41 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 1:51 AM by darksrevenge30 RSS

Will Spawn Trapping people on dome get u banned??

well im getting sick and tired of people spawn trapping me on dome while playing demolition and i cant play 1 legit game of dome with out it being spawn killing. is there anything thats going to happen cause of that cause i play demo alot and i enjoy dome but its becomeing to much going 24-62

• Re: Will Spawn Trapping people on dome get u banned??

anyone cause its really annoying that it keeps on happening to me its like every other game

I don't play demolition and I am not big on camping, but it sounds like you need to just lay down as soon as you spawn. Don't just run out in the open until you scope out the situation. This helps me when I first go into a TDM that is already in action as soon as I spawn. If then opposite team is in my spawn, most likely when you lay down after spawing, they might not notice you. You might even get the jump on them. Just my opinion. Never know, might work for you too.

That map is like fish in a barrel with guns on any game mode. Worst map in the game unless you have a full party and they're all good.

If they are spawn camping you then only good solution to me is to camp back. Even though its frowned upon, you could use a silencer with assassin pro and sit in a corner. I don't normally do this, but if I'm getting spawn camped like crazy I definitely would.

One more thing. Spawn trapping is legit gameplay. Not saying that I agree with it and yes it does get annoying. Especially when you are on the receiving end.

I have a good example of this. If you ever had an Original Xbox, then you might have played a game called Delta Force Blackhawk Down. This game had dedicated spawn points that you had to capture. Now this was extremely annoying considering that you had to come out of your original spawn in order to get to the other spawn point to capture it.

I will post a video on my youtube page today showing exactly what I'm talking about.

Go to www.youtube.com/user/TheMGTactics

Be aware that this an old game and the graphics are not as crisp as COD.

wouldnt spawn trapping be considered boosting or cheating or even exploiting the game for sitting at the spawn points?

As far as I can tell, and from what I've been reading about Activision and Infinity Ward patching the game, I don't believe they are too concerned about the spawn camping. They could try to do what the creators of Battlefield did and let players choose their own spawn, but you might not see any major changes like that until the next game comes out.

In my experience on Battlefield, spawn camping is extremely horrible in that game. Some guys won't go for the objective just so they can get a few extra kills that come out of the spawn area. Not cool, but it happens a lot.

starbuckfrack

sebas0211

A moderator already answered your question before.

Quoted from Mattks

There is a line that is crossed when it goes from being a legitimate tactic to an exploit that gives the enemy no possibility of escape. This is something that I look at on a daily basis, and deal with on a case by case basis.

That's the best I can do for you. If you ever find yourself spawn trapping someone to the point of you being right behind the enemy as they spawn, you need to take a step back. Not only does this ruin the experience for other players, it's just poor gamer etiquette.

It fits the definition of an exploit.

IW can ban for whatever they want.

However.  Quickscoping is the definition of an exploit as well and they seem to allow that.

In the end, IW has said nothing, so don't hold your breath.

Best way to deal with it?  If you can't break the trap, leave the game.  Avoid them through Xbox's dashboard(submit player review).

Player is overly agressive(does show on profile, only reason that I use it)

Player is unfamiliar with the game (though they don't see this on their personal profile, I think it would be awesome if it did display.

Spawn trapping is not an exploit by any stretch of the imagination. 

The only way a person can be banned is if they have people on the other team helping them.

starbuckfrack

This forum things get "lost" when you reply to someone.

So a repost from a moderator

Quoted from Mattks (BTW he bans people.)

There is a line that is crossed when it goes from being a legitimate tactic to an exploit that gives the enemy no possibility of escape. This is something that I look at on a daily basis, and deal with on a case by case basis.

That's the best I can do for you. If you ever find yourself spawn trapping someone to the point of you being right behind the enemy as they spawn, you need to take a step back. Not only does this ruin the experience for other players, it's just poor gamer etiquette.

As been said before, most of this is our opinion if it is an exploit or not.. They make the rules, we just read them.

