24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2011 3:57 AM by turambar RSS

Who agrees this is the WORST COD since COD4?

myevo8you

Please don't write out why you like it, or why you don't. I just want to see how many people on this forum think this game has taken a step back from previous COD titles. From posts that I have read it seems A LOT of people feel this way, and I was just trying to get a poll together to see how many people are on the same page.

• Re: Who agrees this is the WORST COD since COD4?

i think the game is good the only thing i hate is the fact the did not put in a boot system for tk'ers , i spend more time on peoples profiles hit the avoid button then actully playing , theres that and the fact i spent 50 bucks on the elite and all i got is a title and emblem , non of the events work , there isnt any clan stuff working yet and now im wondering if the maps are going to be worth it

You must be joking. Call of Duty 4 is one of the greatest games in history, and by far the greatest game in the Call of Duty franchize. This game is the first step in the right direction since that game. World at War was possibly one of the worst games I've ever played. Black Ops wasn't better, and MW2 had tons of garbage in it that ultimately ruined it.

So to answer your question, do I think this game has taken a step back from the previous titles? Absolutely not. In my opinion, the previous titles were crap. This game is finally a step in the right direction.

As for you feeling like tons of people agree with you -- these forums represent the vocal, unhappy minority. For every person complaining on these forums are ten people online enjoying the game.

cwatz

He might not be saying cod4 was bad.  He just might be saying since the current generation of cods have come out (since 1-3 were obviously rather different).

As far as the topic itself, mw3 (along with mw2) are the two "disappointing" cods.  Not to say they are "bad" games, but more the fact that they are outclassed so heavily by cod4/waw/BO.

mathgod9 wrote:

You must be joking. Call of Duty 4 is one of the greatest games in history, and by far the greatest game in the Call of Duty franchize. This game is the first step in the right direction since that game. World at War was possibly one of the worst games I've ever played. Black Ops wasn't better, and MW2 had tons of garbage in it that ultimately ruined it.

So to answer your question, do I think this game has taken a step back from the previous titles? Absolutely not. In my opinion, the previous titles were crap. This game is finally a step in the right direction.

As for you feeling like tons of people agree with you -- these forums represent the vocal, unhappy minority. For every person complaining on these forums are ten people online enjoying the game.

WaW wasn't that bad, it was basically COD4 with different weapons and maps.  Even the killstreaks and perks were, basically, identical.  Sure they changed the names and there were some minor changes to the perks, but nothing substantial to make it much different than playing COD4.

MW2 was fun but far too "gimmicky".  Things like the nuke and other high end killstreaks encouraged a lot of cheating (which they never did anything about).  Also adding shotgun secondaries probably wasn't the best move either although it WAS kinda fun.  Then there were the insane amount of glitches, some of which were game breaking.  They had the right idea, though, with revamping the game because honestly the COD4 template was getting stale.  So to me MW2 was a step forward, but to the side (in the wrong direction).

I think Black Ops did a good job of getting rid of (most of) the "cheesy" aspects of MW2 and bringing the game back more towards actually getting kills with your weapon.  Black Ops also made it more challenging to upgrade to pro perks, in MW2 and MW3 there just isn't any challenge to getting them at all.  I used to favor the IW/MW CoD titles up until Black Ops came out, but now I've converted to having a preference for Treyarch.

I think each developers line of games has to be viewed as a different game entirely (in a way).  As far as the MW line goes I feel MW3 is a step in the right direction as far as the way the weapons, perks, killstreaks etc are set up... a fairly large step to be honest.  Lets not forget they also included some smaller details that people have been begging for since COD4 like being able to select which killstreak to use if you have them stacked and an indicator to show how many kills you have and need for your next killstreak reward.  I think the prestige token idea was good as well, although I fear Activision will at some point use it as yet another money grab and start selling them.  That could be good or bad, I guess, depending on who you ask.

