17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 1:09 PM by mjw3786 RSS

Shotgun "Bug" Needs to be Standard, not nerf.

I'm sorry, but IW officially has shown to me through this last patch they couldn't balance air on a scale. The shotguns are INSANELY underpowered, and there was one attachment to actually make them usable and like a shotgun should be. This nerf proves they hate anybody who uses shotguns. Guess I'll have to go back to using 8 shells to kill someone with a spas WITH damage. Thanks IW. Giving me more reasons to drop you and go to treyarch. The pistols are better at close range, sometimes even with damage thanks to spread inconsistancy than shotguns are and everyone knows it.

• Re: Shotgun "Bug" Needs to be Standard, not nerf.

I agree completely.  The whole ext. mags bug should've just been integrated into default on all the shotguns.

I love the feel of the shotguns in mw3 but they are just so hard to work with.

I say extra pellets ftw!

Don't know if it has been fixed yet but I went into a pvt match around 2am EST and a Spas w/ ext mags was putting out more pellets than a regular spas

BEST POST!!!

Yo I've been saying this for ever!! The SHOT GUNS SUCK. And the striker is for JERKS... Only the spas has a chance... But it's HIGHLY inconsistant. I could shoot someone in the fast close range and not kill but 4 more feet away and kill easier???? WTF is that????

At least make the pump animation faster WTF but people could quick scope.......

I just prestiged thinking I could unlook ext mags after i unlooked the spas on my prior prestige...... NOPE cant do that... SOOOOO really I have go 12-20 for a week to get it back nope not going to happen..... Im not using the SGs until they buff them...

And if you think they don't need a buff use ANY SG (not the striker) and tell me they are good to go....

I think all the pump action shotguns need an increase in damage, but not range, or a more consistent bullet spread as you mentioned.  There's no reason why it should take two shells from a KSG to kill someone from close range (5 feet or so). Complete and utter BS in my opinion. Even with a grip and the damage proficiency i still have the same issue.

Think of it this way. Since they are going to take out the glitch that made the shotguns ok, they will be even harder to use now.

So everyone will complain like we already are and they will fix them eventually.

I'm glad the ext. mag glitch is going to be fixed, because I know the shotguns are just messed up due to consistency, nothing else. So if they fixed that but kept the glitch they go straight from suck to OP.

I hope when they do fix shotguns they don't touch the striker. Its fine, its the only shotgun that's fine.

mjw3786

good, shotgun users are the noob tubers of mw3. sorry you can't OMA tube in this game so you have to resort to the next easiest method of killing people.

hey you could always just learn to quickscope since they haven't removed that exploit!

Wait.. Explain to me exactly how using an underpowered shotgun is cheap?

lol if you use anything other than a striker then my hats off to you. however i think the point mjw is making is that there is an insane amount of noobs running round every corner spamming an ext mags striker. its horrible to turn a corner and before you can ads youve been hipfired 3 times with a steady aimed striker.

with the speed bonus the shotties give you plus the semi auto feature and incredible close up damage it makes quit a combo for corridors and tight places. watching the spammers run around crazy on mission and other maps is reminiscent of the marathon/lightweight/commando no skill sprinters in mw2. striker aside though the shotguns are pretty poor. if they are deemed too powerful to be a secondary why do we have akimbos???? not just the fmgs all the machine pistols. personally i like the mp9s and fancy my chances with an mp9 and any attachment against most shotgunners. also , i really miss my m1014 if they lifted it as was from mw2 id have been a happy boy.

Spas and USAS all the way. The striker is fine the way it is imo. I could agree with adjusting the striker to fit this, but all the other shotguns are more or less useless. Even with damage/range unless you have the enemy square in the torso you will not get a OHK, sometimes, even square torso shots don't work because the spread is so effed up.

And to the idiot saying shotgunning is like tubing, your a complete idiot who deserves no more than a line to illustrate that fact. Some of us mean things other than a striker but then again, only morons presume so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's referring to the striker.

