23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 9:21 PM by blackhawk.mjp RSS

What brings you back?

Made this video for you guys, don't worry it is some real stellar gameplay.

But if you don't watch the video I'm basically asking what brings you back to this game day after day?

If you do watch the video make sure to check it out in 720p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3tuAkaI3mU

• Re: What brings you back?

Week 1:  10th prestige, level 80...calculator says 2 years

Week 2:  10th prestige, level 80...calculator says 2 months

Week 3:  10th prestige, level 80...calculator says 1 month

Week 4:  10th prestige, level 80...calculator says 687.9 years

...wtf!?  I build my own calculator (which is WAY more accurate)...

Week 5:  10th prestige, level 80...calculator says 2 weeks

Week 6:  10th prestige, level 80...calculator WILL SAY 2 days

Week 6 and 2 days:  Done!

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I guess you just want to be 10th prestige?

Sorry.  It was supposed to be somewhat of a joke as well.  I did build my own calculator which provides a much more accurate representation based on your current leveling rate.

I guess I'm just a fan of CoD and more specifically IW's "feel" of the game.  I believe Treyarch has offered better support for the fans and done a much more detailed job, but the "feel" of playing an IW CoD is so much nicer to me.

The only thing that truly pushes me away is lag.  Since TU6 though I have been one of the fortunate ones where it feels like they have fixed the lag for the most part (maybe 1 or 2 out of 20 games I will be at a noticeable disadvantage due to lag).

I hope that this was more of the answer you were looking for...I'm a fan of CoD and the "feel" of the gameplay

No one?... lol

T-dubbyf4i

I ask myself all the time.. Why did I just waste an hour playing this game when all it does is make me mad and it's not fun. I think that I come back and alot of people because they'r elike well maybe today the game won't give me 3bars/4bars with 1 sec invisible lag and I'll be able to be on a decent playing field but every time it's the same stuff different day so I've been playing other games that don't piss me off such as BF3. I know i'll always have a good connection

gallp13

Fun

Escape

Challenge

Me time

Achievement

Exploration

Leanring

Surprises

Community

In that order;)

T-dubbyf4i

Unfortunately FUN has been very sparce in my experience with MW3.

gallp13

Yes I understand. I have moments of extreme frustration but the good far exceeds the bad for me. Patches are making steady if not always forward. Take heart, the pattern of the devs on each cods is to listen, winnow, patch, improve to maintain the customer base and commercial returns. Don't worry it will improve for all. Even lag will be reduced a little further and more equitably distributed with time. Just wait and see.

Yours in CoD

Awesome! I would put it at Friends and thats it for me, I'd rather spend my time improving on my Gears Gameplay This game is frustrating because I know I should be doing better but I can't figure out why my KD is half of what it was in the last CoD I'm sitting at a 2.1? lol and falling fast XD

Didn't realize that you were also a Gears fan.  I'm definitely a Gearhead and so are most of my friends.  I have a close group of 4-6 of us that play games almost every night.  For the last month we have been playing MW3, but leading up to its release we were on GoW3 non-stop.  I'm sure once the newness (help me with a better word for this) of MW3 wears off, we will go back and forth between the two.  We usually play CoD more only because one of the guys definitely enjoys Gears but can't tear himself away from CoD, and the rest of us just enjoy playing together.

Awesome man, I work retail so my game time is limited to say the least right now, but if you ever want to play Gears hit me up, I'm decent at it

Also I totally know the whole stuck on Cod thing, I was to busy with WaW to play Mass Effect or anything else when it was out.

I play because I have fun. I don't let what the community says affect what I think about this game. Most people claim to be so mad and angry with this game but they keep on playing it.

CoD is still fun for me. It has been fun for a long time. Sure some matches raise my blood-pressure but the next match when I rebound I am happy again.

In a nutshell Call of Duty is still fun for me and I plan to buy Black Ops 2 on release date next year as well.

kotakid91 wrote:

But if you don't watch the video I'm basically asking what brings you back to this game day after day?

You bring Wiggy back, you sexy beast!

Fireman0025

fun, friends, relaxation, need a break, or I have nothing else to do.

NIGHTSTALKERUP

kotakid91 wrote:

Kill Confirmed...plain and simple.  my favorite game mode.  if they would have put that into BLOPS..prolly wouldn't even play this one!  but, i do like some of the weapons..

yovlud

I like playing the game...thats why I come back to it.

There is only 2 problems that I see on a nightly basis though...bad spawns and slight lag that is just enough to result in some WTF moments.  Other than that I really enjoy the game.

mjw3786

right now i'm just grinding out some prestiges. i'm going pretty slow but enjoying it a bit

also my girl is hogging the gaming PC with Skyrim so I can't play Arkham City

I could play some other stuff but I feel like I should enjoy the chance to prestige now while she's playing that since she'll be pi$$y when she's done if I am playing all the time

I put this game in over others because the developers are quick to address problems like map glitch's and people cheating. When I say quick I mean compared to some other titles I have played in which the developers seem to care less.

Sure the lag comp experiment needs tweaking but even this shows they are trying to make a fair and balanced gameplay for all who play. This is a tough chore for them and I give them all the respect for at least trying. So the developers attempts to give us a fairness across the board is by far my main reason for coming back night after night.

Although it is a tough job to end up pleasing everybody, the developers do seem to care about the end user and I give them due respect so concerning.

NIGHTSTALKERUP

budroux wrote:

I put this game in over others because the developers are quick to address problems like map glitch's and people cheating. When I say quick I mean compared to some other titles I have played in which the developers seem to care less.

Sure the lag comp experiment needs tweaking but even this shows they are trying to make a fair and balanced gameplay for all who play. This is a tough chore for them and I give them all the respect for at least trying. So the developers attempts to give us a fairness across the board is by far my main reason for coming back night after night.

Although it is a tough job to end up pleasing everybody, the developers do seem to care about the end user and I give them due respect so concerning.

.....i don't know whether to laugh or cry.....

I wish I always had that optimism...and after reading your post I somewhat agree..."Like"d