44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 7:21 PM by SweetInsanity RSS

Rage Quitting - Who does it?

SmokeyCheese1

Hi - Im SmokeyCheese and Ive been a rage quitter since FPS started. I will rage quit for the following reason - 1. I get noob toob'd 5 times in a row. 2. Lag is overwhelming me.

I will not rage quit when Im getting owned by vet and guns. Thats the game. Sometimes, you just suck. If you wish to check my stats - feel free to look up my gamertag on XBL which is SmokeyCheese1.

Your turn..............

• Re: Rage Quitting - Who does it?
    darwin67

Let's just say, this is the first COD game where I've been doing that....not because I suck or am getting owned (I'll stay in those honest games), but I will rage quit when it's more than obvious I"m getting screwed by being host and/or the lag becomes so un-bearable its not worth my time to play.

thebiindsniper

the only time I really quit is if my team is doing extremely bad.  I'm talking split screeners, 7 year olds, etc.

most of the time when I am finished the match with those kind of people on my team, they stay on my team in the next match.

~RUGGED SAVIOR (Mobile)

avengedyesterday

thebiindsniper wrote:

the only time I really quit is if my team is doing extremely bad.  I'm talking split screeners, 7 year olds, etc.

most of the time when I am finished the match with those kind of people on my team, they stay on my team in the next match.

~RUGGED SAVIOR (Mobile)

Yeap. Seems like when there is horrible people in the lobby they always end up on my team. Even then ill try to just leave the lobby before the game starts because its pretty easy to see the outcome of 6 prestiged players vs me and green ranked noobs. Only time i rage quit is when im on the bad end of lag comp. No points in playing an unfair game.

ive just rage quit a game of hardcore kill confimed because it felt like i was a second or 2 behind everyone and i couldnt lock on to any air support so i left then found out i was the host and before any one says anything i didnt dashboard i left and took the loss even though we were winning

Question for all your quitters.

When you quit, how do you quit? Do you.....

1. Exit the game via the in-game menu?

2. Exit the game via the XBL Dashboard button?

twinkeeze

I have quit games a few times but usually only because of lag issues.

I akways quit through the in game menu.

c4rl

I will rage quit when the connection is bad or when I am playing solo on a team of thumbless nit wits.

However I will say that it isn't always easy to tell. I played against a group of pros at COD XP and it was so bad that I thought for a second there was a connection issue. Nope, turns out they were just pros.

I only rage quit on MW2, often not in a rage, but, because it's futile to stand there when you are being noobed 'over and over' again.  After using every weapon on MW3, launchers 'under barrel' or secondary, I know I've got to survive two possible explosions from an oncoming enemy...not 30. 

The other reasons I quit:

• I need to take a dump
    • I would like to eat
    • I am going to do something in the real world

What does it matter if I/you/we quit?

Reasons I rage quit:

1.) Join a game in progress on a team losing by more than 1.5 times the enemy teams score

2.) Killed by a guy sitting in a corner with assassin...from different corners in different buildings. All three of his kills out of bad luck, none of his 27 deaths.

3.) Spawn raped

4.) Killed by a killstreak upon joining a game or killed by 3 killstreaks (other than osprey/ac-130) upon spawning. This would be after the first one kills me and I put on blind-eye.

5.) Terrible connection

6.) Lobby of Tryhards (everyone using the same class set-up...its boring, usually assassin and FMG9/Type 95. Not an overpower issue, a "this is repetitive and boring" issue.)

7.) Someone spawns at the same point at the same time I do.

8.) Immediate rage quit to anyone one any team using an exploit/out of map glitch/hack

9.) For shenanigans: Trolling predator missiles i.e. attracting their attention and rage quitting before it hits me. Those F***ing this love me and seem to penetrate my perks.

