26 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 3:16 PM by TinoScop3 RSS

Predator missile

Ok here goes a question.

In campaign, you can use the predator in the first stage, and it works fine right. My question is what makes it work there but not in multiplayer?

Notice that I'm not asking to add it at all or any of that, I'm just curious how they managed to make it work in campaign.

P.S: No trolling required.

• Re: Predator missile
    McZOMBI

It just takes a lot more RAM to run a realtime multiplayer map than it does to run a partially interactive campaign level, in multiplayer it would have to process a fully interactive map, the positions of 9 other players, their killstreaks and explosions etc. while using air support in the campaign level is really just a pre-programmed set of events against what is basically just background scenery and all you really do is hit targets.

nintendon't

Treyarch actually tried to put the predator missle in multiplayer. I was actually in a modded multiplayer match and the code for the predator missle is in there 100% including the sounds/ hud.They most likely cut it out because the Wii doesn't have enough power to render some of the maps from a bird's eye view like Resistance.  Maps like Dome work perfectly though so give the Wii team some credit, they tried to go the extra mile but the Wii can only do so much....

woah, i didnt think they had got this far with trying to implement it. if any of you guys have capture cards it would be cool if you could post a video of it

Ok, here's the solution, since the big suggestion is useing the mini-map from rolling thunder-type killstreaks.

Here's what I say- use it layed over the whole screen, and zoom in with it. Don't worry about graphix, just make it useable, and have the green/red diamonds moving around, or use the classic triangles from the regular mini-map.

Ok, here's the solution, since the big suggestion is useing the mini-map from rolling thunder-type killstreaks.

Here's what I say- use it layed over the whole screen, and zoom in with it. Don't worry about graphix, just make it useable, and have the green/red diamonds moving around, or use the classic triangles from the regular mini-map.

i love these kinds of posts. it's just like in black ops people put "why can you use the hind gunship and valkyrie rockets in campaign but not in multi. and the answer is not enough ram to load a real time map.

here is the original founder of the predator missile on the wii

guess were they got the idea from? my cla leader thanks MadCow and YoYopawnz and JellyInjector for finding this.

the only reason they got their hands on it is because a felow hacker called pawnzer told 2much4u about it...... here is provehttp://codwii.com/Thread-Predator-on-the-wii-missile-news-is-it-still-posible