20 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 10:21 AM by Af739 RSS

Why am I always being the host?

There is absolutly no need to talk about the lag here, but my question is: Whenever i get in a lobby i end up being the host? I made the test just to see how offen I was being put as the host and I was amazed.. I did that about 20 times: Whenever i joint a lobby, i waited till the game starts and I than leave the game. 18 out of 20 times I was the host. I mean, I don't mind being the host once in a while... but god! Can I also have fun and get a good game sometimes.. I just don't get why I'm being punished for having a good connection. I kinda love this game (it is obviously not the best COD out there) but this is getting really frustrating, I mean i shoot at someone (whatever gun i have) right in the chest just to have them turn arround and kill me in one or two bullet when i'm lucky. The other thing I have notice is that when I get shot by an SMG or AR its like i'm being shot by a shotgun at close range, there is no way I have time to hide nor turn arround.. Maybe it has to do with lag or being the host.

• Re: Why am I always being the host?

its the crap lag in mw3 mate... who ever has a good connection will suffer in this game until infinity wrd fix/repair there broken game.. there trying there best so i would suggest doing what id do and just dont play it until the next patch comes out.. being host is like a death sentance in mw3 because you just die all the time...

well you are lucky to be host as you will have the best connection from every one

i have noticed a lot of weird kills for like i some of the specials is not that good as the bouncing betty's are well slow and the normal frags doesn't have that much explosion in them from the other cods(example i had a sticky and threw it at a juggernaut and he never died well well pissed but life goes on)

Lucky to be the host? There is absolutly no advantage being the host... I get a 1sec minimum lag on every player in the lobby. I always did great in all of the COD series, at least top 3 player in every game ( I mostly play CTF). Now I can't do well at all, i'm always getting rapped! I played some games in WAW last night and rapped the **** out of people than we moved on to MW3 and got my ass kicked by some unskilled players with bad connections. I know when a player is good and better then me...  This is a terrible thing that just makes me want to go back and play games on a computer. Not to mention that this game is way to "noob friendly" with the UAV being in the air every 2 sec... I mean, really people get a killstreak no matter if they die or not.. come on! I also notice a new trend, people just lay down so fast with the tactical setup that it is almost impossible to kill them. They can also shoot at people while laying down... WOW! Seriously? I dont mind people laying down, but pls remove that glitch so people can't lay down while whooting at you!

I'm not a fan boy like most people on here, this game is broken and needs to be fixed!

vims1990

I wished they could give you the option of being a host or not.

Problem is that once players start realising that being host is terrible, we'll all have that option switched off and each game will have no capable host.

Ever since I've configured my router so I don't get host, I've seen so many rage quits and host migrations.

Ugh im with the OP I feel like I am being punished for having a awesome connection. When ever I am host it is just horrible playing the game. it always amazes me I go 18/5 or so just kick arse....then same group, I get host and blaam if I can go 5/18 its like a miracle.

last night I was playing with a friend and basically we had to keep leaving games because I kept getting host and made the game unplayable. Each and everytime we backed out I would never get the migration but my friend would say the host migrated thats why it took so long to get back in the lobby....this game is unplayable when you are host!

vims1990

I'm just curious.

Is there anyone in the game that actually enjoys being host?

In my games, I've come across a number of host migration & dashboards.

This rarely happened in MW2

Why on earth would someone enjoy it? You just get your ass kicked, your screen freeze, etc. I've been hosting games in all the cod series and this is by far the worst ever. In waw and mw2 i was kicking ass weither I was the host or not..

RAMBONER

How do you know if you are host??  i know in Blops you could push select before the match started but that doesnt seem to work for this game.

Funnyguy

You're not the only one man..

99% of the time, I am ALWAYS host. It doesn't bother me or anything, just hate the fact about the lag.

plasmaflame

I'll gladly relieve you of being the host.

I used to host 75% of my matches, back in the days of Modern Warfare 2, and also in Black Ops, up until I had to downgrade my Internet connection.

Not ONCE, in any match I hosted did I feel at a disadvantage; I experienced no connection issues, whatsoever.

jj_3048

I get host the majority of the time, but what I don't understand is 1 match I will go 30-3 but the next match I will go 8-17.

Same players same host

i Get host i leave game and join a new game. I have comcast business class internet faster than T-1 I get my arse kicked everynight i can unload a full clip into someone and they still kill me. All i can say this is P*ss poor coding.

omg i hate getting host i live in holland and the internet connections here are like the fastest in europe so i always get host and its true u get killed so much more often while beeing host ,  absolutly drives me crazyy now i find myself downloading just crab movies at 3mbps just not 2 get the fuckin host couse it pisses me off so badd i payd 70 euros for this game the least what they can do is make it fair to people with a good connection just figure it out activision!!!

omg i hate getting host i live in holland and the internet connections here are like the fastest in europe so i always get host and its true u get killed so much more often while beeing host ,  absolutly drives me crazyy now i find myself downloading just crab movies at 3mbps just not 2 get the fuckin host couse it pisses me off so badd i payd 70 euros for this game the least what they can do is make it fair to people with a good connection just figure it out activision!!

I have my best games being host. The irony