16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 5:52 PM by davidlsofferman RSS

CM901 Glitch?

I'm sure that everyone probably knows this glitch by now. If you have the CM901 with grenade launcher, shotgun or I believe silencer, the fire rate increases by a lot. This needs to be changed. The CM901 isn't the greatest weapon but with the high fire rate at close range it's overpowered.

• Re: CM901 Glitch?
    irish-sid

It doesn't increase that much, far from being overpowered. I agree it's a glitch in the game, but not a game breaker.

I agree, patch it ASAP... Having to attach a useless m302 or shotgun just to get its REAL fire rate is a joke!!! Your at such a disadvantage compared to the laser gun ACR, Scar or any other full auto AR? The CM901 has the most kick out off all the AR's even with the proficiency to tame it, its the only AR you have to tap fire with.

This post was brought to you by a Type 95 Basher. Lol

falconxvx

If you visit CoD elite you will notice that the firerate without those attachments is the real firerate. Attaching the tube or the shotgun increases it slightly. But by no means makes it overpowered. The CM901 has quite a recoil when shooting fully auto so the firerate becomes almost null as you can just hold the trigger.

A bug that should be fixed but very low on the list. And if were on  the topic of fixing guns.. 1 burst deaths from Type95 is BS. This is much more of a problem then a slight fire rate increase on a subpar gun

falconxvx wrote:

If you visit CoD elite you will notice that the firerate without those attachments is the real firerate. Attaching the tube or the shotgun increases it slightly. But by no means makes it overpowered. The CM901 has quite a recoil when shooting fully auto so the firerate becomes almost null as you can just hold the trigger.

A bug that should be fixed but very low on the list. And if were on  the topic of fixing guns.. 1 burst deaths from Type95 is BS. This is much more of a problem then a slight fire rate increase on a subpar gun

Did you not get my sarcasim? i'll explain again.. the CM901 is the worst AR in the game, it only made usable because off this glitch...

Here's a thought... what if its real rate off fire is with the M302 or shottie attached but the glitch is having it fire slow until these are equiped... isnt that possible? Is there a hidden ROF meter in the game that i dont know about that seemingly dlundebjerg28 does? how do you know it fires at 725rpm lol

Also get over the Type 95... 3 round burst = kill if hit. end off, 3 round burst has always been this way in cod. even the M16 kills in 1 burst FFS. Did you not play MW2... Famas.& M16... cod 4.... black ops, m16, g11 (if hit detection worked)..

dlundebjerg28

The fire rate increases from 666 RPM to 725 RPM with an underbarrel attachment, which isn't a huge increase.

Honestly I don't see this as a problem at all. The CM901 has some of the worst recoil for an AR, and unlike the AK47 the recoil is barely tamed with Kick. This is similar to the M4A03 being stronger with an ACOG in CoD4 and the AK47 with no attachments having no idle sway in MW2. It isn't a huge deal and if it gets fixed, it shouldn't be a top priority.

Funny the CM901 is my best weapon and I never put any attachments on it.

I like the ACR its smooth and the Scar is almost as good as in MW2 and I thought forsure I was better off using either of thoes 2 over the CM901 but then I looked at my KD and the CM for me has a MUCH bigger K/D over the other 2 guns. LIKE a huge difference I was and am shocked. But maybe its because im a medium range shooter and the gun does alot of damage. Short range this gun isnt good. But middle range its perfect and even on long range its not too bad even with the recoil

If anyone ever played MW/ MW2 then they should know this has been done before.

davidlsofferman wrote:

If anyone ever played MW/ MW2 then they should know this has been done before.

Personally I don't think all those were intentional. I think that they are coding remnants from early programming days before weapons were balanced out.

Weapons have to be coded for a certain damage with every possible attachment. That's why after the Model 1887's were nerfed in MW2, they continued to be the same strength when using both akimbo and fmg.

IW has always had problems with weapons strength and attachment effects. The M16 and MG4 with a red dot didn't shoot straight. The holographic sight gave the M16 extra power. The ACOG in Cod4 game the snipers extra damage.

IW has never been good about getting the small details right. They need to get on their **** and get going on fixing their game.

rankismet

KoVu wrote:

The CM901 isn't the greatest weapon but with the high fire rate at close range it's overpowered.

So shoot the other guy first?

Must everything that kills someone be "overpowered"... jeebus.

r_flinchy

I thought this would turn into a Type 95 bashing thread. There are no guns which are obviously overpowered. People are moaning about 1 burst kills from the T95 but remember that lag compensentation appears to be the biggest influence; plus, the gun over mid-distance requires far more bursts (at least 4-5 unless you get a headshot) so it's hardly an all rounder.

Miss the first shot (burst) with the Type 95 and you'll be dead anyway which helps balance it out. Very similar arguements could probably be found for nearly all weapons.

dlundebjerg28

Bro I think you're Type 95 is broken. If its taking you 4-5 bursts at any range to get a kill then you have piss poor accuracy or something is wrong with your game. It takes me 1-2 bursts for medium/short range gun fights and 3 at long range.

I do understand what y'all are saying. I mean it's not the greatest weapon, but if you know how to use it, it's deadly. And also, the type 95 reminds me of the M16 in mw2. Basically, a 1 burst kill. Now adding that Rapid Fire Attachment does make it even more unstoppable. Seems a little unfair, but there's ways to beat every gun!

KoVu wrote:

And also, the type 95 reminds me of the M16 in mw2. Basically, a 1 burst kill. Try a 2 shot kill.

Now adding that Rapid Fire Attachment does make it even more unstoppable. Seems a little unfair, but there's ways to beat every gun! That doesn't make it balanced.

type 95 is a little overpowered imo. but i mean, you're right. it is like the famas in mw2. however, it is nothing like the m16 from blops... that thing SUCKED. rarely a one burst kill even at point blank.