23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2011 11:05 PM by Rogue97 RSS

UAVs don't belong in support.

anoreo

They just don't. I don't like running assassin all day, so a well timed kill prevents them from acquiring a UAV. With support, they are guaranteed a UAV, which in turn makes people use assassin. It's ridiculous!

• Re: UAVs don't belong in support.
    scumbaggah

UAV is the epitome of a support KS my friend.

anoreo

It belongs in assault though. What is the purpose of UAV? Put it up, and search and destroy. Besides it's purpose, it's too powerful to be in support.

scumbaggah

Assault already has a UAV. Run SAMs or CUAV or use jammers and EMP nades if UAV is that much of a problem., Assasin isn't the only option.

The only thing that should be taken out of Support is the Stealth Bomber.

anoreo

I'm well aware of using Stingers and SAMs(I love a free fourth perk for destroying one UAV) The problem is, I am often infiltrating behind enemy lines and to deal with a UAV is just a hassle. You can't do anything about them being called in. I just don't like using Assassin all the time when Blast Shield saves me more. I just feel more comfortable dealing the first strike. I find this is causing a massive assassin outbreak. UAVs can be spammed at ones leisure, which causes people to use Assassin. Whereas if you can keep on hurting the enemy, they won't be able to see a UAV. Sure they could rack up something like a Recon Drone, a Juggernaut or an EMP, but I really don't care about that.

Yes I agree remove uav and auav to assault. Let support keep counter uav.

vims1990

I just keep a Stinger handy on a majority of my classes when I'm constantly being spammed by UAV's.

Since taking down Air Support/UAV's count towards point streaks, I can get to my Assault Pointstreaks much faster. Hell, I got to my Predator/Attack Helicopter/Reaper setup by capturing flags & taking down UAV's.

I can see the frustration on being spammed by UAV's but my solution is to keep a Stinger handy or as you said before, use Assassin.

To be honest, I don't see why players use UAV's when you can keep dying to get better support pointstreaks.

I can understand that lots of UAVs flying around is pretty annoying,  but not as much as Stealth Bomber.

That crap needs to get out of support.

combatvetizaf

I agree the UAV shouldn't be in the support package.  The AUAV, yes, but not the regular, four-kill UAV.

Remove support all together. 

Sick of being spammed by stealth bombers and EMP's by a guy who is 18 - 18.

avengedyesterday

Hmm seeing how a uav fits more into support i think it's fine. Uav should be taken out of assault. That would split the uav's being called-in in half.

Oh yeah maybe 1 stealth bomber a game is  being spammed, good thing you can go into a building and survive it. Don't whine about the support package it actually encourages people to go out and fight instead of sitting in a corner because they don't want to die to get their killstreaks.

I mean if you want to spend days ontop of days honing your nerd skills go for it, the guys that play casually spent just as much money on it as you did. They are entitled to enjoy it too. Getting support killstreaks which are sooooo overpowered (not) accomplishes this.

Hi i am the guy who just EMP'd you.

U mad?

wikked75

the only thing that doesn't belong in support is the stealth bomber. the uav should be taken out of the assault class, though.

Message was edited by: wikked75

your a moron the whole point of support is to SUPPORT your team and uav does a good job of that

Hi Assassin Pro here.

I just wanted to remind you that I am the counter to all support killstreaks.

MysticJon

What a UAV accomplishes is the very meaning of Support. If its going to be removed from anywhere, I'd say remove it from Assault, not Support. They could bring back the RC-XD (or something similar) and add it to Assault to replace the UAV.

And the Stealth Bomber is fine in Support. First of all, Support needs SOMETHING to get kills with and Stealth Bomber basically is it. Second, how many do you really see a game? One or two, if even that many?

Is the OP serious??

UAVs "support" your team, if anything, it should be taken out of assault, please stop whining because you are getting annoyed by them, they are perfectly fine in support.

UAVs "support" your team, if anything, they should be removed from Assault.

They're not OP, I always run Hardline (it's the only red perk that's actually useful besides Quickdraw IMO), and I never have problems with enemy UAVs. Hell, I always run Stinger so those UAVs that everyone's complaing about becomes just another dish in my strike chain meal.

As for Assassin, it's one of the most useless perks in the entire game. After running it I've noticed no difference than not running it, except that I can't ADS as fast and that getting higher strikes becomes impossible. They don't even protect you from aircraft.

I can go along with your post. Support killstreaks are so simple to earn, that the worst player can get a hand of one in a matter of time.

On the other hand, counter UAV stomps the UAVs out of the air, also SAMs and EMPs which will severly hurt any radar whoring player who finds himself blind without a radar.

I would not mind for the UAV to be only for Assualt since UAVs are used more offensively than anything else. UAVs spot SAMs, Recon Drones, etc. which as well. Advanaced UAV and Counter can stay exclusive to Support. Support can then be more of the package that counters Assualt and vice versa.

Hmm, like it was said above support killstreaks are simple to earn and for a beginning player such as myself I really like that I can feel a bit useful calling in a UAV.

It does help the team with spotting though, so in my opinion it should stay in support.

first of all if you have assassin pro so you are protected from almost every single support killstreak and secondly it is called SUPPORT UAV in that of which a UAV SUPPORTS your team so stop complaining and deal with it

Which means you're vulnerable to grenades and you have a disadvantage in every firefight.

Didn't bother me in other titles.. but in this one, the people don't even earn or deserve UAVs.

i understand wat you mean but then again no one earns anything thats in the support...

like when someone uses an emp i get pissed off but its just part of the game so theres no point in getting mad cuz something unfair is always gonna happen