As to the last point of there being 10 happy players for every person you see here complaining, it's likely FAR more than that.  These forums represent a tiny fraction of a percent of the player base.  It's probably more like thousands for every one.

That has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

WaW is the best COD and always will be. If you somehow think otherwise, then you're a moron who is terrible at the game, because anyone that is a good player and actually skilled would tell you that it is by far the best for competetive play and took more skill to play than any other COD. It was the exact same gameplay as COD4, but with better looking and designed maps. End of story.

uG I FLAME wrote:

That has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

WaW is the best COD and always will be. If you somehow think otherwise, then you're a moron who is terrible at the game, because anyone that is a good player and actually skilled would tell you that it is by far the best for competetive play and took more skill to play than any other COD. It was the exact same gameplay as COD4, but with better looking and designed maps. End of story.

Love how you spout off pure opinion and act as though it's fact and that anybody who disagrees is an idiot.  You're a genius.  News flash though there are TONS of people who hated the maps in WaW.  And also hated that on some maps you could basically get a killstreak reward item (tank) even if you got zero kills beforehand.  I continued to mostly play COD 4 when WaW came out mostly out of dislike for the maps, although the map pack maps were much better.

uG I FLAME wrote:

WaW is the best COD and always will be. If you somehow think otherwise, then you're a moron who is terrible at the game.

Funniest thing I ever read.

Good one

Big step back, IMO for many reasons, but most importantly catering to the casual gamer who lives in an igloo somewhere in the arctic running his xbox off a 3g connection and getting helped out for it.  Meanwhile, I'm getting the shaft because I have great internet.  Just to compare, I decided to throw in CoD4 yesterday.  Guys, what an absolute pleasure to play.

No BS lag compensation deaths, if I died, it was my fault

No BS killstreaks in the air at all times means great gun on gun gameplay

Awesome maps across the board

It's a shame theres not many people on anymore.  I'd go back and play it in a heartbeat.  The game is just fantastic and I miss it dearly.

This game sucks I won't buy another lame ass call of duty game.  This is what happens when you cater to extremely young gamers and those who suck at shooters.  It could be the game that kills the franchise.

cwatz

I wouldnt go completely off cod.  The two studios come with different mentalities.

Treyarch tries to make more skill based products.

Its IW with mw2 and 3 thats pumping out games for the hello kitty crowd.

^this.

I wish treyarch would just tell activision to shut the **** up and make their own version of cod. I know straight away we would have 3,5,7 streaks again, no gay perks, FAR better maps, etc etc.

uG I FLAME wrote:

^this.

I wish treyarch would just tell activision to shut the **** up and make their own version of cod. I know straight away we would have 3,5,7 streaks again, no gay perks, FAR better maps, etc etc.

This will never happen outside of perhaps a special game mode...even if Treyarch were given the 100% say in what went into the game.  That same formula gets stale after awhile and people would get bored with it.

fisheadz

waw was the best, if it wasnt for hackers ruining it i would still be playing it for sure. not bad for a 3yr old game, will i still want to play mw3 in 3 years, not sure its gonna last 3 months as it is

slightly off topic, sorry, i was on the understanding one of the points of not using dedicated servers was for game life [not having to turn servers off at some point] due to hackers waw is fairly pointless now an cod 4 not far behind an well mw2 tube tube tube. whats  the point of 'game life' if its not gonna be supported to keep it playable ? may as well have dedicated servers an have to turn them off after 2 yrs

gallp13

If you reckon then it is for you. Off you go to play cod4. Bye

gallp13

Ok so say cod4 is the best. So what ? What is you point? Seriously? Are trying to somehow get mw3 converted to cod4 ? Jam it up the devs arses that they are no good? What?

as if treyarchs games are not easy... gtfo of here with that non sense

waw, mw2 were worse than this game

Are you ******* stupid? you think that cod4 is the worst cod? more like the best one:D

@ soooo - I deleted your profanity laced rant. If you can't post in a constructive manner then please do not post at all. Consider this a warning.