25 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2012 5:35 AM by Hootymadman RSS

Hackers ruin this game.

I'm absolutely fed up with hackers in this game, aimbot, cheaters, whatever you wanna call em im absolutely fed up. they ruin any chance for some competitive fun. I myself have been playing shooters since wolfenstein when I was a kid and I was more impressed with that game than I am with Modern warfare 3, the game has only been out a couple of weeks and already all the different match types are littered with cheaters. Honestly I would like to demand a refund of my hard earned money that I feel like I completely wasted on your trash game, our economy is messed up enough that I should have to feel like I wasted money that I was reluctant to spend in the first place just to have my suspisions confirmed that Activision can indeed not maintain a hacker free environment for us to play in. Not that this post will do any good, but I just feel better being able to express how disappointed I am in this company, and their lack of care.

• Re: Hackers ruin this game.

Stop playing Mw3 and play the PB protected CoD's or Battlefield, hell even black ops is a safe place but Mw2 and Mw3 are and always will be full of cheaters.

I thought this was a Steam only game. According to all of the Steam fans, Steam is supposed to be cheat proof. Thay make it sound like Steam and VAC are the best thing since sliced bread.

D0T-C0M

I'm actually fed up with people that accuse others of hacking more than the hacking itself.  Just the other day I had an awesome start to a game and went 17-0 and finished 26-4 and there were 2 or 3 blasting me for hacking.   I wish these people would just crawl under a rock because as far as I'm concerned there isn't as many hackers as people would like to believe.  There certainly isn't as many as the OP says to the point where a normal person would get fed up.   The only blatant hacker I saw since the game came out went 46-4 38-2 and 43-4.  and even then he wasn't aimbotting or walling but knew where everyone was.  The only way we knew he was hacking is because we had a clan member on the other team who spectated him and we placed ourselves in spots hidden in tall grass or behind blind corners.   There are far more map glitchers than hackers and that only happens in one map so far.

poison_pawn

it's just now really dawning on me that Activision has succeeded in keeping dedicated server as esoteric as possible. I think most folks don't realize that you not only don't HAVE to rank up to have everything unlocked, and that unranked dedi kits, (or load outs if you will) wich anyone can create in the private match lobby and Save  to use in any dedicated server. are separate from IWnet matchmaking lobby system. and in fact the kit's that everyone is trying so desperately to unlock won't follow you in to a un ranked server so there is really no need to rank up if you want to play in an ADMIN'd dedicated server; with all weapons perks and killstreaks (that sever admin allow ready to use. just go to you private mach lobby; build any kits you like and hop on one of many dedicated server; where every one has the same advantage. (and yes by dedicated servers, i mean rented; not some kid "hosting" on mommies ISP)

why are pc gamers even tripping about ranks; and putting up with IWnet? it's not like you're ever going to see Elite.

and: why do you even car about Elite? why care about IWnet? 0_o

Tbh this is a bunch of crap! They have done a great job with the hackers. I've met 2 aimbotters since i started! (and i have like 5 days played or something) in the 5th prestige (legit). I'm constantly being accused of hacking etc. For god sakes, there is a difference between playing good and hacking... this is really a L2P issue! Use assasin, Dead silence and use the uav!

I dunno.. maybe its just my luck, but ive playing MW3 since release day, and ive met no aimbotters at all. Rank hackers are real however...

Yea ofc, i constantly meet rank hackers. however, people who say that there are hackers everywhere are just whining cause they can't use their tubes, semtex, rpg and oma/scavenger anymore. They can't play gun to gun, whitch is the most fun part of this game. IF U WANT CHAOS GO PLAY BF3!

[pde]paulkersey

To those who doubt, there ARE hackers in the game and it's that simple. There are hackers uploading vids of themselves hacking with the red boxes (wallhack) on their screen while aimbotting. Yes, hackers exist and have existed in CoD and this game is no different. They know there's no real protection on this game and they take advantage.

The best thing to do at this point is to play at a dedicated server with admins or just not play and consider this game a loss. Games like Batman and Skyrim will make you forget you even have the trash that is MW3. Also, watch for the fanboys here. They will try to deny your experience and discredit you because of theirs.

LOL. whoever says there aren't alot of cheaters is a cheater.

