21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 8:33 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

We need bots for offline multiplayer! :D

After bot support for local play was included in Black Ops (albiet after a patch) I thought MW3 would include this innovation for the series. This was the only mode my friends and I ever played in Black Ops (and occaisonally some zombies), and I had enjoyed countless hours of bonding time with my Dad in this offline multiplayer. But a support staff person informed me that there were "no plans" of returning this feature, while me and many of my peers now own a game which may be permanently missing its most delicious third (we have much too laggy internet for Live).

Survival is of limited use to me and my dad, as he prefers to calmly snipe and doesn't like the AI that hunts him down singlemindedly. Meanwhile, my friends and I included, miss the joy of customizing one's character with weapons, perks, and equipent, and all of the other facets of CoD multiplayer which we finally had a chance to revel in with Black Ops.

And I must add that I personally might be able to play Live, as I have been playing Homefront for free through a fun gaming service. But I (unlike my chaps) no longer enjoy killing other human players. I had been feeling conflicted whenever I started owning people, and I began to stop doing anything that felt remotley "unfair," even camping for goodness sake. I would like to play MW3 multiplayer, and I would like to play against enemies who I do not feel guilt for owning!

Where can we go to make our voice heard!

• Re: We need bots for offline multiplayer! :D

There are about 6 people in the world who only play Combat training..

Joubert wrote:

After bot support for local play was included in Black Ops (albiet after a patch) I thought MW3 would include this innovation for the series. This was the only mode my friends and I ever played in Black Ops (and occaisonally some zombies), and I had enjoyed countless hours of bonding time with my Dad in this offline multiplayer. But a support staff person informed me that there were "no plans" of returning this feature, while me and many of my peers now own a game which may be permanently missing its most delicious third (we have much too laggy internet for Live).

Survival is of limited use to me and my dad, as he prefers to calmly snipe and doesn't like the AI that hunts him down singlemindedly. Meanwhile, my friends and I included, miss the joy of customizing one's character with weapons, perks, and equipent, and all of the other facets of CoD multiplayer which we finally had a chance to revel in with Black Ops.

And I must add that I personally might be able to play Live, as I have been playing Homefront for free through a fun gaming service. But I (unlike my chaps) no longer enjoy killing other human players. I had been feeling conflicted whenever I started owning people, and I began to stop doing anything that felt remotley "unfair," even camping for goodness sake. I would like to play MW3 multiplayer, and I would like to play against enemies who I do not feel guilt for owning!

Where can we go to make our voice heard!

You have it already, it's called Survival mode, it's even on multiplayer maps...

Enjoy!

craig1985

Why don't you just play it on Bops, sure you and your Dad can still bond on that but if not play spec-ops.

So if anyone knows of a better resource for making requests I'd love to hear it, otherwise I guess we'll just use this petition. :-/

In a perfect world Treyarch and infinity ward would share all their code and tehnology. We do not live in that world. So don't blame one when it could be the other not sharing. Also they did a quick flip on this game with a completely new team. If Activision wasn't such a greedy company they could have put another year on it and really made something nice.

bigdaddyhammer

I agree, OP... I miss Combat Training so much. It might sound gay to a lot of you, but my friends as I would play solo, seeing how many kills we could get with 2 bots on our team and 9 on the other on Nuketown.

Also, as I wouldn't let my 10 year old daughter play on XBL, Combat Training was the only way her and I could play Black Ops. I think I had over 10 days in CT itself.

I would really like to see it here, but I know it will never happen. Let's just hope the next TA title includes it.

I don't see how this would be so different from the situation with Black Ops. I'm not saying we have to have bot support in the form of a combat training mode, but we already have offline multiplayer between four people at a time, why not add bots to AN EXISTING game mode? Black Ops had bots patched into local play after its release, I only want the same thing. I understand setting waypoints in maps and coding bot behavior with killstreaks takes time, but I've seen enough people do this kind of work for free in mods and other projects that it seems strange that a huge company of paid professionals would be "daunted" to do what was just done in this game's predecessor.

