20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 8:55 AM by wildcat_fans RSS

Player Collision.

HardwithStyle

I havent noticed this before in other CoD's but right at the start of every single game, i collide non stop with people on my team and struggle to get a good opening route off the start because of it, it slows you down soo much, and if the enemy team manages to start off with no collisions, they get a huge advantage.. Its not really a problem anytime else, its just at the start of games, its really annoying and i know others think this too, it feels like its something that needs to be fixed as its very frustrating.

Fixes?

Not sure on too many apart from, make the collsion detection a little less sensitive between players?

Or make the starting spawn a little bigger so theres less room for collision.

Suggestions would be great ^_^ lets get this noticed :3

• Re: Player Collision.

Yeah, it is horrible. I play SnD alot and I get stuck on a teammate every round! I don't really know why it is worse than other games but it definatly needs to be fixed.

HardwithStyle

-

its always been like that the worst map for it has to be terminal on mw2 if you start inside behind the scanners everyone trying to get through at once gives the other team a big advantage

I have a huge problem with this even in mid-match. I play Domination, so everyone chokes each other into the tiniest corridors. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't tell you how many of my deaths are from player-collision. Probably about 3/5 of them. The rest are entirely my own fault.

tommyguns3434

Yeah I was a match the other day and one of my teamates & I got stuck in a doorway in the begining of the match.  Both of us could not get free so I had to cook my frag and kill my self to get him free.  Now thats a team player!!!!

HardwithStyle wrote:

I havent noticed this before in other CoD's but right at the start of every single game, i collide non stop with people on my team and struggle to get a good opening route off the start because of it, it slows you down soo much, and if the enemy team manages to start off with no collisions, they get a huge advantage.. Its not really a problem anytime else, its just at the start of games, its really annoying and i know others think this too, it feels like its something that needs to be fixed as its very frustrating.

Fixes?

Not sure on too many apart from, make the collsion detection a little less sensitive between players?

Or make the starting spawn a little bigger so theres less room for collision.

Suggestions would be great ^_^ lets get this noticed :3

Easy fix is not move and let your team mates go then you wont run into them.

That's stupid... no one should have to cater to other players just to be able to MOVE! If I want to sprint at the start of the game to go set up my hide(Yes, I camp, but only when I'm running a heavy gun(Hmm, Barret, M60, or possibly even the FAD...))! This is especially annoying in Dom where you need to get the objectives as fast as possible to get a decent advantage, yet I've lost the early advantage many times because my team gets jumbled together between the random clutter on the map(An entirely seperate issue.)!

solidhead3 wrote:

That's stupid... no one should have to cater to other players just to be able to MOVE! If I want to sprint at the start of the game to go set up my hide(Yes, I camp, but only when I'm running a heavy gun(Hmm, Barret, M60, or possibly even the FAD...))! This is especially annoying in Dom where you need to get the objectives as fast as possible to get a decent advantage, yet I've lost the early advantage many times because my team gets jumbled together between the random clutter on the map(An entirely seperate issue.)!

I do that at the start of every match and i don't feel that i'm catering to anyone. if i don't want to be run into and blocked by a team mate i don't move. If you want to get out first watch where your running so you do run into ppl as well. I never run with the team i'm on i go off in a different way so i can outflank the enemy and kill them. When i play DOM if i start at "A" i try and cap "C" so we can pin them at "B" or when they try to cap "C" it makes it easy to cap "B". i don't need to get out first to do this i just have to be good enough to get behind my enemy. I do that in all game modes wether i feel like rushing, camping/sniping, or running & gunning.

Always been like that.

Pretty unovidable though. Having players pass through each other would be really bad. Multiple people would be able to stack on eachother, disgusing thier numbers on UAV, people could all camp in a single square, etc.

ghamorra

Not gonna lie, I was thinking about this today and debated on posting something about it. I have this problem often. Especially when the other team drops a predator missile and kills 3+ people. They all spawn in the same place at the same time and you have the same problem like you would at the start of a match. You throw on top of that an enemy player in the right place at the right time and that's 6+ kills in a matter of seconds. Huge problem there. I've found the best solution is waiting a couple seconds for everyone to pass by. Also the routes I take are unconventional so not too many people get in my way

Well just another part of this game that SUCKS

Also happens when teammates spawn right on top of you one after another.They either block the way your moving or collide with you making you move all crazy

HardwithStyle

Yea its an annoyance, i don't mind the spawning near other team mates and it happening, just the start spawn, im the kind of guy who thinkks a good opening route can make or break a game.. and getting your opening route ruined, sucks!

I noticed it too, it drives me insane. It's like the screen has a seizure when you bump into someone. I mean, you ran into people in Black Ops, but the screen wouldn't start shaking and bugging out. Not sure what that's about, but definitely annoying. Sometimes in the beginning of the game, I just let the team run in front of me unless I have extreme conditioning on, otherwise it's just annoying.

HardwithStyle

Mhm im an agressive rusher in kill confirmed, i cant stand waiting for someone at the start because my opening route can net me anywhere from 1-5 kills, and when im running with a mate or two, they are usally playing the same way i do , and we just collide the entire time at the start, i never noticed this as bad in any other cod

i had the same issue and the thing hat works for me everytime, make sure your the last one to select your class and you'll e at the front of the group, works everytime if you can judge the right time to select your class

I agree that it needs to be fixed by spreading out the spawns between players.  I have been in games where I am waiting for a player to round a corner to take a flag only to have a teammate spawn directly in front of me.  It not only blocks my view but pins me so I can't move.  Or it spawns two of us in the exact same place.  All too often it allows the enemy to get an easy multi-kill.