The people who state they get called cheater all the time & don't cheat are lyin cheaters.

The sad thing is there are tons of players using wallhax & that lame humunaized aimbot that has them turning & stopping dead at my exact location every time they kill me & if you call em  a cheater the guy laughs & starts trying to tell me i should L2P (ok idiot).

I don't know your play style but if your a run & gun player always on the move (like myself) & your enemy keeps spotting you by turning xx amount of degrees & stops dead where you are this is a cheat.. it's called an aimbot.

FYI if your definition of an aimbot is a program that turns the cheater  to every single player on the map 1 after another blazing bullets at them your sadly mistaken.. an aimbot is used to LOCATE the enemy & nothing more. No one using an aimbot who plays in a guild/clan uses it to blaze one enemy after the next in every direction of the map..

For the discreet cheater all the aimbot does is turn them to your exact location when the cheater presses a button. (this can happen through walls and objects or not) either way they know your coming from the direction the cheat just pointed them when they pressed the button, & if it's accompanied by esp hack he knows exactly how far away from him you are, this is why they make so many kills per round & try to pretend it's uav when uav can only hold water for about 1/2 of their kills.

There are loads of these jokers in every ranked server any one saying different is one of the jokers.

[edit]

Dedicated servers can be slightly better, but many admins of these dedicated servers are clan leaders & most clans use cheats or have at least 1-2 cheaters in the clan. It's par for the course when the goal for a clan is "winning"  most of them turn to cheats to accomplish this.

We definitely need better anti-cheat PB & VAC are practically useless, people been bypassing these systems for over a decade now.

poison_pawn

BullCrap wrote:

[edit]

Dedicated servers can be slightly better, but many admins of these dedicated servers are clan leaders & most clans use cheats or have at least 1-2 cheaters in the clan. It's par for the course when the goal for a clan is "winning"  most of them turn to cheats to accomplish this.

We definitely need better anti-cheat PB & VAC are practically useless, people been bypassing these systems for over a decade now.

This i have to take issue with: take off the tinfoil hat; and get a grip; I'm not going to say there are no bad clan leaders (that would be like saying there are no bad cops) but clans have to live to a higher standard then the average player; the penalties  for cheating in a clan are severe (an entire clan can be kicked/banned from a league if ONE is caught cheating) and there are extra anti-cheat measures http://uac.ac/#news etc... for this reason most clan leaders (my self included) will not tolerate cheating in the clan. you also need to remember that these clans, are serious about competition ergo they practice together constantly, and are in coms. so even if you think highly of your self because you can beat up a server full of noobs; life will not seem so easy when you come up against a well trained team...and yes in all clans there is that one member who has the best rig, spends the most time practicing, that has such a high K/D it's unreal. and just like any sport, that is what we call the vip. and we all get a great kick when some comes in and gets owned and starts screaming haxor...

If you play the best you are going to loose some...but you'll only get stronger

Tin foil hat...Ya sure, So what are you trying to tell me the added cheat protection from these various leauges aren't bypassed? ok (LOL). cmon dude im 40 & played every league there is 2 play.., ya sound just like the idiots i call out 4 cheating who claims I'm a noob & should L2P. please bro...that story is so played out.

If i say your cheating you are. & i'm willing to prove it by playing the accused for cash in a lan match for let's say $10k, if the accused loses they owe me nothing, if they win they get $10k. What's your clan server name or ip so i can check out if you guys are legit or bull.

poison_pawn

BullCrap wrote:

Tin foil hat...Ya sure, So what are you trying to tell me the added cheat protection from these various leauges aren't bypassed? ok (LOL). cmon dude im 40 & played every league there is 2 play.., ya sound just like the idiots i call out 4 cheating who claims I'm a noob & should L2P. please bro...that story is so played out.

If i say your cheating you are. & i'm willing to prove it by playing the accused for cash in a lan match for let's say $10k, if the accused loses they owe me nothing, if they win they get $10k. What's your clan server name or ip so i can check out if you guys are legit or bull.

you're acting like a 4 year old, and i don't negotiate with 4year olds.

if you want to visit my server it's not hard to find read down, but i have to warn you ahead of time, my servers are civilized, every one is welcome: cheaters, glitchers and trouble makers will be kicked/banned

you can read our server rules here http://www.descendantsofmayhem.com/viewpage.php?page_id=6

and our constitution here http://www.descendantsofmayhem.com/viewpage.php?page_id=1

pay close attention to

Article 4.