Most def, ADD BOTS!! I started a topic on adding/having a "Bot DLC" for all multiplayer game modes.. I would be more than happy to pay for this in the game. I really dont understand it.... Im sure they would make a TON of money on this, as about 60 %to 75% of MW3 players would buy this, there consumers would be happy they got there bots, and the haters, who say "Just play online, screw bots" would still be hating. Dont have the bots in online matches, just solo/private matches. And BTW, the only reason these people who hate bots is, so they can get you online, talk smack, camp and kill you, and talk on how "733t they are". Please, give me bots any day of the week over these certified douche bags.

Some of you anti- bot people may not want to hear this, but there will come a day when Xbox live won't support MW3 any more because there won't be 360 support on xbox live.Look for that to happen as early as 2015.. just 3 years from now as 2015 was the date Microsoft expected to be the end of the 360's lifespan. When that happens you won't be able to play online at all. Adding bots would allow players who want to do it to have system link games locally. 

Of course, you'd probably have to pay for them. Maybe make an optional DLC for each game. It wouldn't be hard to do. In fact most of the code probably already exists. They should add an AI controlled p[layer option for Spec Ops as well.  Charge, say $10 for it.  I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. I would.  I'd buy that for all 3 Modern Warfares and World at War as well.

Optional bots would also be an added appeal to people like me who are fed up with losing matches to hackers. modders, people who use 'special controllers' and any othe kind of cheat they can come up with because they just can't bring themselves to play fair. I suspect there are more people playing private offline matches than online because of that.

And by the way, you 'purists' wouldn't HAVE to buy a bots DLC if you didn't wan't to. No skin off my back. No skin off yours if I do. You won't be seeing me in online multiplayer very often anyway.

davemread

totally onboard with you here.  I WANTED mw3 to have offline multiplayer and while survival is nice, it gets hard and i can't even get past round 30 usually.

Please let us play multiplayer offline.  I would pay to play offline because that is what is important to me.

There are games that have fully implemented  bots with all multiplayer modes. Some even for online and ofline play both. Works just fime for them. Gears of War 3 for example. I see no reason it couldnt work just as well if not better in Call of Duty.

starbuckfrack

Vyorgo wrote:

There are games that have fully implemented  bots with all multiplayer modes. Some even for online and ofline play both. Works just fime for them. Gears of War 3 for example. I see no reason it couldnt work just as well if not better in Call of Duty.

So you not only resurrected this OLD topic ONCE. You also had to do it a second time when it was even old the first ressurection ?

As for you expecting no more online play on the Xbox when the new one comes out...

You may want to think about it again. They will by that time jump to the NEW Xbox but they will not end online play for the 360. Not right off the bat. They will slowly get players toward the next xbox and do online with BOTH Xboxes.

Its very likely they will allow new Xbox players to also play regular 360 games online across platforms. Like some sort of built in 360 emulator in the new console. Or just the basic codes still can kick in. You will notice they STILL run a "regular xbox emulator" on some games like GTA San Andreas.

Lets say your theory is correct that it would end in 2015 with the release of the new Xbox. Lets just say December 2015.

NO ONE in 2015 up until the release datewill buy an "old" Xbox console. They will save for the new one.

NO ONE will renew their subscription (or they will buy 3 month cards) so they can be ready for the next Xbox online.

No company will be able to release anything in 2015 for the old Xbox when the deadline for the online multiplayer has a timed ending date. Definitley no one will by an online game in the Summer or Fall of that year as well.

So you would have about a year or more of total dead time where the video game industry will completely collapse.

And then add MORE time where people still will not be able to get the "new Xbox" until middle of 2016 based on that date. Or even add in the players who dont WANT a new Xbox. You lose all the revenue from the XBL subscription fees from those players if you just kill it outright.

They will slowly phase it out worst case scenario but online play will still be there for the 360.

Just like they STILL have game openings for players to play the old COD games on the xbox.

Your point does sound good if it were a PC game needing servers but Xbox Live still will live.

--------------------------------

Now as for BOT play. They should have still done it like TreyArch has to keep each old map alive and hopefully generate the need for people wanting those old maps back.

Why generate hatred for example because you cant play your old WaW game anymore.

Say for example keeping tabs on which Combat Training maps players keep playing.