1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 401 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 8:50 AM by Foxhound-Pro Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

The game is almost unplayable for me with this lag compensation bs.I can see it slowing down in game then kill cam shows something different.Instead of taking all the cool stuff from Homefront maybe they should have taken the idea of dedicated servers.

• 51. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

I'm with you, I can easily afford better internet but I am restricted to a max of 8mg up due to what is available where I live. As soon as 40mg is available I will jump on it but I have to wait until December 2012.

• 52. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Signed.

Dunno if there is much point, as IW cant be bothered to listen to us anyway.....

• 53. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Signed. I have a dualband "N" router connected to my ps3 through ethernet cable and i still lag!!! They better cut that **** out.

• 54. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    Jackal235

Lagging in the game is mostly about the latency (ping). Which has not much to do with bandwith. Basicly your bullets fly faster if the ping is smaller in milliseconds.

You can test it here: pingtest.net

Lag compensation slows down those with faster ping in favor of those with slower.

It doesn't look like it makes the game more fair. The kill cams show somtimes 2 seconds diffrence from what we actualy experience. Sometimes, you can be shoot by someone in front of you, not even being able to see them.

• 55. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Raise your hand if you actually know what lag compensation does. Oh nobody?

The lag compensation myth is up there with the "theater mode lag" in terms of ridiculous claims that really have no bearing in reality. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Lag_compe nsation

What lag compensation does is to allow hit registration when a player lags. If a player has 200 ms of ping and shoots precisely at a moving target that has 50 ms of ping, then on the host's view, will be shooting behind the enemy player. On the shooter's screen, the hitmarkers will appear after the host receives the packets that say that the enemy was hit. A player with a better connection will still have an advantage, but a player with a bad connection will still have his shots register, albeit much later (because of lag)

I got my start in multiplayer video games with Mechwarrior 2 on a 56k connection. I remember the case insert had a message to "aim ahead of the enemy player to account for network latency". Without lag compensation, people would have to predict where the enemy players are on the host's view and aim in front of where it seems the enemy player is.

The reason why I think that the whole idea of "host lag" got started is from framerate drops in Black Ops and MW3. Framerate drops don't necessarily mean that a game is lagging, and just because a game runs smoothly doesn't mean it's not lagging.

I know it's a huge wall of text, but this idea that lag compensation is anything but good for the game is ludicrous.

• 56. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    xialles

signed.

Its terrible. I hate the game like this. Its unplayable. I hope soon that there will be a punishment for the makers for giving customers a broken game. Now they laugh their asses off and count there money.

The suckers

• 57. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    welshy

Signed...

• 58. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

Hi players,

I'm french and i want to sign for this petition, i'm agree with this big problem.

If i send this message, does it mean i send up for this petition ?

Please excuse me for my english.

Thanks players.

Play 4 Fun & Enjoy

• 59. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    featherman84

Signed,

btw 9 out 0f 10 matches I'm being assigned as host, I notice this because I'm performing **** in these matches and as I rage quit I see the screen searching for a new host.

When I am not assigned host(which doesn't happen many times) I perform very well.

A lot of people in this petition say it has nothing to do with lag compensation, then please tell me how this is possible.My friends and I did some research and came to this conclusion:the ones with the worst connections a really performing better in this game, so tell me what's happening???.

PS:My English probably sucks due to the fact I'm Dutch.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next