1 2 3 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2011 8:45 PM by Brick2urFace RSS

IW please help shotgun rushers!

The shotguns in this game are underpowered.  let me rephrase that.  The slow firing shotguns in mw3  are underpowered.  To get reliable kills with them in the second half of their range you need steady aim on with either the range or damage proficiency.  I did all sorts of experiments with the shotguns with both damage and range proficiencies without steady aim on in the second half of the shotgun range you will get anywhere from 2-4 hitmarkers to kill with perfect shots.  I took the type 95 without steady aim and hip fired it from the same distance, and it never took more than 2 bursts.  The fact that steady aim is required to make a slow firing shotgun deadly from more than 20-30 ft is a slap in the face to shotgun rushers.  IW didn't want campers so they nerf the best camper killing weapon, make it so you can't run long distances any more and make snipers even more effective than they already were?  Shotgunners need to use dead silence so campers won't just hear us coming and turn and spam the door with akimbo machine pistols while we get hitmarkers.  Just give me the mw2 non stopping power damage of 40close-20long with the damage proficiency per pellet and you can put the range back to how it was in mw2 and I will be just fine.  No one was complaining about a non stopping power spas in mw2.

• 1. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

The spas is rediculous in MW2. It was almost not fair. I loved the thing to death. Why dont you just use the type 95 then?

• 2. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

because i like to rush with shotguns.  I want to sacrifice all the range i can have and my rate of fire so I can have a one hit kill **** cannon up close.  Its a risk reward thing.  The risk is being killed by eveyone outside of effective range but the reward should be (especially with the slow firing shotguns) one hit kills (with good aim) and the ability to chop through an entire enemy team if you get close enough.  Its happened more than once where I have run up on the back of 3 campers and started putting good shots into them from 20-30 ft and get nothing but hitmarkers (this is with damage on) and one of them whips around their 50 cal semi auto with the kick proficiency and qs the crap out of me.

• 3. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

Brick2urFace wrote:

because i like to rush with shotguns.

I also liked to sprint around with shotguns, its just not possible to do well on this game doing that. I had to adjust, it sounds like you need to do the same.

• 4. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

why it was fair before now it is underpowered.

• 5. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

Brick2urFace wrote:

because i like to rush with shotguns.  I want to sacrifice all the range i can have and my rate of fire so I can have a one hit kill **** cannon up close.  Its a risk reward thing.  The risk is being killed by eveyone outside of effective range but the reward should be (especially with the slow firing shotguns) one hit kills (with good aim) and the ability to chop through an entire enemy team if you get close enough.  Its happened more than once where I have run up on the back of 3 campers and started putting good shots into them from 20-30 ft and get nothing but hitmarkers (this is with damage on) and one of them whips around their 50 cal semi auto with the kick proficiency and qs the crap out of me.

Model 1887 enough.

• 6. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

too slow and not reliable enough 1 hit kills without steady aim for the gun to be good in anything but hardcore.

• 7. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

I was talking about MW3?...

• 8. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

so was I.  I have more than 600 kills each with spas and 1887 and I can tell you there was no time where I felt confidence in either of them.  There hasn't been a situation that I have felt happy I had a shotgun because frankly hip firing a sub machinegun works far better.  There is a reason even SandyRavage doesn't have a ton of shotgun gameplay on youtube because even in the hands of the master shotguners the gun is underpowered.  There are times with steady aim and range proficiency on where the gun can get some impressinve long range kills but that takes perfect aim and without dead silence to give you surprise after you fire that first shot its game over, and since the spas and 1887 are extremely slow firing weapons only perfect shots are useful.  The damage proficiency should give the spas identical damage to mw2 without stopping power.  no one was complaining when they got killed with a spas without stopping power.

• 9. Re: IW please help shotgun rushers!

I was talking about MW2... Model 1887 is the reason why all the shottys went to the primary slot and got nerfed...

1 2 3 Previous Next