1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 401 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 8:50 AM by Foxhound-Pro Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 81. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    plasmaflame

uberNoobs wrote:

Alas, I think this petition is falling on deaf ears because it's only affecting a small number of us... The broader market (where the big money is) has average-to-poor connection speeds. It's always all about the money.

And if they tweek the "anti-lag" they might lose the casual gamers that have grown accustomed to their advantage.

+9001

Lag Compensation needs to go. That or the lobby matchmaking should count downwards in terms of ping (some sensibly, but high ping), so that everyone benefits from it, not just the guys with 56k connections.

• 82. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    ghamorra

Go ahead everyone and sing this thread. Lag compensation is the only reason this game is capable of being played. Without it you would be getting killed by invisible players and the people will be teleporting across the map. You would never hit anyone and this game will fall apart in a matter of days. Look up the a reputable source for the definition of lag compensation and not some random person's interpretation you find on a forum

• 83. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

You do realize that all online gaming is going to always have some form of lag as information can never be instantly sent and received over the internet?  So, if you remove lag compensation completely, you will have to literally lead your shots when shooting at a guy to hit him.  You'll have to essentially predict where he is going to be in order to kill him.  It would be completely unplayable with no lag compensation at all.  What you need a petition for is to have the lag compensation modified, as it is cranked up a bit too high at the moment.

But probably no point on that either since in the end, online peititions accomplish nothing.

• 84. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

signed

• 85. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

signed     signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed  signed 

• 86. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    ogkshemiramoth

make it like cod 4 or even mw2

• 87. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION

or not...

• 88. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    markocc

ghamorra wrote:

Without it you would be getting killed by invisible players and the people will be teleporting across the map. You would never hit anyone and this game will fall apart in a matter of days.

That pretty much sums up my current COD experience. The game is an atrocity and I honestly can't even comprehend how they didn't notice that the lag compensation system didn't work after about 30 seconds of testing. I know I certainly noticed something was horribly wrong after my first 1 or 2 deaths.

MW2 = 1 out of every 20 deaths was questionable.

Black Ops = 10 out of every 20 deaths was questionable.

MW3 = 19 out of every 20 deaths is questionable.

I really don't understand why they don't use the exact same system as MW2. It worked almost perfectly even when you were playing against really foreign people. I just got lag killed a few minutes ago where I was already around the corner for a good 3 seconds. We both had a 4 bar connection.

• 89. Re: PETITION TO REMOVE LAG COMPENSATION
    markocc

Oh, and I almost forgot

SIGNED!!!!!! At least signed for them to fix it.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next