27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 12:32 PM by finical=psn RSS

How do you live with yourself?

ghamorra

I played against this guy last night who had the worst K/D I've ever seen. Every match of Kill Confirmed he would go something like (0-5)-(30-40). He never left a game, just kept playing match after match as if it didn't even bother him. The games had very little lag so I'm assuming he was just an awful player. The question is; how can you possibly have any fun when you're getting destroyed like that every match and spend a majority of your time dead

• Re: How do you live with yourself?

Some peoples real life worries are far greater then that of any game score!

That is the the truth! Some people play these games because they enjoy them. They don't play to be the best or have to be the best. Having fun is what is important to them. Sure, to you have an awesome k/d is the point, to him he was having fun.. what's the harm? As far as living with themselves, again it's just a video game and has no real bearing on ones life. And if it does have a bearing on your life, I think you need some help!

Maybe because he was just having fun ??, If everyone had that guys attitude then maybe games wouldnt be full of people standing at windows or hiding in corners to improve their stats. They are the real oxygen thieves in this game.

Who was this guy ??, he seems my kind of player. Gaming is supposed to be fun and he sounds like he was having a good time.

To him I say .. well played mate.

ghamorra

there's a fine line between having fun and being a burden. The team shouldn't suffer so that you can enjoy your game

avengedyesterday

No there isn't. This isn't a competition it's a video game. Besides COD is a complete noob game. If it was serious about competition they would have ranked games with all the killstreaks and perks taken out.

ghamorra

I understand that everyone buys this game to have fun. That's the end goal to any video game. However the simple fact that stats exsist in the first place instills the notion that you want those numbers to be as high as possible. I do agree that there should be a game mode where perks and killstreaks should not exsist. that would be a true competitive game mode.
          My argument is however, can you still have fun beung extrodinarily bad

avengedyesterday

You can't ever tell if someone else is lagging unless they tell you they are. Besides that some people aren't stat whores and are playing the game just to play the game.

K/D ratio is over rated. The awful player you were talking about must of known that gaming is about having fun and having a go, not worrying over "precious stats"

he may not be that good, but he will not get any better if he does not pratice, also he may have a young child playing it, as i do evry now and again, till recent my ps3 profile sighen in auto and my son would end up playing on my profile and not his own, didnt bother him whos profile he would play on, now his loads up first so this does'nt happen, but as all the others are saying its just a game and he may like to play like that. each to there own

the OP didnt say was he just running around collecting dog tags? could be it...could be some father letting his son play the game....who knows could of been some quickscoping retard. trying to do the 720 no scope stupid stuff.

in the end i wish more players were like who the OP is talking about(as long as not a quickscopting tard like above) and not like the OP. K/D means nothing, i think my k/d is like .95 does it bother me? no i dont care honestly. I enjoy the company of playing with my friends and such.....

rlbl

I never complain about someone having bad stats: That only means someone else has good stats

I never complain about someone being bad on the other team, as it guaratees me a win

I never complain about having someone bad on my team, because I can just leave the lobby the next game.

Always remember, some people have to be in the bottom 50% to make the top 50% possible (think about it)

As far as having fun, everyone has a different definition of fun (based on their personal tastes). If that weren't true, we would all drive (updated) black ford model Ts.

indcolts18288

This has got to be the dumbest thread I've ever read on I message board. How can you live with yourself, really? COD games are fun as hell and make life a lit less boring but if you're asking how someone can live with themselves because YOU don't think they're very good at a game then you have derailed and need to seek professional help my friend. It's a game buddy, and it certainly doesn't matter who is good or bad at it for it to be fun. Maybe this person just needs to practice. Maybe this person has a JOB. You know, that thing you go to every day 40hrs/week to pay the bills? Ever heard of it? Maybe you should get one, along with a life and quit picking on people that you feel aren't very good at MW3. If A video game is the extent of YOUR talents, I don't know how you live with yourself.

