21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2011 12:37 PM by ixikidaixi RSS

Campers - Youre not helping

SmokeyCheese1

Sure you may be maintaining a high, yet worthless, k/d ratio but when you end the game 6-0, you're not helping the team to win anything. Fact: If I die and end up watching you and I see you camping in the same spot, I will come over and kneel in front of you and jam my balls in your mouth until you move and actually play the objective.

Move around. Get more kills. Help out your Team. Otherwise go play FFA.

• Re: Campers - Youre not helping

i dont think camping is a real problem in this game .the maps make it harder for people to do it.i also think the word camper is thrown around too often.i have probably come against 5 hard core campers since playing and im 3rd prestige.

Ps. i used to hate campers and then i grew up a bit and realised its just a game

Actually, in tdm, 6-0 is doing alot for the team. Its a good insurance policy for if one of your beloved rushers has a bad game and goes 10-16.

And if that guy is only good enough to go 6-0, instead of 10-1 like a good "camper" then hopefully he put up a uav that helped you get 2 or 3 of your kills. Maybe even a counter uav too that helped you cuz im sure you're not wearing assassin...

Everybody plays their part in tdm as long as they go positive, and. Even better if they equip realistic killstreak.

Who made you Lord of the battlefield eh EDIT:badman

Sounds like someone needs to check their corners LOL

...some call it camping, I call it DEFENSE.  While my entire team runs around getting themselves killed and tries to grab Bravo, I sit back and make sure no one touches the command point they all ran away from.

For the record, this is CoD and there are rarely any rooms with just one way in or out.  If a camper is giving you a hard time, ask a teammate to help you flank them, haha it happens to me all the time.  After I kill the poor soul 6 or 7 times, he rallys a few guys and they come from all directions.

atiredoldguy

6/0 is a better spread than a lot of the people on top of the scoreboard at the end of the game.

A guy who goes 30/28 only gave 2 kills to the win ....... the rest were cancelled out by giving them to the other team.

The question is ... who benefitted more from ksrs.

If you went 30/28, that probably includes some ksrs .... meaning you went negative in gunbattles and gave the enmy team some ksrs that cost not only some deaths for yourself, but deaths for teammates as well.

The way I see it, my job is to give my team the most amount of POSITIVE kills possible.( the number of kills you got more than the number of deaths)  On maps that I can do well running, I'll run. On maps that I dont, I may camp or just move very slowly and cautiously. I'm not benefitting my team at all if I go negative.

Its not what tactic you use, but how well you benefit your team by it. But apparently you dont understand teamwork ........... sitting in front of someone intentionally blocking their view is damaging your team.

I guess its not whether or not your team does well that counts to you, but whether or not they play the way you like .......... thats not teamwork and you should be the one to go play ffa.

couldn't agree more!

Ha, I cant tell if you are insulting me or not

Anyway, I support my team. I sit in the back and get kills so I can throw up UAVs.  I have Stingers on almost all my classes to keep the skies clear.  If my team runs in to recapture a command point, I cover them with my ACOG.  Im constantly watching my radar to tell my team where to go and where the hostiles are coming from.  You couldnt ask for a better team player. 

Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose, such is life.  Im just here to have fun, I hope you are too.

Ok i run and gun i get my butt killed everytime even if i shot them first i lose. i do better crouching a walking when i camp i set there 45 sec to a minute then move on. you can camp and still get your butt killed just as easy as running and gunning. i was testing something last night cause of everyone and the camper forums i camped in one game i got 1 kill  and got killed 7 times i was changing camp spots also.  Camping don't always pay off

atiredoldguy

Thats the thing ..... each player needs to do what works best for him .

Not what works best for someone else.

Most players usually do what works best for them or what they like the best.

Trying to force another player to play your way instead of that usually has negative results.

Besides . I think the best teams are made up of players with varying tactics. It keeps the enemy guessing, and at least one camper usually provides a safe spawn point. The most important thing is that the teammates work together and communicate. Any time you have teammates bickering and squabbling amongst themselves is going to have a negative impact on the outcome.

I know personally, any time a player is acting like a self righteous douche ... even if its not toward me, I lose all interest in trying to do well. You want to gripe about teammates ... wait till next match and I'll give you  better reason.

who the hell are you tell somebody else how they should play the game that they have brought an paid for. change tactics or leave the lobby. rushers camp there arse off when they get close to there presious kill streaks.

who the hell are you tell somebody else how they should play the game that they have brought an paid for. change tactics or leave the lobby. rushers camp there arse off when they get close to there presious kill streaks.

creaper21

Any positive K/D helps in TDM. And camping helps even more in objective games, especially in a more defensive mode like after capping 2 flags in domination.

Sounds like you just want everyone to run around like headless chicken for easy kills. Well, some people like to play smart.

Who wouldn't camp in this f'ing lag fest.