Ok clowns, my last proof wasnt good enough as it was a well known game.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/104498612#104498612

Black ops, over a year ago, Im posting as speedloafer. Kid comes on asking why hes banned I ask his psn name he wont give it so I use his forum name search for it and get his youtube video of him spawn camping. He tries to defend himself admits spawn camping, gets abuse etc. Is this the infamous 500+ game? I dunno It was just after release when Havana had terrible spawns.

People have been banned for spawn trapping. Its griefing. Just watch his video.

starbuckfrack

Well... Clown. That videos doesnt show whether it was the 501 video. I would love to post the actual video but that would be a violation. the 501 was later in the year and on the Xbox 360.

In your "proof" you cannot tell either way if the other team was helping or not. As for the "proof" he got banned for what video you posted ALSO means nothing. He could have gotten banned for modding as far as you know. And As I posted before the MODERATORS decide what is bannable. Not You.

You will notice that the 501 video was on the Xbox 360 and NOT on the PS3. The 501 video was no known until the players who were stupidly bragging about it for fame on youtube and got burned back.

Not attacking you in anyway. Its just the whole Spawn trapping thing is a dead issue. Of course that guy you linked definitely was being a jerk but its hard to prove whether he had boosting help or not.

The 501 reason was the key factor in getting rid of that map in that game mode. Most likely thay couldnt fix the spawns. Just like when Nuketown got removed. People were getting kills left and right but in that case I never saw anyone get banned for spawn trapping. They did get banned for boosting, because you could obviously see the "friends" on that map take turns being the victim.

The link to the thread you posted was long before the 501 video came out (I think it was in March ?).

People back in the first few months were getting banned for (basically) prestiging way too fast in the game. Anyone who prestiged faster than about 16 to 18 hours per prestiged were "red flagged" and invistigated why they were on top of the leaderboards.

There was also the 30 thousand points per kill lobbies people were doing back then. that was somewhere around that time. They all got banned for modding the lobbies. But I cant remember the actual time frame when the patch was released for that.

Dome is really just an aweful map, I don't really balme anyone for it. This is why I think a lot of maps simply disappear as there are sometimes to many access points in some areas for escape or to cover while there are very little in other parts of the map. The main disadvatage to the building is choke points.  where people have to funnel out of small areas in a confined space like the loading area while other parts of the biulding are too wide open. Namely beaing the font entrance having too many windows while escaping you have another choke point while being in clear view of your enemy. Want to crawl out? Well someone with a newb tube is going to take care of that given the wide open space between the blown up bunker with cover.

I feel for ya, I just back out when dome comes up.

honestly i hope it doesnt get you banned, not because i do it, but becuase that would not solve the problem.

instead of banning people for using an "exploit" how about you fix/remove the "exploit"?

If i see someone spawn in front of me, im going to kill them. if i begin to notice a pattern of enemy spawns am i supposed to simply close my eyes and pretend i dont know exactly where they are going to spawn? of course not. All they need to do is make it so that either you are invinicble for a short time after spawning (1 second). or make it so that there are at least 10 spawn points on every map. (it would be impossible for 9 people to completely cover 10 spawns). wambamshalam problem fixed end of story. It is seriously that easy. so dont try to say "its not that simple" because it is.

How about if Dome gets picked you back out of the lobby? It may be a loss but it saves you from throwing xbox out the window.

atiredoldguy

Mattks , while I think he's a pretty good guy, works for treyarch and has about as much authority on the matter here as I do. While I think his thoughts on spawn killing are on key, thats not saying hat anyone at IW is going to follow suit .. or not follow. We can only wait and see.

For the time being, I have 3 words for you:

Dead Man's Hand.

starbuckfrack

It doesnt matter if Mattks works for TreyArch or not. This is Activisions game. THEY made the rules and those rules still apply here. Regardless of the name of the underlings or the subsidiary below them. And to assume he just got pushed aside is pretty short sighted. For example Foxhound is now moderator of THIS forum and guess what . He still works for TreyArch. Its highly likely Mattks got put into the same position here as well. TreyArch also did development on MW3 as well. As well as we know that TA is already working on Blops 2 and most likely have been since at least 6 months ago once the word was given.

As for the OP making his claim of spawn camping I have a strong feeling he is over exaggerating or doing something obvious to get killed.