ghamorra

this was a fair question, "can you have fun while having extremely poor stats". Maybe if you were capable of fully understanding something before making a fallacious arguement you wouldn't make yourself look like a retard and make assumptions. In case you're wondering I do have a job and go to school full time maintaining a 4.0 GPA. I play CoD a few hours a night a few nights a week.
      The title is suppose to be attention grabing. I never once suggested the guy go off himself or give up on life, in fact I never addressed anything of the sort again in the thread. Maybe if you weren't such a simpleton you might have understood that

indcolts18288

I fully understood that u were insulting a person b/c u felt they aren't good at this game and even went as far as to ask how this person could live with themselves. Good for you for going to school and working, you're doing your part. I mean that, honestly. But man come on. Let people have fun and dont get caught up in all the stats. Even great players get their ass handed to them. I'm not retardef but your post pissed me off simply b/c you acted like this game is unplayable for people with avg or below skill set. Let the people who suck-suck, as long as they're having fun who cares?

I have gave your post some great thought about what you are saying.

It seems to me that these other players give the benefit of doubt to the person playing maybe for the first time or he just dosn't play that well alot more credit for trying then you do.

If you have someone on your team with bad KDR then ask him to leave I myself have a bad KDR 0.19 stat The reason is 1. This is the fist COD game i have played. 2nd is I'm not as fast as everyone else. But I play and try and learn from how everyone plays.

My Suggestion is maybe if you see someone with bad stats help him out give him some pointers of how to get better. Don't brow beat the poor guy.

IT'S JUST A GAME.

well said ^^

"can you have fun while having extremely poor stats"...

I can and usualy do...(wots a KDR ?..lol),im 50yr old, skely-eyed and slow reactions,

in the real world i have an artificial leg and an arthritic knee...on the maps thats probz how i run around lol, plus carrying a target on my head,a** and chest. I get my butt kicked every game, (oops..theres that word again...GAME)....So yeh i have fun

Well im 51.

I had a 13 your old kid that i met while playing over the weekend he was teaching me how to do better over the weekend. It's funny a young kid helping an old fart but never once did he complain or complain about the deaths that i got while on his team.

I have to give it to this kid for helping. Even though my kdr's suck he still invites me to join his team.

Enough said.

Enjoy MW3

well if u can have fun in cod and do bad i envy you.  i like to get good k/ds because that means low deaths and thats not fun for me.  if he doesnt mind his k/d or dying in general well give yourself a hand.  your playing cod because its a game.

malditor

I don't think people have to care about their k/d to have fun. BUT, people do need to take into consideration how their performance is affecting the team. If you are constantly doing so badly that no matter what your team loses no matter who else is on it, perhaps you could try something different or play a non team based gametype. Just saying, you may still be having fun, but you are causing others to not have fun and that's just selfish.

dubhicks

I can think of one easy solution to the OPs query. Load up your friends list with players you come across while paying that have generally good stats. That way when you hop online, there is a good chance some of them will be on at any given time, and you could team up and dominate to your hearts desire. Just because you may not actully know these people, doesn't mean that you could not start up an online friendship with them to achieve your goals. I can not count the times I have gotten a friend request immidiatly following a great match, seems like a good strategy IMHO. I am not a super star by any means, but my score does matter to me. For this reason, I usually play lone wolf, and save the heehawing with friends that out-right suck to private matches. Hope this helps...

hhtony70

Possibly the most pompous thread ever started.

Totally agree. Guy comes off as a complete ass. What is wrong with just having fun with the game. This game may be the 1st FPS for some people. I know for me I'm not the best, but then again my first time I played multiplayer was Black Ops and I only got it to prepare for MW3 2 months before MW3 came out. Some people don't have the time to play a ton of hours. Between 1 or 2 jobs and a family it doesn't leave that much time for MW3. So they may not have the best games out there but to answer your question. It's easy to live with your self when you have a family, a good job, and play MW3 to have fun.

Not everyone is brilliant at games. If it was that way games would get boring. No need for such a post. I admire people that stay in games when they arn't doing so great.