28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2012 11:33 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Are you Kidding me Infinity Ward?

chyma14

Ok, first of all let me say that you all made a pretty decent game but there are some issues that makes it pretty clear that you didnt take anything good out of Black Ops and implement it in MW3 except theatre mode and leaderboards and splitscreen. I mean Treyarch patched Second Chance that if you kill someone with a SHOTGUN, it cancels second chance.  Why would you even not think about putting that in MW3?! Another thing is Dead Man's Hand. I mean its bad enough that Final Stand is in the game, but you also include a strapped c4 on the chest.  I get a jump on a guy just to surprise me and blow me up after i essentially killed him. I hope someone on these forums agree with me or maybe i am just crazy. lol

• Re: Are you Kidding me Infinity Ward?

Although you are correct, these things are infuriating and stupid, they are trivial in comparison to the bigger problems, take spawns for example, or flying plates popping up from nowhere and blowing me up, or the Type 95 Sniper/AR/SMG/Shotgun/LMG/BigFuckingOneShotCannonFromAnyDistanceAndMakingMe
    WantToFacePalmForSeveralHours.

If you trip a Bouncing Betty, going prone will allow you to survive the blast.

And yeah, Deathstreaks are annoying. They're not going to remove a feature they took the time to implement into the game, though.

I've heard that several times, so naturally, you can understand my confusion when I do exactly that and still somehow end up decapitated on the floor getting repeatedly teabagged.

Yeah I started seeing that lately.

So now we have Stalker Pro and going prone to stop really awesome equipment from killing people.

Might as well have a chainmail armor perk for protecting against knives. . .

I sense sarcasm here, although I have no idea why.

It's a ridiculous piece of equipment, it promotes camping, which IW made very clear they ''Wanted'' to take the emphasis off of in MUMP3, now they failed, and they either lied or are very stupid, both likely, but the point is still there.

Furthermore, you have buffed up Claymores, and I.M.S now, a self-replacing, heat seeking Claymore on steroids without a range limit.

Is that not enough? Are you not getting enough free, unfair kills? Poor you, tell you what, I'll just walk on by slowly and let you stick me with a tiny, annoying beeping ball of C4 from now on.

And a perk that protects you from the knife isn't a half bad idea, seeing as they have brought back MUMP2's lunge, yay, and we were originally promised a two hit knife anyway by the Stealth Clown himself.

Whatever's best for YOU right? Get out.

When did he ever say they was changing the knife system? They said they was working on an idea for a knife system but he also stated it could not get done on time and it will be shown in the next CoD tittle.

He repeatedly stated on Twitter the ''Idea'' was a two hit knife when slashing someone in front of you, prior to MUMP3's release. ''Working on an idea.'' and ''Couldn't get it done in time, implimenting into next COD.'' is the same as ''We had decided on it, but couldn't ultimately get it in.'' or ''We were going to, but we can't now.''

That Type 95 is like the equivalent to a Gears Host Shotgun.

I don't even rocognize that as a kill anymore, I'm always saying to myself "Well he had a type 95, you could play with your feet and get a kill with that gun"

That and those fold up sub machine guns. Those things are sniper shotguns. Even if you miss, you'll get the kill. Just pull that trigger.

zoneeee wrote:

Although you are correct, these things are infuriating and stupid, they are trivial in comparison to the bigger problems, take spawns for example, or flying plates popping up from nowhere and blowing me up, or the Type 95 Sniper/AR/SMG/Shotgun/LMG/BigFuckingOneShotCannonFromAnyDistanceAndMakingMe
      WantToFacePalmForSeveralHours.

Do you make up everything you believe in your head?  The Type 95 is a 5 shot kill at range (minimum 2 bursts), not a one shot.  Get your facts straight before you whine.

deucedouglas

Haha I don't know why but every time I get killed by Dead Man's Hand I laugh. And whenever I get killed by Final Stand I rage. I do wish that there was kind of a way around Dead Man's Hand though. The other day I was on a 20 killstreak and dropped a guy and then knifed him and immediately exploded, funny but also very aggravating.

BrokenBladez

I downed a guy with dead mans hand across the bridge from me on the incline on mission.  Somehow, he sniped me with his C4.  I nearly threw my xbox out of the window.  Deathstreaks are terrible, even when I'm the recipient of them they make me rage because they're like, "Heyyyyy, just a reminder, you've died 4 times in a row!" THANKS FOR RUBBIN' THAT **** IN.

deucedouglas

Haha yeah I hear you. I wish there was an option to not run a deathstreak. I would never run them. Whenever I'm early in a prestige and I keep getting Juiced it's so annoying, I don't know how making someone who's died so many times in a row run like Sonic The Hedgehog is going to help them, if anything it's more distracting and just continues to get me killed lol.

yer, dead mans hand is anoying, but its a 6 or 8 death streak perk i beleive... thats alot of dieing.

