22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2011 1:58 PM by mcnaught RSS

Call of Duty "HARDCORE" players.....

morris_family

I am frustrated that HARDCORE doesn't recieve the same number of gameplay modes as "CORE". What modes would you like to see in "HARDCORE"? Me, well I would really like to see HARDCORE HEADQUARTERS. I have a wonderful idea, Activision. Give the same playlists to both, Core and Hardcore. What can it hurt?

• Re: Call of Duty "HARDCORE" players.....
    rankismet

morris_family wrote:

I am frustrated that HARDCORE doesn't recieve the same number of gameplay modes as "CORE". What modes would you like to see in "HARDCORE"? Me, well I would really like to see HARDCORE HEADQUARTERS. I have a wonderful idea, Activision. Give the same playlists to both, Core and Hardcore. What can it hurt?

Tweet #MOARhardcore until the cow's come home to @fourzerotwo.

dlundebjerg28

I don't think the game can support the same amount of games for core and hardcore.

Look at it from Activisions point of veiw. People playing HC game modes account for less than 10% of the people online. Why take away Core game modes, which 90% of the people are playing, and add playlists to HC which only 10% are playing. Doesn't make much sense.

Although I agree in theory that you guys should have the same options, I don't think the game can physically support that, which is why Core gets more game modes.

rankismet

dlundebjerg28 wrote:

I don't think the game can support the same amount of games for core and hardcore.

Look at it from Activisions point of veiw. People playing HC game modes account for less than 10% of the people online. Why take away Core game modes, which 90% of the people are playing, and add playlists to HC which only 10% are playing. Doesn't make much sense.

Although I agree in theory that you guys should have the same options, I don't think the game can physically support that, which is why Core gets more game modes.

Audience for HC is closer to 20%.

I have to disagree, they could easily add these game modes to an update. Once downloaded the files needed for them can be stored on the hdd. They do the same thing with map packs and all DLC.

And i just dont see activisions POV on the whole 10% garbage. This game made 775 million in the first five days. If the hardcore community accounted for 10% of those sales then how much money did they make off of us? I'll tell you how much. Enough that we shouldnt be ignored

dlundebjerg28

If you account for 10% of the community, then that would be $77.5 million from those sales. Not a small chunk of change, I agree, but when you compare it to the almost $700 million they made of the Core community it is. You're asking Activision to focus their efforts on 10% of the community, which would be a pretty stupid business decision.

They had this same issue with Black Ops when they added HC Flags and Bombs. They had to take away some of the stand alone HC playlists in order to implement those two game playlists. I dont think playlists can be added on by adding them to the HDD, otherwise thats what they would've done with Black Ops.

the reason theres not alot of people playing hardcore is because there isnt enough game types if they added the likes of demo, sabo and the rest you would see more people playing hardcore

ghamorra

The problem with game modes like Headquarters being hardcore is that a simple grenade will completely wipe out any team trying to capture objectives. When you have a strong focal point and you have less than half the health it won't be as fun as you'd think

cwatz

Hardcore and core is hard to be equal on the game modes.

Think of cod as a giant pie.  The more gamemodes you add, the more slices you cut.  Eventually the slices will get so small that you may struggle getting into a game, or getting into a game that isnt laggy. 

This is one of the primary reasons they are hesitant to add a ton of different modes to things like hc/barebones.

Secondly HC HQ presents problems.  Explosives/nades become insanely powerful at capture points.  They might not think it creates a fun gametype that a large number of players will be interested in.

buzzfgo

How about no camp mode..... I stopped playing hard core because it became a camp fest.

It is on TDM, I think thats why so many hc players seem to want these objective game modes back. Personally I was never a huge fan of hchq but i do agree with OP because i know alot of people who love it

StoNeS0629

Camping doesnt bother me and if you actually play the objective type modes there is a lot less or no more camping then in Core modes.  I stopped playing Core when it took full clips to bring people down.  You don't like Campers and thats understandable, I dont like having to put 10 bullets into someone to kill them.  I hear and see, and not with just this title but all the others how people hate this gun and that gun and this one is OP.  Good thing about HC is there is not OP gun, they all kill in 2-3 shots.

If someone is camping stick em with semtex. GAME OVER.  If you get killed by the same camper twice or three times you should uninstall and move on with your life cause your terrible.  I rush in zig zag patterns and circles every game and can throw up 50+ kills on campers in KC.  BECAUSE I'M NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO RUN UP ON THEM THE SAME WAY TWICE.  Not having Hardcore HQ is seriously an epic fail.  It was one of the most popular game modes for HC in cod4 and mw2 I think its retarded to have left it out.  Maybe they'll add it later didn't they do that in BLOPS? (I dunno I stuck with mw2 BLOPS felt cheap to me).

Oh and a side note...why the **** aren't the game modes richochet?!?!?!?!?  Nothing like being on a 20+ killstreak and getting shot by some idiot thats 2-17.  Seriously I would take richochet being added to game modes before anything else.

mcnaught

The hardcore community is actually closer to around 33%. The large drop in population is due to the lack of game modes that everyone in the HC Community has come to know and love. Flags and Bombs was one of the worst things they did to us all in BO. That is why the update did not stick and everything was put back to a month later. I can understand them trying to force feed us Kill Confirmed because that appears to be there baby. But why the hell did they release with HC Domination? That was one of the worst rated game modes in BO once it was an option and rarely every voted on. Now everyone has to adapt because that is the only HC game that doesnt allow you to sit in a damn corner the whole game. I feel cheated with this game to be honest. Every new release they try and cut out HC HQ and the community has to ***** to get it put back in.... I myself have found the HC playlist bland and very boring. Dom's initial fun has wore off and now Im just ready for it to go away.

Bring back HC HQ! Everyday we go without it, a small kitten dies somewhere... just saying.. think of the kittens