1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 8:40 AM by Biff360 Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    nightpr0wler76

@Asianman12

Bowling said something about them looking at the lag comp etc, so there is a problem there, to a degree, Maccabi knows his stuff about latency issues, but he does not work for IW and has no idea what they might be working on/fixing, he has an opinion just like everyone else on here, his word is not gospel, do not dismiss peoples problems because you may not suffer the same as them please.

• 71. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

nightpr0wler76 wrote:

@Asianman12

Bowling said something about them looking at the lag comp etc, so there is a problem there, to a degree, Maccabi knows his stuff about latency issues, but he does not work for IW and has no idea what they might be working on/fixing, he has an opinion just like everyone else on here, his word is not gospel, do not dismiss peoples problems because you may not suffer the same as them please.

So much this!

Looks like they missed that part about anecdotal evidence entirely.

As for what people said about black ops, and do for every game that ever comes out.  That is the way the forums work.  Just because you get all the 12 year olds to come here to complain, does not mean that all complaints are invalid.

When IW admits there are issues, well, there are issues.

• 72. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

Call it whatever you want.....the game runs like garbage for me and quite a few others, like the guy who just mentioned he's not even going to play this title until he can have a decent game with friends. My friend stopped by my house to play a few games the other night and quit after 3 games, appalled at how bad the delay was.

I can comprehend macc's reasoning just as well as anybody who doesn't make a living in the game dev industry.  Sure, lag comp is a bit of a catch phrase currently used by people to describe the problem they're seeing. I totally agree with that. I'm sure it's much more complicated than a simple adjustment to 'lag comp', however, it doesn't change the fact that something in the networking (or matchmaking) code is royally buggered with this game. EVERBODY I know who plays this game in my city and on the west coast has all but stopped due to the afforementioned issues. As someone who has played 100's of hours of online FPS, it's blatantly obvious that something is hindering me. It's fine if you want to argue semantics because I couldn't care less what you call the problem....I'd simply prefer that it was fixed to a tolerable level. Bowling acknowledged the issue and mainstream media is starting to pick up on it. Why are you still trying to deny there's a problem?

For ther record, what's actually pretty funny is that you try and make light of the issue so many of us are having in a shameless attempt to brown nose one of the mods in broad daylight.

• 73. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    maccabi

nightpr0wler76 wrote:

@Asianman12

I dont think anyone is dismissing or claiming there isnt a problem def not me, as for your maccabi just offers an opinin yes correct and yes correct i have claimed to work for anyone a disclaimer i always make sure of,

but there is a difference between an opinion and an informed opinion tis wierd though how everytime i say something it turns out few months later i was actually right isnt it hmm wonder why   wish i had this predictional skill when it came to the lottery

• 74. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    nightpr0wler76

OK Mac, peer into your crystal ball and tell me if the world will end December 2012 haha jk, maybe you should be buying more lottery tickets man:>

• 75. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    djtn

You would have to be a complete bonehead to have not noticed this issue; I don’t care where you are, what your connection speed is, what your ping is, etc… Do you really think it’s your skill or lack of skill that determines who wins the gun battle? Seriously?

Let’s just say you are in a full lobby and the match starts. You’re wining every gun battle, putting everyone down. Your team wins, the match results are shown and you’re sent back to the lobby to vote on the next map. No one leaves but all the scores are set to zero because a new host has been selected. The next match starts. Now all of the sudden you can’t put anyone down.  You lose every gun battle so you decide to change load outs and tactics (aka camp). You prone in the grass with a silencer, assassin pro and blind eye pro. The enemy comes by and doesn’t notice you. You shoot off several rounds into his head, reload and continue to pump his head full. He finally notices your location and shoots you in the foot with one bullet and you die. WTF??? The teams haven’t changed. The players haven’t changed. Only the host has changed. After a few times of that same scenario with other enemy encounters you realize something is wrong and quit out, host migration comes up. You were the host.  WTF????

Ok, let’s do another scenario. Your team is doing horrible, everyone is negative (which by the way this is usually how it goes, one team goes severely negative and the other severely positive. It’s hardly ever an even/close match). You pull up the score board and notice that they are short a player and still winning!!! A few minutes go by and they get another player on their team. All of the sudden you start putting the enemy down with ease and eventually take the lead and the win! WTF?

I don’t care what you want to call it; lag, latency, lag comp, a buggity-boo, whatever. IT IS A PROBLEM. There might not be 1000+ threads but there are 1000+ posts and everyone I talk to has the same experience. It’s not just my friends list that is suffering from this. The video and article that inspired this very post is proof that IT IS AN ISSUE.

This problem was a rare occurrence in MW2 but since Black Ops, MW3, and that fabulous Elite app appeared- it’s been prevalent for me and all my friends/co-workers. I personally believe that there are several reasons.

1. The current gen consoles and the IW engine cannot handle processing all the stats and theater data and still maintain the 60 frames per second. Xbox is limited to it’s modified version of DX 9 technology (some DX 10 features) and only has 256 mb of ram. The reason I say this is because I can tell when I’m on the short end of the stick in the game. The FPS drop and it feels like my feet are in quicksand, while the guy who keeps putting me down is running around like he has the JUICED death streak on permanently.

2. The lag comp cannot do its job properly because of reason number 1. There is no way to get an accurate measurement of time it takes to write the theater and stat data, it’s dependant on the host connection, memory consumption/availability, etc…

Whatever the reason or whatever you want to call it; it does exist, is an issue and will probably be the death of the franchise if it isn’t addressed. Negating or trying to convolute the issue on the basis of “I don’t experience it” or “you’re using the wrong terminology” only prolongs it’s death. You’re doing the game and the community a disservice IMHO.

• 76. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    maccabi

nightpr0wler76 wrote:

OK Mac, peer into your crystal ball and tell me if the world will end December 2012 haha jk, maybe you should be buying more lottery tickets man:>

srsly i have bought a euromillions ticket every week since it started i never won anything, and sorry but like lag comp that whole mayan prophecy is just a product of alot of people saying its true.. dec21 is according to the mayans and hopis the start of a new world age not an end of everything...

• 77. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

Hi all i wanted to jest say that i really don't know how any of the lag in mw3 works but all i do know is i have fios internet 45/35 on cat6 from my ont to my 3rd party firmware router with QOS setup to make my xbox run smooth yet this game still puts me at a disadvantage and makes me feel like im stuck in a corner all i want to do is play a fair game and at this time i cannot im sure it will be fixed with a patch but time will tell

• 78. Re: The lag has gone mainstream

FiosDan wrote:

Hi all i wanted to jest say that i really don't know how any of the lag in mw3 works but all i do know is i have fios internet 45/35 on cat6 from my ont to my 3rd party firmware router with QOS setup to make my xbox run smooth yet this game still puts me at a disadvantage and makes me feel like im stuck in a corner all i want to do is play a fair game and at this time i cannot im sure it will be fixed with a patch but time will tell

Wiggy can certainly speak on anything FIOS related. Your connection is fine, the issue is that lag compensation is crippling you. Once they get it fine tuned, whenever that may be, you should be cooking with Gas.

Trust Wiggy on this.

• 79. Re: The lag has gone mainstream
    SmokeyCheese1

Why cant they just put a speed cap on it? Instead of compensating.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next