But YEP, I have yet to use DMH and theres one of the solutions. The other is called teamwork

iif0xh0undii

Chiming in on this.

Actually, it does matter. Matt is an actual employee at Treyarch studios. It's obvious who made Modern Warfare 3, but Matt can only speak for Treyarch. He can't speak for Infinity Ward and it's also obvious that their design philosophies differ entirely. Take it with a grain of salt, but don't chastise others simply for having well placed concern.

Me: I'm contracted through Activision, so my work is whatever they say. The proper way to look at me is an Activision "employee" working on a Treyarch, Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer project.

nuttin2say

foxhound, feel free to correct my interpretation of this matter.

I've been doing a lot of reading - A LOT of reading - on the Elite "improve" pages and I've weighed in some of what Treyarch posted in their forums at BO.

What foxhound says  about Treyarch and IW philosophies being diffferent is very important to this discussion - there ARE two different points of view.

Looking at the weapons, perks - all of those things, there is a VERY clear pattern to the IW philosophy. In fact, you can look back at MW2 and see this philosophy is a carry over.

IW stops short of encouraging spawn camping. In other words, they are all for it. If you can pull a spawn camp in IW eyes, you are the golden child.

To pull off a nuke in MW2, you pretty much had to get the AC130 or Chopper Gunner. Of those, the CG was ideal. Why? Because if you got one of those two, you could easily pull off a 14 kill streak (what was left needed to get the nuke) not because the CG could easily kill players, but because the CG could easily create a spawn trap. Reference Rust as an example.

Forward to MW3. Read ALL the information in the Elite Improve pages. IW outright states that the spawns are designed to be fluid. Now, most of you will never get the importance of this. So Elite explains it in more simple terms "If you move too far into an enemy controlled area, the spawn is going to change."

In other words, if you want the opposing team to remain spawning from a certain point, then do not get too close. Well that obviously means "Yes, you can DEFINITELY pull off a spawn trap."

Now, before everyone cries and whines that this is a stupid idea, wait just  a minute. Because holding a spawn trap in MW3 is harder than ever before. You now have the Support Strike package which can easily take out a spawn trap. Set the package up with Ballistic Vests, SAM Turret, and Stealth Bomber and you can whip out a spawn trap pretty easy. There's other combinations that help with this, as well.

IW can't tell you how to play the game. You have to figure these things out for yourselves. But definitely they have designed the game in a way that at least rewards spawn camping.

Another clue?

Your kill streaks start all over once you've hit your last reward. If I am set up with a 4-5-6 Assault Strike package kill streak reward, as soon as I call in my 6th kill reward, I'm already working on my #4 reward again. This goes on infinitely.

So. If I get a six kill streak, I've got 3 rewards I can call in. I don't die. I'm not at 12 kills. I have 3 more rewards I can call in. At 18 kills I get 3 more rewards.

I understood that kills brought by kill streaks were not supposed to count toward more kill streak rewards ... but that's not what I've been seeing. I've used Predators to get Attack Helos. Next thing I know, I'm calling in a Reaper ... I had a match where I called in 3 Predators, 3 Helos, and two Reapers before I was killed. After the second Predator, I might have killed with a knife or gun 4 or 5 guys.

Oh, and I was so wishing in that match that we had caused a spawn trap. We had not but it was right after game release so  no one knew how to react to the load out I had.

Anyway, the point is MW3 may not encourage spawn trapping, but they certainly reward spawn traps. Futhermore, I can't think of a single map where a spawn trap is not possible - fairly easily possible, at that.

BUT, like I said, there are ways to bust a spawn trap. Support makes busting a spawn trap pretty easy to pull off. Not only that, but the Death Streaks also help in busting a spawn trap, as  well.

Black Ops,  on the other hand, demonstrates very easily they don't  like spawn traps: Kills by kill streak rewards did not count toward more kill streak rewards. Every  map had a way to flank yourself out of a trap or to take out campers. The SAM turrets reacted far faster to enemy  aerial support than they  do in MW3.

I think, from what I'm reading in official literature from IW, spawn trapping is definitely a viable strategy in MW3