25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2011 6:52 PM by cwatz RSS

MW3 is so bad that....

cwatz

I had 20 times more fun re-buying and playing WaW last night as I have MW3 to date.

-You have the occasional hacker flying around destroying everyone.  Still more fun.

-Its hard to find a game because there are 700 people in the world online, even less in tdm (especially when dlc maps pop up). 

-This means you are also pretty much guaranteed a 2-3 bar connection.  I haven't had 4 bars yet and every single game has had less lag than mw3.

Thankfully the gameplay is still amazing.  After being stuck with mw3, it makes dealing with these horrible sounding things not bad at all.

I also re-bought black ops too.  I have no idea why people bash this game.  Its easily the most playable and enjoyable in the series at the moment.  Its not even remotely close.

• Re: MW3 is so bad that....
    sweatyclam

It takes MW3 to realise how good some of the others were....

xN3LSON

WaW Is close to the best CoD made. Just behind CoD4, MW3 is terrible compared to them.

I agree with the last part. Black ops was the most enjoyable and playable and even the easiest to play in my opinion. The way i see it is if you didnt like black ops, you most likely just sucked at it lol

cwatz

I think thats a big part of it.  BO has the most "skill required" shooting in the series.  This meant a larger gap between good and bad players.

Thus anyone who was bad was more likely to get eaten alive.

Compare that to mw3 where everything is a hipfire sprayfest at CQ and practically a diceroll or an "internet speed checker".  The entire game was designed around people who are bad (close quarters fights, instagib guns, no skill shooting and revenge spawning)

I always knew WaW and BO were the best, but to actually go back and play them after putting 2 days in mw3 was unreal.  I cant even describe the feeling of how happy I was.  It was like spending time unable to use your legs, then the feeling of getting up and walking again.

sweatyclam

Quite right, a lot of effort went into Blk Op's and they even added some recoil to the guns, if it weren't for the connectivity it would have been the best COD hands down!

cwatz

Ive heard people complain about BO's connection but I never had any issues.  My ping in that game has always been as good or better than any cod.

sweatyclam

I suffer enough, not as bad as some, but I still went to great lengths to allieviate it and still got to 15th, I have no such issues with this game, but I don't think I'll even get to prestige because MW3 is boring, the map design means there is only really one way to play this game.

xN3LSON

I agree with most things you've said. However, most skill required? I killed that game without trying

CoD4 was the most skill required for me.

suprememstr

i have been playing WaW recently also just so i can prestige on there im only level 28 lol.I do think it plays alot smoother but we really need to give MW3 a chance its been out 3 weeks and it should get better.TBH i think its because everybody had really high expectations befor MW3 came out thats why people are being dissapointed at even the slightest fault,i do admit though the lag and spawn problems are kinda bad but im learning to cope with them now.

Well, you do realise that Black Ops also lagged for people just as much as MW3 right? The only difference is, in BLOPS you could actually get a few rooms where the lag wasn't that bad. On MW3 however, you pretty much just lag all the time.

The only saving grace for Black Ops was that it took skill to play,....and that G11 was beast.

Yes I 100% agree with you on this one although I like mw3 I'm sick of the aimbots, wallhacks, modded colored names, etc. also the 2-3 bar connection at all times. I personally think they should have put zombies in instead of survival mode. They would have gotten more buyers if they did that.

My friend and I played MW3 and after a few games we played CoD 4.

I had so much more fun in one game of that than a few games in MW3.

avengedyesterday

I've never stopped playing blackops, sure it has it's connection problems now and then but i like pretty much every thing on it. Killstreaks/gunplay/maps. I'm enjoying mw3 but i only play it when i have a full party i never ever play solo in mw3 it's just a joke.

Feels like i am a bigger factor in winning games playing solo in blackops than in mw3.

lol black ops is just as easy as mw3, and mw3 is fun its just another cod game what did you people expect

Black Ops had one of the least effort put into it. Sure, MW3 is a big disappointment and is very unbalanced for the most part but there is no way WaW and Black Ops are the best CoDs. They just had Zombies and a decent storyline. To me, WaW seems like it killed CoD because as soon as they released it; they stopped making great CoD games.

WaW and Black Ops had horrible maps compared to CoD 4. The only complaint I have with CoD 4 to this day is I wish they would have nerfed the M16. Seeing 10th Prestiges using the cheapest gun in the game was unfortunate. =(

(Or seeing anyone but a new player using it was unfortunate.)

mrepictoast

From best to worst:

CoD4

Black Ops

Modern Warfare 3 = MP40s at War

Every other shooter ever made

Modern Warfare 2

gallp13

Maybe my standards are too low but I enjoy all the games in the series. Sure, they should come out of the box working as good as possible. But all have had their frustrating early performance issues which, after a while, the devs tweak them up, the users settle in and the problems seem to even out for most people.

Mw3 is in the early stages currently, I wish it wasn't but it is. It drives me wide some times but I try to give constructive criticism that helps problems get solved as fast as possible and help collegiate users along the way. I also have the odd naughty flame at times for a little fun....but don't we all....at least once ;)

I started with BO about 6 months after its release. Most issues from my experience had settled to the extent that I loved the game. Oh I do miss my Gallil. I started playing mw2 and cod4 in prep for mw3. Apart from 1 speed hacked lobby in cod4 and tube and air spam in mw2, both annoying but manageable, I enjoyed these games. Just bought a copy of WaW to prestige and get a token. I liked it so much just dropped 2000 mp to get all the dlc.

My point, I like them all. I think the reason why is that apart from mw3, I started these games after the out of the box problems had been ironed out the a level that most found acceptable.

I doubt it is possible to make global fps games satisfy every single need of every single player to exactly the extent each individual player requires and still make a commercial return...these games aren't open source!

It seems to me that while the majority of players will have the majority of their needs satisfied, few will have absolutely every requirement met.

Now I live in Australasia with a small multi mw3 client base. I expect the the needs of the largest market, north america, will be met before Australasia, Europe, South America, Middle east, Africa or the Pacific. Again I wish my problems were solved first and the way I want but reality is that this will not be the case. I understand this and bought mw3 and indeed all games in the full knowledge of this commercial dynamic. Reality for me is the games I like are made in the USA and are optimized for large US customer bases. c'est la vie!

What I take from this is that cod games start a bit wobbly, the community gives feedback, the devs rectify finding the balance points for most players. The early action from IWSH on patches shows me they have started the Optimisation process so we are on track for another great cod experience.

This gamer likes em all, mw3 will be another success it will take a little time to get there but this gamer is confident the wait will be worth it.

cwatz

A valid post, the games do tend to improve over time.

A problem here is that I dont see that much room for improvement.  The lag could possibly get fixed if were lucky, as might the spawn system.  It will help, but its not gonna make mw3 any better than WaW, Cod 4 or BO.

The dlc maps could also be ok, its possible, but the normal ones will still be floating around in the playlists.

Lastly the shooting mechanics and general gameplay is the worst in the series (at least mw2 had good gunplay, to bad it didn't get to capitalize on it because of all the other BS).  This isn't something thats magically going to improve.

Can you still get some fun out of mw3?  Sure.  But quite frankly im going to be logging my hours into cod4, waw and BO.