all i have to say is that for as much hype as this game got and the money it made in the first 5 days, it wasn't worth it.  If i knew this game was what i was getting i would not have paid to preorder it nor would i have payed for the "founder" version.  I now payed $100  for a game that is even woth $5. This game sucks, Infinity Ward sucks in my opinion and I would rather play black ops online then this piece of ****.  The only reason i play it is because of how much money i wasted on buying it.  I have no idea why I thought Infinity Ward would come out with even a half decent game but I did and now I'm paying for it.  Well, know this fact Infinity Ward, I will never buy another game created buy your staff because you had 2 years to fix your MW2 bullshit and a year to take care of complaints about Black Ops and it seems as though you have done NOTHING!!!  Screw me once, shame on you, Screw me twice, shame on me and that is a shame that you will never get an opportunity to do again....F Infinity Ward, if it ain't Treyarch, I'm not buying it!!!

all i have to say is that for as much hype as this game got and the money it made in the first 5 days, it wasn't worth it.  If i knew this game was what i was getting i would not have paid to preorder it nor would i have payed for the "founder" version.  I now payed $100  for a game that is even woth $5. This game sucks, Infinity Ward sucks in my opinion and I would rather play black ops online then this piece of ****.  The only reason i play it is because of how much money i wasted on buying it.  I have no idea why I thought Infinity Ward would come out with even a half decent game but I did and now I'm paying for it.  Well, know this fact Infinity Ward, I will never buy another game created buy your staff because you had 2 years to fix your MW2 bullshit and a year to take care of complaints about Black Ops and it seems as though you have done NOTHING!!!  Screw me once, shame on you, Screw me twice, shame on me and that is a shame that you will never get an opportunity to do again....F Infinity Ward, if it ain't Treyarch, I'm not buying it!!!

BrokenBladez

FOR REALS BRAH.  I bought MW2 on hype, and it was terrible.  I give COD another try and Black Ops takes me for 460 hours of game time.  I'm so high on COD I buy MW3 because they couldn't possibly be that bad after MW2... right?  Well, **** me right in the *******, Maps are terrible, spawns are terrible, guns insta-kill you.  The only thing this games has going for it is better hit detection, something Black Ops struggled with.  It couldn't even get the biggest complaint with BO fixed in lag compensation.  Never again Infinity Ward.  Never again.

BrokenBladez wrote:

right?  Well, **** me right in the *******, Maps are terrible, spawns are terrible, guns insta-kill you. 

Was Black Ops your firs CoD because if you knew all the CoDs have high damage other than Black Ops and you all as well quit CoD now if you think thats a problem.  hardly ever be insta killed unless I was holding still sitting in a spot which is the same even on Black Ops. Bullets travel so fast if you sit still your going to instantly die but unless they are shooting you in the leg and you are moving then you could easily live.

BrokenBladez

Well.  No, I played MW2 first.  Black Ops took more bullets to kill because the guns actually had recoil.  With the weapons in this game, it's far too easy to put 5 shot perfectly on target without issue killing you without a chance to respond.  I come from Gears of War originally (first game) so I prefer a little skill to my shooters, not laser guns that instakill me and my opponents.

nuttin2say

Wow. The OP is bright one there.

You do realize that Second Chance, as it has been in the previous four COD titles is not the same as a death streak in MW3?

Frankly, if someone using the SC deathstreak kills you in MW3 ... you deserve to be killed.

It's a DEATHSTREAK - that means the player using it? He/She has been getting his/her azz kicked pretty bad.

You know, I have to be honest, if Activision made the right choice and didn't fire the 2 most creative people of Infinity Ward that made MW2 GOTY in 2009, then maybe MW3 wouldn't be such a letdown. I'm not saying that the people at IW now aren't creative, I'm just saying that those 2 guys could have fixed up everything they screwed up in MW2 to make MW3 legendary, I guess.

Deathstreaks are horrible. Keeping them was just stupid. They make at least some sence for TDM. But in demolition? the enemy team plants the bomb and I am prevented from defusing because someone has died a lot? That doesn't make any sense, dying repeatedly is a part of certain game modes, this is not "giving you a boost when things aren't going your way"

It's the opposite.

They should have only had passive deathstreaks like copycat from MW2.

nuttin2say

Passive?

Passive = fire and forget.

MW2 had active and passive rewards. Chopper Gunner was active, predator was active, AC130 - those are all active ... the player has to be actively using them for them to work.

passive is like UAV, Attack Helo, Pavelow, etc.

There's semi-active, too. All your airstrikes are semi-active. You're active only in that you set the target location. After that you're passive because the airstrike does the rest.

The only MW1 and WaW each had active and passive, though MW1 was probably the closest to a fully passive kill streak reward system - you got to set the target for the airstrikes but that's only semi-active.

trialstardragon

Ok, for one thing IW does not ever have to use anything that 3arc does in its game. Nor do they have to make changes in their game to make it like 3arc's game just to make you happy. So do not expect them to do so. Now your problem is solved and you are welcome.