15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2011 11:13 PM by davidlsofferman RSS

Dedicated Servers!

outlaw-95

This is your 8TH CoD game and you can't get dedicated servers? Why? You are suppose to be the lead and frontline FPS game out there and you have underrated games out do you.

Homefront-Dedicated Servers

BF3-Dedicated Servers.

This has GOT to stop. Black Ops was an absolute joke on the PS3. Unplayable for the first months it came out and MW3 is damn near close. I can't get a good connection for ANYTHING in the world! If getting dedicating servers is impossible for you, then buying your games is impossible for me. CoD should be more than a blur, a crazy ugly memory. CoD is dying folks. You see the crazy internet news stories about how many preorders a CoD game has, and how many units it sold, but soon CoD will crash face first, IF Activision can stop milking the series to death. I love CoD, but the bullshit lag is getting worse every game. Seeing these other games have dedicated servers has to be embarrassing for Activision.

• Re: Activision, You People Suck.

"You people?! What do you mean - 'You People'?"

DaShuk2381

Let's just be honest though, Homefront was a horribly bad game and a cheap knockoff of the MW/COD engine. I played through it the day I bought and took it back to Gamestop that afternoon. Great storyline but the game itself was terrible to play.

jo-mamma75

It's too expensive to justify the enormous costs of dedicated servers that would actually accomodate the number of users needing them for a game that will get replaced by the next iteration in the series only a year later.

Now.  If they only released a new CoD title every 3 years and had constant updates for it via download or store purchase or whatever, then *that* might justify the costs of the servers.  I just wouldn't hold my breath.  Yanno.  Cause that would mean that <gasp>, they would actually have to TRY to put together a well thought out game that works well.

it wouldn't cost **** to make a dedicated server..........................

there building probably holds 3000 rooms, and probably 100 of those office rooms are being used a day at a time...what about the other 3900 rooms....they can easily put a few computers in there, write a program that host servers.....BAM problem solved.....

jo-mamma75

All I can say is "Oh damn!"  You just don't have a clue do ya?  Do you have any idea of what it would cost to put together a world-wide, redundant server farm that could accomodate a million plus simultaneous users?  Not to mention the bandwidth requirements.  And like I said before.  It's not the costs that are that big of a deal.  It's the fact that they would have to leave those servers up and running plus maintain them AFTER the game is reached its projected lifecycle end.  And this would have to be done each year for each CoD title release.  Look at ELITE.  They couldn't even get that right and only a fraction of the total CoD players are using it.

Oh.  By the way.  You need to work on your math skills.  It's said that 5 out of every 4 Americans has problems with math.  I think you're in that group.  3000 minus 100 is not 3900.

schumijr

jo-mamma75 wrote:

Oh.  By the way.  You need to work on your math skills.  It's said that 5 out of every 4 Americans has problems with math. I think you're in that group.  3000 minus 100 is not 3900.

That's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black right there. Maybe you should work on your ratio's before you speak. LOL!!

I seriously loved the hell out of every CoD title made by Activision and none of the Tre Arch, but now that you guy's killed off SOAP......I really don't think I am going to be buying another title, I didn't want to have to ever say that but you all made me kill my favorite person. The one who made call of duty what it is besides Price. I am ashamed...