1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 10:13 AM by SitRepPro Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

it's not hard to track down and shoot said AUAV or UAV out of the sky. Stinger + hardline + Fun!

• 11. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

I'm not sure if anyone will agree but some maps suck for shooting down the UAV. I look up and see nothing but fricking clouds. No UAV to shoot down. Must he above them or something.

Personally I love to shoot them down as they are up ALL the time and are free kills with the new point streak system. Too bad Scavanger doesn't resupply the stingers.

• 12. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

I get a laugh when I read these forums.  All these little babies cry about this and that because thats what they die from and want to taylor the game so they can have a perfect KDR and 100% accuracy.  Maybe COD should take out all lag comp, give us all 1 gun, no perks, no gun perks and unlimited maps... wait.. someone will still complain about something... crybabies.

Good post to the OP!

• 13. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    biron_w

Simple solution - don't put in killtreaks that show people up on the maps. Then cold blooded/ghost/assassin wouldn't be in the game and people wouldn't moan about it.

• 14. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar
    avengedyesterday

biron_w wrote:

Simple solution - don't put in killtreaks that show people up on the maps. Then cold blooded/ghost/assassin wouldn't be in the game and people wouldn't moan about it

Sure if you want to make a camp fest, oh wait it already is.

• 15. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

I don't even encounter too many people who use Assassin, Quickdraw and Hardline seem way more common. Some people won't be happy until an online multiplayer game consists of unarmed queues of people obligingly lining up to be shot, I wouldn't pay much heed.

• 16. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

My thoughts are it should not counter CUAV and EMP. If anything Blast Shield Pro should protect you from EMP's and since CUAV's can be shot down no need for anyone to be immune to them.

As for Assassin being watered down version of Ghost. Kinda, kinda not.

The only thing Ghost had over it was KS protection, Sentry Protection, and a Ghillie Suit.

Well Assassin protects against CUAV's, EMP's, and doesn't show on HB sensors and Portable Radars.

Ghost didn't have to worry about HB sensors and EMP's because they were not in BLOPs but Ghost didn't protect against the motion sensor which is basically the portable radar of MW3. If you wanted protection from all forms of being detected by equipment or KS, you needed Hacker Pro and Ghost Pro. Also Ghost didn't protect you from CUAV's, infact the only way to really counter a BlackBird was to put of a Counter-Spyplane.

People act as if the being targeted by air-support was a big part of assassin not being OP because you need Blind-Eye to be just as good. But I rarely see people who run assassin and Blind-Eye. Why? Because in MW3 all the maps have enough cover to avoid KS's.

The unbalanced part of Assassin, besides the fact all the perks in its tier don't compare, is that it lets you be invisible to HB sensors and portable radars. If they just moved the portable radar protection to another perk like maybe SitRep Pro then it would be fine.

Also maybe make Marksmen Pro counter the no red name or crosshairs of Assassin Pro.

• 17. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

I play alone and most of the times i play to win. I love rushing, but when i encounter a good enemie team, i will adjust my playstyle, that includes switching to assassin and, if necessary blind eye.

However the real over powered second slot perk is hardline pro. I mean 2 assist is a kill? I can get that every life time with my 2 flashes. I miss that stuff running assassin.

And people need to stop moaning and stop relying on there radar. I mean i look at it, but you know your dead when your not paying attention to your surroundings.

To me, assassin and silencers are a good part of the game, sacrificing damage, range, hardline, quickdraw, for "invisibility" is a good deal.

• 18. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

Nice post. I confess I didnt read it all, but I skimmed a good bit of it. I think half the time people complaining about Ghost/Assassain/etc. are just parroting the youtube pubstars that get upset when people dont appear on their portable radars. Or dont get killed by their KS. So they B*tch in their videos, and children repeat it. Just my 2 cents. I use Blind eye + Assassain personally. Its so easy to get KS in this game, its senseless to die needlessly when you can slap on a perk and avoid it, especially in my preferred game mode (KC) where deaths matter. With the support package, you now see spy planes more than ever, as you dont even need to be able to throw together a streak to get one.

• 19. Re: Nobody will ever be satisfied with Assassin/perks that keep you off the radar

Stopping power should come back, and it should be in the slot where assassin/ghost w/e is. All it does is cause slower gameplay, I don't see why they even took it out in the first place.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next