18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 5:57 PM by Snipingdbag RSS

Fave Perk?

scumbaggah

Mine is definitely Stalker Pro. This thing is a beast especially with an SMG, I love how  fast you can duck and weave while shooting not to mention the fact you can run over bettys/claymores/imgs like they aren't even there. This is the one perk I have to have on all my classes, Adsing feels so sluggish without it.

Best Perk in the game imo.

• Re: Fave Perk?
    melrose

Yep best perk I have it on all my classes. Only other perk I cant go without is assassin I feel so naked and voulnerable without it lol.......

scumbaggah wrote:

Mine is definitely Stalker Pro. This thing is a beast especially with an SMG, I love how  fast you can duck and weave while shooting not to mention the fact you can run over bettys/claymores/imgs like they aren't even there. This is the one perk I have to have on all my classes, Adsing feels so sluggish without it.

Best Perk in the game imo.

Stalker is a bit overpowered in my opinion. I think that the lateral movement when aimed down sights should be slowed down a tad and that the explosives dodging needs to be nerfed.

r_flinchy

sml7285 wrote:

Stalker is a bit overpowered in my opinion. I think that the lateral movement when aimed down sights should be slowed down a tad and that the explosives dodging needs to be nerfed.

Of course, just like on Black Ops you could drive a RC-XD into the face of somone prone with flank jacket and yet they survive! The whole point of a perk is to give an advantage so no I doubt explosive dodging will be nerfed.

r_flinchy wrote:

sml7285 wrote:

Of course, just like on Black Ops you could drive a RC-XD into the face of somone prone with flank jacket and yet they survive! The whole point of a perk is to give an advantage so no I doubt explosive dodging will be nerfed.

There's a fine line between what is an edge and what is an overwhelming advantage.

Here's my take on the explosives delay issue: I think that the delay should be just enought that if the stalker user walks straight toward a claymore or bouncing betty, that it would kill them, but that walking over the tripwire at an angle or glancing along the betty perimeter leaves the user safe.

At the moment, someone using Stalker Pro can literally stand on top of a bouncing betty and dance around for a while and not get killed.

scumbaggah

I think the lateral movement is fine as is but I do think the ability to run over the top of IMS is a bit much, maybe limit it to just claymores?. Use Blind Eye Pro/ Assasin Pro/ Stalker Pro and you are pretty much immune to most of the killstreaks in MW3.

dlundebjerg28

Best Perk in the game is Hardline Pro IMO. The 2 assists counting as one kill is amazing. Just toss a couple stuns on a flag or in high traffic areas and its an easy 2 assists. Between that and shooting down air support, it makes point streaks so much easier to get

WiseguyFTL

My favourite is SitRep pro. You can hear enemies even without a headset (I would use dead silence but my headset is broken at this moment, because of sitrep I can still soundwhore =D ) and I never get killed by claymores / bettys / sentry guns / IMS anymore. That saved me a lot of point streaks. I like quickdraw pro as well, grenades are way too slow without quickdraw, If I have quickdraw on a class I use grenades, if I don't have quickdraw on a class but have hardline or something like that I just throw a grenade out of spawn and then never use my secondary grenades, using my special grenades without quickdraw gets me killed a lot.

blindeye

I definitely hear that about throwing grenades without quickdraw! Its just so... painstaking lol. My must have perk is assassin. I absolutely HATE getting shot in the back. With assassin I am free to sneak around the entire map, even the middle. Add only suppressed weapons and im a happy camper (pun intended)

Also the pro version of SOH is beast! That's been needing to happen for a while. The standard stalker is also an incredible addition ; the pro I believe is way OP, but not hating because I use it sometimes too! :)

One thing I am very disappointed about is the pro of steady aim. In blops it was BEAST. U could pull up sights dead in the middle of a sprint. In this one, even in combination with quickdraw its not nearly as fast. After one prestige using it, I've given it up for stalker or dead silence.

While marksman and blast shields pro I am unaware what they are, those perks seem to be VERY situational so I have avoided them so far.

Assasin, and dont call me a noob because the other perk second tier perks just dont cut it for me

For my way of playing, run and gun, I like Stalker Pro. Not only do I move faster while checking those corners but I also can trip betties and claymores and run away quickly. For me Sitrep is a waste of a third tier.

From a FFA point of view:

Blind Eye Pro -> Instantly destroy air support before it even gets a single kill, take out sentries easily

Assassin Pro -> Invisible on radar = vital

Sitrep Pro -> Reveal explosives & louder footsteps = win

blind eye pro-

i can run around when there's enemy airsupport without getting killed when i spawn. i have seen way to many people get killed rigth after they spawn to play without it.

assasin pro-

invis on radar and i hate those support emp's. almost every round there's an emp.

steady aim pro-

on close range i get my weapon up faster an can spray them down before they even fire one bullet.

I might sound like a noob saying this perk, but I am a GOD with Marksman Pro. I just seem to dominate everytime I use that perk. Seeing the Red (for some reason in my case, orange) names across the map just makes it so much easier!

Snipingdbag

Assassin Pro by FAR. I love playing dead and then just killing a group who walk past me. Killing people who constantly look at their mini map is a lot of fun too.