33 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 2:58 PM by Bloodring RSS

Prestige 6 and 7 already???

ghorman

I was in a lobby last night and saw a 6 and 7 prestige player.  That rank seems a little quick to me even with double XP.  Am I wrong?

• Re: Prestige 6 and 7 already???
    salimreplay

you should have checked the player's stats, i.e. is he that good?, does he have 5 days or more of play time?, that sort of stuff. If they dont make sense, then he might have boosted

ghorman

I have their names but there isn't an easy way to check like in BLOPS.  BLOPS had it right with the user interface and combat records.

salimreplay

use elite to check. if you havent registered or it hasnt started working for you, let me know their gamertags and i'll find out the details for you

Totally agree with you on that one.. But i encountered 10th prestige the other day (I play on PS3) and he was doing mighty too good. He would have 5 people coming at him from all directions and all he did just one shoted all of us lol. He ended game with 65-1.. I checked he's stats and he had 10 games played total and he was 10th prestige level 45.. So i did what any of us would i reported him for cheating boosting expoting and even offensive language lol. 

MVME2NIGHT

It's possible playing team defender & kill confirm. one of my friends he on his 4th prestige and only have 30hrs play. I'm just enter my second prestige and I have 50hrs play. My friends isn't boosting because I play with him all the time he just that good he average 30 kill per game.

lfcrich

Prestige without double xp takes around 16 hours in this game so 7th would be around 100 hours. You can assume that some double xp has been used to speed up the process. The game has been out for 13 days so it's about 8 hours a day which is achieveable for someone with no job or educational commitments.

some people got the game before it was released to the masses, either that or they have been stuck on it like its vagina and have not stopped playing since release

some people have crap connections and always recieve the advantage... its easy to level up when you can go 30-5 every game... lol..

not saying that goes for everyone... but i have run into more then a few high ranking players that absolutely suck... they run out in the open and spray away... but they win 90% of the 1 on 1 battles due to the lag compensation...

Everyone always has excuses as to why someone is better than them.  Just accept it.  There are some that are better.

lololol just because they play a lot does not mean there better

Well then it shouldn't bother people that they are a higher prestige.

People think that Fury and Ernest Le who are first on the leaderboard and 10th prestige cheated.  Fury made a youtube video and showed the messages he received.

90% were calling him a booster, hacker, cheater, etc.

Why would someone take time out of their day to send a legitimate player a message just because they are higher ranked than them?

Threads like this prove me right.  The OP think that just because he ranks up slowly that everybody will.

ghorman

You have no idea what I am thinking so please don't try to put words in my mouth.  I'm halfway thru my 3rd prestige right now.  I just found it amazing they were already that high and no I didn't call them cheats or boosters.

Well mister you just dont understand. .IT IS NO POSSIBLE TO HAVE PLAYED TOTAL OF 10 HOURS and be 8th-9th-10th prestige.. 10 hours is 10 hours lol. I my self played only 11 and i just now got to the 1st prestige. And no im not the best player i have my ups and my downs. But i play domination and im always on the top of the score board atleast for my team ALWAYS.. So dont tell me if some one played as many hours as me and is already prestige 8 is just better than me.. ( well they are they are better than me at Hacking and boosting.)

I agree. I have been COD since BO and have a 1.26 KD on TDM. A friend of mine has a 1.02 KD in TDM and this is the first COD he has ever played. I consider him a better player than me because of this fact. After he gets a few more hours of play time he will probably surpass me in KD.

I agree. I have been COD since BO and have a 1.26 KD on TDM. A friend of mine has a 1.02 KD in TDM and this is the first COD he has ever played. I consider him a better player than me because of this fact. After he gets a few more hours of play time he will probably surpass me in KD.

ghorman

I never said they beat me in a match which they didn't.  I was just asking if that rank was a bit high based on the release date.

@TNN64 - are you always an ass or just today?

hes not really being an ass hes just stating his opinions just like you are, i rank up fast but i dont play a lot i rather play gears im sure if i played this game as much as i played gears i would of prestiged a couple more times by now

It is just as ridiculous as you think it is, OP. Don't listen to these other guys. Anybody that has hit that high of a level in only the first week or so of the game being out IS A LOSER!

Unless you have a legitimate excuse to be playing video games constantly, like being handicapped and unable to take yourself out of the house, or recovering from serious injury or illness, or if it is paying 'your bills'. But then again, people with that high of a rank probably dont understand the concept of bills and such.

There is no reason whatsoever for a young person to be spending that much time playing any game.

I don't think that my statement is unfair or untrue. There is a whole world of things that I would rather be doing than playing MW3, and I would even call myself a CoD enthusiast. A person can only play so much though before they HAVE to seek other forms of entertainment.

Now, you may look at my Elite profile and see that I attained 15th prestige in Black Ops and be thinking that I'm a hypocrite, but what you don't know is that it took me up until a month before MW3 came out to get that far. And my time spent in game is only after I'm home from work, the kid is in bed, and I have properly fed myself.

Hell, I might just play for too long today. Being my day off and all, and the baby momma just came and picked up the kid for the rest of the week. Oh, wait. I can't. I have a research paper to write. Well what the hell am I doing on these forums? Later all.

you do realize people got the game before it was released to the masses right?

omg are u kidding?? the fact that "some" people got a few days before release also call them kind of cheater so thats a bad excuse for being prestige 6 or 7.

Its possible to get that far but i think they not got legal by there

aint that the truth... lol... i got laid off and dont really have anything to do.. yet still only average maybe 2-3h a day (think 26h total on mw3)... i have other real life **** to do even without school or a job... its called being an adult..

had a chick i worked with... she had a 14yr old son... she would tell me how she has to yell at him to stop playing black ops to go take a shower.. or eat... the second he gets home at 3, hes on the game until midnight... then plays before he leaves for school in the morning.. every single day

and the sad part is thats not an unusual story.. lol... so many kids make a game their entire life... but if they do well in school, who really cares? its much sadder to see grown ass men devote their life to some video game..

It's easily possible.  I'm already a third prestige level 20, but I have to work 40 hours a week at a typical office job (aka 9-5pm).  I also spent last weekend with my girlfriend.  So if you're single and don't work full time...easily could be there.  To be honest, take away the girlfriend or any face to face social activity and you could probably be there even with a full-time job.

codchamp

It might be uncommon to see high prestiges so soon. But there are people who have not put the game down since it has come out. As for how long it tkaes to prestige. It really depends on how you play. If you are a player who is smart and keeps track of challenges, playing for bonus xp, or specific game modes. Then you can rank up fast. I have friends who are 5th and 6th already

Who cares. I play computer games to relax and have fun, I don't give a rats ass about any of that stuff. You must lead a sad life if all you care about is KD ratio and rank. Some people must have not left their house since the game was released to get where they are. I think you raised a valid point though, it is hard to understand how people are such a high rank so early, and it's not surprising that these people are labelled cheats, that's down to the fact that the cheating started within days and will only get worse. I know I suck and still enjoy the game. Will wait now for someone to come on and criticise this reply without reading it properly, only a matter of time it seems in here.

It has always taken me around 24hrs of play to prestige, And im a **** player! So you do the math!

he probalbly boosted for that level?

Some people are just that committed sad but true, amici.