20 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2012 12:55 PM by BlksnshN RSS

The Riot Shield: Pretty much a screen door.

Let me start by saying that the first person that calls me a noob for using the Riot Shield is more than likely mentally retarded. This is NOT Modern Warfare 2.

I don't know why Sledgehammer couldn't just copy paste the Shield from MW2 over, but, the Riot Shield in this game is, as the title states, as good as having a scrren door on your arm. I've yet to encounter any one particular gun that the Riot Shield can stop bullets from 100% of the time. I have seen more killcams of people simply shooting the shield itself and scoring kills, the distincive ping of rounds hitting the shield little more than an insult to the poor bastard using the thing.

And another thing. The Melee proficiency needs a tuneup, in my opinion. Because of the way melee in general works in CoD, which I admittedly know very little about, that particular proficiency is laughably broken at times. I've gone to bash someone, then found myself spun completely around with no idea where I am, only to be shot in the back at point blank range. Other times I've had the unfortunate occurence to look straight up and get my legs torn off by a hail of bullets (of which most of the time the shield does not protect regardless of crouching.

Point being, the Riot Shield, my pride and joy, in all it's uselessness, is in need of a dire tune up. Make it more like the Shield from Modern Warfare 2, maybe without the BS Commando lunges and whatnot.

And, on an unimportant side note... why does it no longer stop Concussion Grenades?

• Re: The Riot Shield: Pretty much a screen door.

I agree the riot shield is'nt good like Mw2, and if you lunge at someone then for some strange reason they appear behind you and then you get knifed or shot, they really should fix it because in search and destroy its a great tactic, especially with overkill and sleight of hand pro. I say patch it, make it better. I'm on your boat bro.

I agree completely.  Not only is it terrible, the character animations are terrible.  My apparently fat ass sticks out when I simply adjust my aim, a huge target.

FMG 9 users have a knack of coming right at me and killing me in the same amount of bullets even if I'm not moving.

It's been nerfed so bad, it should be a secondary weapon with a high run speed.

At the very least, they could extend the hitboxes on it to compensate some for how incredibly easy it is to shoot around.  Not to mention a knife, all someone has to do is charge and they can knife right over the top of it.  It's basicly useless except as a distraction. in a group setting, and even then if they really decide to take you out first with a type 95, you're toast.

CyanDragon wrote:

And, on an unimportant side note... why does it no longer stop Concussion Grenades?

Concussion grenades are more of a loud explosion. So unless you're sticking your riot shield in your ears, then it won't do any good.

SuddenlyAlive13

Riot shielding was so much fun in MW2.

Riot Shield

RPG

C4

Smoke

Scavanger

Danger Close

Commando

Go into Search and Destroy and piss off soooo many trickshotters!

I agree

They should even bring back the "BS comando lunges". Without them, you're no good.

Speed needs a major boost. I feel slower than when I walk with my LSW.

Not to mention when you throw a lethal, the damn thing disappear!

Would be better if it was stronger

Would be better if it was stronger

Is it me or did they change the mechanics of the Riot Shield? Why in the hell when I get stunned my ass hands out and they shoot me without even moving. I dont remember that in Mw2 and they need to change it back to whatever Mw2 had because its annoying.

It seems like the nerf in killstreaks.

The change in scavenger.

The gun bullet drop off.

The Maps, spawns, etc. It just ruined a perfectly good game I dont get why IW even bothers to make a game. They try so hard to good in 1 area and they totally forget the stuff that actually matters jesus.

the riot sheild in MW3 is a piece of ****. no if and or buts. shot the side or bottoms and the person holding the sheild explodes in a gory mess of blood and phlem. i love the riot sheild. it is fun....for about 2 seconds then i die from some bullshit ******* who hipfires amd killls me somehow. i will admit that i can get some kills with it, but i end up with 10 and 538958243098265 games because of all the shitty kills that they get. also, why is their only 10 weapon levels for the sheild? and no cammos? no attachments? is it not a primary weapon? it is! so we deserve attacments cammos and level 31 riot sheild! FIX THE RIOT SHEILDS PLEASE THEY ARE SO AGREVATING ITS  GOING TO KILL ME ONE DAY!

also a one hit kill is not too much to ask, it is a super underpowered weapon! i mean common!

They should have used one of those huge metal riot shields you see in shows like DEA, that they use to raid houses with. Its a huge slab of metal with a slim window near the top to see through. That would be more legit. Also, they shouldnt have made it so the glass breaks after it takes a certain amount of damage.

Also in case you didn't Notice. In Modern Warfare 3 Taking ANY SORT OF EXPLOSION DAMAGE plays the animation called (non-lethals and lethals)

Explosive Pain

Which forces your characters to LITERALLY wave the shield around in front of him in a horizontal facing (The riot shield is held sideways) OPENING YOU UP TO A HAIL OF BULLETS and you can do NOTHING about it. You can't even tell when the animation is played. If the riot shield is so heavy that it slows you down to LMG levels. Yet when that animation is played your character ONE-HANDS IT ALL OVER THE PLACE

It doesn't make any sense and it total bullshit

Remove that animation from riot shielders and make the melee proficency INCREASE damage to 1 hit instead of increasing attack speed which is total garbage.

The developers were notified of this and decided it was perfectly fine that a single flash/stun can kill a riot shielder.

They don't give a single ****.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature"

Jacks_Spleen

I have been working on earning the bulletproof title.  Yes I know, in some ways it's become a quest.  I started using it at the beginning of this prestige, and easily could have prestiged about 40-50 game hours ago.  For those of you who don't know, the riot sheild is the only PRIMARY weapon whose challenges don't carry over prestiges, hence why I haven't prestiged, partial stubborness, maybe another part stupid, whatever, I'm gonna finish this thing... 

So 60-80 hours later of using this thing full time, but lately as a secondary with overkill.  Almost 29,000 deflections.  I'm almost positive it doesn't count the bullets if it's on your back.  I'd rather be using the box from metal gear solid, or maybe something that actually stopped bullets.  I have never killed anyone from a deflection(s).  It's really only good at deflecting bullets from turrets, heli and pave low.  Most people don't shoot at me, but knife me, or simply walk around me twice and then shoot my feet, head, ass.  However, when it's on my back, it has saved me from so many revenge spawns and if I'm prone, people have real issues knifing me.

A good start would be the previously mentioned flash stun crap, the butt crack sticking out issue...and from me, patch it so it carries over prestiges. 

For me,  the shield works based on connection.   One game it works great and then the next it might as well be an open window.