10.) Joining a spawn trapped team

11.) Lag

12.) Spawn into bullets

13.) Spawn into explosives

14.) Spawn into killstreaks

15.) Spawn into knifes

16.) Spawn into an objective

17.) Spawn next to an about to explode car

18.) Spawn into claymores

19.) Spawn into a bouncing betty

20.) Spawn next to a teamkiller

21.) Spawn into a flashbang

22.) Spawn into a concussion grenade

23.) Spawn from your mother

See? A lot of reasons to rage quit that have nothing to do with skill as a player. Also when I quit I just quit the game, I don't dashboard/turn the power off unless I need a break from the game. I might do one of those periodically but it isn't to preserve stats, it to either play another game (going to the dashboard) or go do something else (power off).

jamesafc

I normally play with 1-2 friends so rage quitting isn't really an option. I don't expect them to back out with me just because I'm having a bad game

I don't really rage at this game anyway, I've learnt to laugh off BS deaths. Getting angry just means you'll make more mistakes and do even worse.

I don't rage quit, I dashboard. Why? When:

1. I spawn into bullets

2. Knifed at spawn (constantly happens)

3. Bullshit kill (Type 95 abuser turns around and no aims me from 400 feet away while I just fired 50 rounds into them

4. Cowards run away when I shoot at them (and don't come back) (I get the difference between running, and finding cover)

5. I get trolled (or at least attempted troll0

6. I get a **** team

7. I spawn into a grenade

8. Spawn into enemy player who proceeds to do either 1 or 2.

9. I get a **** spawn in enemy territory.

10. I tell them to play fair, and they tell me I'm mad.

I dont get people that dashboard. I get quitting. I have to do it all the time when I get really bad lag, but I do it through the in-game menu. I don't care about stats, I care about fun. I often quit and I'll see the host migration screen as I'm quitting (which tells me I was host). Sometimes I'm not the host and I still get crappy games, but Dashboarding doesn't make sense.. it just takes longer for you to log back into COD and find a new game. That's silly to me.

vileself

I rage quit when lag prevents me from playing properly. I rage quit when I get dumped into a match where a team is losing and the enemies are spawn trapping.

CoD is the only game that makes me rage quit. I've never played a game that's so unreliable as this one. Knife a guy in the face? Watch him laugh at you as he one-shots you with his AR.

Fireman0025

I do not rage quit, I prefer to finish all my games and then back out of the lobby and find a new one, or just shut the game off (if i am not having fun then what's the point) The only time I quit mid game, is when I have to leave for something that demands immediate attention (like someone showing up at my door)

BuddyVA

You have to quit sometimes, unless you like being cheated. When I put five bullets from an mk14 all in your upper body and you still manage to kill me. It's time to move on.

SmokeyCheese1

I rage quit the **** out of this game last night. Its like someone hit my lag switch to the on position.

Big_Duke_6

i wouldnt call what i do rage quiting because i associate rage quiting with someone with poor skills getting owned constantly.  However i will quit matches only under the following circumstances.

Enter a match already in progress on a team getting annihilated or with less than 3 minutes left.

Spawn into a match already  in progress, trapped like hell, killed consecutively because the program keeps respawning me in the same place.

Spawn into a match where everyone is running around with fmg's or shottys on extreme conditioning

Snipingdbag

I'll never dash / sign out, but I rage quit whenever I feel like it. Even when going 50-20 something, losing. I might rage quit since I hate playing with no chance of winning, purely because matchmaking is not fair at all imo. How often do you play with all low levels against a bunch of prestigers, amazing how they can still lose. Yes, it does not say everything, but let's face it usually does, funny how they get the better spawn point a lot too.

They should let clans / parties of 4 plus play each other constantly and mix randoms based on average XP per game.

bo2000

No problem with ragequitting. I do it everytime I'm hosting a game. I don't ragequit because I'm the host but because lag is so frustrating I have to quit just to find out I was the host. When other people ragequit and a new host is selected in the middle of the game it's most of the times better than before. So ragequitting is fine BUT dashboarders can straight go to hell

1.) When I lose more to the lag/host than to the person's skill level.

2.) When the whole team is using Type95 Rapid Fire or Akimbo FMG-9s as a primary.

3.) When I'm going to lose in the next few seconds of joining.

4.) When the people not in my party is hardcore feeding and cost us the game.

I do it...

plasmaflame

I do, when:

a) I lose ANY gunfight due to lagging.

b) The game is further than halfway complete, e.g. My team is about to lose in one more kill.

c) The spawns get me killed unfairly. Spawning anywhere but on the opposite side of the map to the enemy is just plain wrong.

d) Sometimes, when the enemy gets an AC-130, Pave Low, Juggernaut or Osprey Gunner (or the Support Strike Package variant) from a Care Package.