Shotguns getting one shot kills most of the time is how it should be. Maybe not while hip firing. But definitely when ADS.

It isn't like they have the range of SMGs or ARs though. They are supposed to be great at close quarters and be impossible to use at long range. That's the point of them.

If you aren't equip for close quarters then you should have to be careful running through hallways. Same with a shotgun user. They can't do anything in the open so they avoid it.

You pick routes that your weapon will benefit from and move cautionsly in areas that your weapons don't do well in.

mjw3786

jassieray wrote:

Wait.. Explain to me exactly how using an underpowered shotgun is cheap?

I didn't say cheap. I said easy.

If you need a crutch like quickscoping or spamming steady aim shotguns, enjoy yourself. I avoid these players so I don't get matched with them and move on. Have fun how you like and I will do the same.

I tubed a lot in mw2 because it became too frustrating to get killed over and over by danger close tubes and RPG's. I had some hilarious games where everyone was dying 50+ times due to the explosives. It was entertaining but ultimately ruined an otherwise great game.

I'm used to this stuff by now, people seek out the easiest way to get more kills without actually "improving" their game. It's easier than ever now with youtube always leaking exploits faster than they could ever be fixed by the devs. You roll with it and try to have fun. If it invades your fun, avoid and move on. Lots of lobbies and not all are filled with griefers and exploiters.

rankismet

Ecliptix wrote:

I'm sorry, but IW officially has shown to me through this last patch they couldn't balance air on a scale. The shotguns are INSANELY underpowered, and there was one attachment to actually make them usable and like a shotgun should be. This nerf proves they hate anybody who uses shotguns. Guess I'll have to go back to using 8 shells to kill someone with a spas WITH damage. Thanks IW. Giving me more reasons to drop you and go to treyarch. The pistols are better at close range, sometimes even with damage thanks to spread inconsistancy than shotguns are and everyone knows it.

Shotguns do not need a "buff"... they need to have the damage characteristics adjusted.

Blast someone from 0-5 feet and it can take two bursts in HC. However, 1 shot from 5-10 feet and they die. Beyond 10 feet and it takes multiple shots every time.

Since you barely even have to aim with a shotgun to register a hit (name one person who doesn't hip fire) anymore would make them akin to the redonculous akimbo Models from MW2.

Name one person who doesn't hipfire? An idiot.

Shotguns in MW3 get the same spread whether ADS'd or hipfired. Actually, the ADS spread is WORSE if you're using Steady Aim because by ADS'ing, you lose the perk's tighter hipfire effect.  So, yes, the smart way to use shotguns is only to hipfire.

rankismet

randomguy987 wrote:

Name one person who doesn't hipfire? An idiot.

Shotguns in MW3 get the same spread whether ADS'd or hipfired. Actually, the ADS spread is WORSE if you're using Steady Aim because by ADS'ing, you lose the perk's tighter hipfire effect.  So, yes, the smart way to use shotguns is only to hipfire.

That's my point.

Hipfiring requires no aim... more pellets when you already don't need to aim would imbalance the weapon.

... BTW you don't even need Steady Aim because it's a shotgun.

Totally agree on this IW needs to recognize this problem and deal with it, almost a whole category of weapons have been rendered obsolete (-striker). Machine pistols trump shotguns at close range almost all the time, and you have to keep in mind that these are secondary weapons and best what is supposed to be unbeatable from 5 feet away (if fired accurately of course). ADS or not a shotgun fired accurately from less than 5 feet away should be OHK, the ranges, damages, spreads, should be adjusted accordingly based on each shotgun, but at 5 feet, there should be no variation.

Fix the Spas-12. I don't even care to try the other shotguns. AA12 and Striker are noob shotguns and i refuse to use them. If i can't kill with a pump action, i don't deserve the kill. But on this game they're literally worthless. I had to hit a stationary target (He wasn't playing) 3 times with a Spas-12 from about 10 feet. That's beyond worthless. I don't even need MW2 Spas-12 range, but give me something that is better than throwing marshmallows at the guy.