. In core it takes nearly a full mag to kill someone. respawning needs to be addressed to as spawn killing is just a cheap way to get an easy kill. as is that awfull last stand or whatever its called now.

There should be a Hardcore varient of all game types, not just FFA. All my clan plays is HCHQ but they took this away too.

I prefer games that push people to get up and move instead of constant camping so I'd love to see HCHQ and HCTeamDefend.

SmokeyCheese1

I want HC FFA as well but think about it - if they gave you everything right away, then they wouldnt be able to charge you for it later

i couldn't be more disappointed....

all i played was pretty much HC FFA and HQ and now they are both gone.........

how can we do something about this?

im all for more hardcore modes but not ffa all anyone does is hide in a corner all game picking the odd person off

Sounds more like team deathmatch to me. WIth FFA you have far more options with regards who to kill. Besides you can't camp in FFA, not hardcore anyway, cause when you die you get to see where everyone is.

i agree with paddyt7.....

way more people camp in deathmatch it seems to be the ultimate camping game.

in ffa ppl can spectate and see where you are like paddy mentioned but also if your sitting in the corner the whole time in ffa someone running around is going to ending up reaching the score limit...

speak for yourself man i run around all game

One of the main reasons I bought MW3 was to play HCFFA, thinking it would be copied over from blackops since its the most popular variant by a long shot, according to population in game. Unfortunately, I already spent my money on a game that almost seems like an simple update to MW2. Also unfortunately, knowing Activision, HCFFA was put off for the next title specifically because it was so extremely popular. They knew they had enough of a following to sell MW3 without giving people exactly what they want.  In order to squeeze the life out of the title COD and promote and sell the next title they come out with, HCFFA will probably be included NEXT TIME around.

Read about Bobby Kotick.

rankismet

needHCffa wrote:

There are hardcore game modes for tdm, headquarters, etc...but why isnt there a hardcore ffa mode?  This is the only complaint I have with the game.  There seriously needs to be a hardcore ffa mode because this is the only game mode that me and a lot of my friends on xbox live play.

Please update the game ASAP to include Hardcore FFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because IW/SH do not support the HC community. We are a "niche".

yes yes yes please....HC FFA.....PLEASE

I am also very very pissed at the lack of HC FFA. It was all I played in Black Ops. I hate having to rely on team mates to do well and I hate the unrealistic-ness of having to put an entire clip of ammo into someone just to kill them. Yet the only HC games are ones that require a team. LAME! I keep trying to get into MW3 but every time I just end up switching back to Black Ops so I can play the one game type that truly tests your own individual skill... HC FFA. I am also a founding Elite member (Which I am currently regretting since if no HC FFA gets added I will stick with Black Ops until the next CoD title to get HC FFA comes out) so please count my vote for adding HC FFA... ASAP.

I agree, there should be a hardcore FFA mode. I also think there should be other game types for free-for-all, other than who can get the most kills. I have many great ideas and I wish a dev. would contact me so I can share them!

yes free for all Hardcore !!!!