I really only rage quit when I am doing terrible for whatever reason.  Could be lag, could be i'm widly outplayed, or could be just cause I am sucking.  I justify it by telling myself i'm helping the team win by not giving them excessive amounts of death.

Also, if my wife gets upset cause i'm playing too much and ignoring her i'll sometimes quit in-game to demonstrate my love for her

-I rage quit when my team is full of douchebags who don't give a **** about the Objective.

Which happens all the time you are playing without people you know. Luckily, this problem is not that huge of a deal for me since I play with parties most of the time.

Knife a guy in the face? Watch him laugh at you as he one-shots you with his AR.

you mean shoot a guy in the face and watch him laugh at you as he knifes you...

I rage quit constantly in this game, i never used to in any game before this one, but this game is so god damn terrible i can't stand it. I am constantly getting screwed over by lag, and spawning. Its gotten to the point where i play a couple games a day and cannot even deal with the bullsh*t. I'd rather play ANY other FPS then this piece of sh*t.

I never quit. Take no prisoners comarades.

Steve2589

Who doesn't rage quit? It's one of the finer things in life

vileself

Lag makes me rage quit. Thats about it. But there are many forms of lag. If Im shooting guys and my bullets arent killing then Im gone. If enemies are killing me in 1 bullet Im gone. If people are jumping all over the screen Im gone. If people are popping out or nowhere Im gone. etc.

p.s. I wont leave at a first sign of these things but if they happen to me 2-3 times in a row and Im getting slaughtered because of it, then Id rather just quit and take the loss now rather than let my KDR suffer and take the loss at the end.

DaveDiamond

I rage quit when I'm in a game full of scumbag QuickScopers.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Don't bother coming back with all the excuses about QS'ing being a noble skill, you're just tossers!  Accept it and move on.

That is all.

Dave

JGDC74

I rage quit if I know I'm host and a quickscoper is winning a FFA. I wait till they have almost won before doing it as well, just to p*ss them off!

vileself

Quickscoping takes more skill than SMG or AR spamming... you cant argue that. No one can.

adw1983

Start at hip-fire-position.

Take all the numbers.
          Add quickdraw pro to the sniper and the other player.

Tell me:
          Who gets the ADS kill first of the sniper (MSR) and someone using MP5?

The answer is:

The MSR user can aim down the sights and fire a lethal shot before the MP5 user can aim down the sights and fire 3 rounds for the kill.

So, using raw numbers, MSR > All SMGs for short range, assuming both players hit with their first shot and use quickdraw.

ARs don't stand a chance in hell, having only fired a single round when the quickscoper has fired his shot that kill even though it misses by 10 feet.

Quickscopers is the SOLE REASON I use quickdraw on EVERY SINGLE ONE of my 10 custom classes.

Snipers aiming down the sights in 0.20 second with quickdraw, ready to kill, when ARs need 0.30 seconds to aim down the sights without quickdraw and SMGs 0.20 seconds to aim down the sights without quickdraw, the odds are in the quickscoper's favor versus people without quickdraw.

Even with quickdraw, 0.10 seconds ADS time on a PP90M1 means you fire two rounds aiming down the sights before the sniper gets his first shot.
          Assuming you actually manage to aim at the person in 0.10 seconds, and he gets to fire his first and only shot, you will still lose unless HE MISSES.

I HATE when MY LIFE depends on someone else MISSING.

I hate quickscoping because MY LIFE is in THEIR HANDS when they quickscope.
          Luckily, most quickscopers suck.
          But even then, I hate the fact that I ONLY WIN because THEY FAIL.

DaveDiamond

Pretty sure my post suggested that you didn't come back with Lame excuses relating to your mental disability.

Dave

d8noped8b

I only do it if:

1. If I join a match half-way through and is clearly one-sided with no chance of winning

2. Team-mates bad enough that I cannot make up for them in terms of getting more points than the opposing team.

3. Trollololol. Cancelling Game-winning killcams by leaving the match. Of course, this only works if I was the last death.

My rage-quiting:

1. Play games online

2. Crappy DSL modem starts spotting

3. Connection resumes, but I'm kicked out of Game/Lobby/Live, etc

4. Turn off console and go outside