Nonmembers are guest; and as such have no rights.

These servers, and web site are privately funded, and owned by Descendants Of Mayhem Members.

The Admins and Rcon Holders can kick anyone at anytime and for any reason, if they so choose.

It is our server....not yours.

The descendants of Mayhem Admin's make the laws, the rules by which the public may use this server.

as owners of these private servers, and web site, that WE pay for; we decide who is welcome, and who is not .

You have zero recourse, and no say in any matter.

enjoy you stay; but do not ruin anyone else's

ANYONE CAUGHT HACKING, CHEATING, OR GLITCHING WILL BE BANNED ON THE SPOT; MEMBER OR NOT.

afflictedmed

There are definitely hackers, there are really good players, and then there is the lag compensation.  I find the lag compensation software is more annoying than hackers.  I tired of lagging behind foreign players on US hosts because the compensation software is too aggressive since I have a 35 mb connection.  I had a video of me having 7 hitmarkers on the enemy, then die on his first shot (my perspective), then to watch the kill cam and I didnt even fire.  Thats more annoying than the random hacker since it seems there are multiple players per game with mismatched lag compensation.

afflictedmed

As a reply to the OP go play in the dedicated servers.

So many whiners, all game im playing are there always 3 whiners because they getting owned

Hogscraper

There's a huge difference between a great player being called a hacker and some guy headshotting me through two walls at the beginning of a match. I get called a hacker all the time if I get more than four kills without dying. On the other hand, this guy named =Sweeden or something just spawned and spun around killing everyone on the map including people standing on the other side of buildings. The problem is the douche bags that made the game made sure we can't do anything about it.

Couldn't agree more my man .. Its not about whinning . or complaining..  There's literally too much exploited bs in Multiplayer . Connections and migration of host .... WHY IS THIS STILL IN EFFECT ..  Dedicated servers is a must and activision has more than enough money for that ..  Exploited weapons that are  way overpowered and killstreaks that have know sense then being if any .  really hope they make some updates like treyarch did with black ops .. they really gave love to the fans and paid close attention to lag issues and exploits .

no it is IW fault as to why this game is ruined. they are a lazy ass devlopers.

1)they did not make any anti cheat for this game they use vac2

2) they could use server side data

3) put in a vote to kick would solve all the hacking

4) acuttly giveing a **** about their game before they take ur money

wierd worlds are these

Cuti_x wrote:

no it is IW fault as to why this game is ruined. they are a lazy ass devlopers.

1)they did not make any anti cheat for this game they use vac2

2) they could use server side data

3) put in a vote to kick would solve all the hacking

4) acuttly giveing a **** about their game before they take ur money

Your right about the developers not making any anti cheat software for the game but they shouldn't have to when, they pay a company to do it for them which in this case was VALVE.

Most people know that VAC is useless unless it is one of Valves own games and even then it doesn't work that well.

As for your Vote to kick idea, I have proven on here that Vote to kick is not needed and should not be in the game because it, would mean that people like me would not be able to play the game because we would be kicked all the time, for killing people on the enemy team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2z-RR2jKE

In this game it took less than 40 seconds of gameplay for the enemy team to start a vote to have me kicked out of the game.

Within 3 minutes I was kicked because I was a better player than anyone on the enemy team.

Vote Kick should not be included in any game at all, because people who have any skill at the game will always be kicked by the idiots who refuse to get better at playing the game.

As for your last point they do give a **** about there game but only the Xbox version the rest of them get the middle, finger put up to them and are basically being told if you don't like it buy a Xbox.

The Idea of the game, i.e. a better version of Cod 4 that plays like Cod 4 was good.  But the implementation is overall very poor.

a direct port from consoly thing was very bad...
        the P2P was not thought through (if the PC gamer was asked we would be playing on ranked dedi servers)...
        If the game was playable without hackers of every kind in most matches, it would be a start...
        and as for an anti cheat system, "thats all been said"
        it's like a car stood on bricks, you can sit in it but it's not going any place soon,