1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 141 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 10:13 AM by traxxas58 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    vileself

Shotguns are the most inconsistance guns in the game. With the SPAS I can sometiems get a OHK from around 10 feet away without the Range proficiency yet once I equipped the Range proficiency I was getting hit markers at 5 feet. Sometimes I get a OHK to the enemies mid section, sometimes I get hit markers to the head at close range. These guns are so inconsistant that you cant fairly judge them against other weapons. If the shotguns worked like they were supposed to then they would all perform better than the Type95 at close range. With the Type95 getting a hip fire nerf that means that it most likely has to ADS in order to get a kill, which will result in death at close range.

Comparing it to SMGs is fine but you cant just look at pure statistics and make decisions based on those numbers. SMGs have smaller hip spreads and better maneuverability. Any burst firing weapon struggles at close range, they always have and they always will. Even with less damage and even with slower fire rates, a fully auto SMG with better maneuverability and a smaller hip spread will have an advantage over a Type 95 at close range.

Also the point isnt to make the Type95 useless at close range. If you concider EVERY factor then you will see that it is outclassed by SMGs at close range already, but the Type95 still needs to be able to contend at close range. It shouldnt be useless just because its a long range weapon. No one here cares that I can mow people down with an M4 from 5 feet away, infact I can do it a lot easier with the M4 than I can with the Type95 despite its difference in statistics.

• 51. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

agree. it needs less damage

• 52. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    brandaman

vileself wrote:

I disagree. The MK14 has the same rof as the Type95 so technically it can fire 3 shots just as fast as the Type95 can.

Nope, the MK14 caps out at 525rpm, and that's if you can even pull a trigger 9 times a second. Even if you can, the game auto slows your ROF.

@TrialStarDragon The amount of derp in your posts is unbelievable. Are you really that dumb? Stats are the defining factor in determining a weapon's effectiveness. What else do the devs review? Player skill? How is that possible? It's not.

And honestly, I think my brain almost popped when you said a 1HK, 20000rpm weapon with no recoil etc might not be OP if the person is bad. Not sure if trolling.

• 53. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    brandaman

vileself wrote:

With the Type95 getting a hip fire nerf that means that it most likely has to ADS in order to get a kill, which will result in death at close range.

Comparing it to SMGs is fine but you cant just look at pure statistics and make decisions based on those numbers. SMGs have smaller hip spreads and better maneuverability. Any burst firing weapon struggles at close range, they always have and they always will. Even with less damage and even with slower fire rates, a fully auto SMG with better maneuverability and a smaller hip spread will have an advantage over a Type 95 at close range.

Also the point isnt to make the Type95 useless at close range. If you concider EVERY factor then you will see that it is outclassed by SMGs at close range already, but the Type95 still needs to be able to contend at close range. It shouldnt be useless just because its a long range weapon. No one here cares that I can mow people down with an M4 from 5 feet away, infact I can do it a lot easier with the M4 than I can with the Type95 despite its difference in statistics.

It's not just close range that is the problem. It's better at close range, medium range, and thanks to its ridiculously high range, long range too.

• 54. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

The type95 is a strong weapon, but not overpowered. It has strengths and weaknesses just like every other weapon. It has low bullet spread and recoil with quick close-range kills. It suffers in long-range encounters through reliability compared to the M16 M14 and all snipers. Due to the nature of burst weapons if you miss your first burst on target you'll die to an opponent who is on target with any automatic at close range.

Due to the high close damage and fire rate it has a luck factor to it as well. Hip firing and fast turning are more reliable then most weapons, but the type95 isn't the only weapon like this. The PP90m1 is a great example of having a higher chance of killing through fire rate/luck (hip firing/quick turning).

I do agree that the gun needed some rebalancing and I believe less hip fire accuracy is a good modification to the weapon. I do not think it should be removed from a 2 shot kill at close range. In the current state of things the M16 and Type95 are clearly designed for different situations.

It seems most of the gripe is because the Type95 was created as a close range burst weapon with medium-long range capability. If the Type95 was nerfed to a 3 shot kill it would no longer have a niche. The m16 would be better at range and nearly equal (burst fire rates slightly different) in close range. Thus the m16 would be a better choice and no longer have it's own niche compared to other accurate fire weapons.

• 55. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    n3ckchoke

The 95 actually needs a buff, kinda of weak imo.

• 56. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

It is more viable then automatics at medium-long range because it's a burst fire weapon. The m16 will take you down more reliably at range and the type95 at close range.

• 57. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

No support.

The type 95 is fine as is, people just rant about it because they dont know how to tackle people who use it.

All you have to do is flank them or strafe left/right when they're trying to shoot you durp dee der.

• 58. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95

brandaman wrote:

@TrialStarDragon The amount of derp in your posts is unbelievable. Are you really that dumb? Stats are the defining factor in determining a weapon's effectiveness. What else do the devs review? Player skill? How is that possible? It's not.

And honestly, I think my brain almost popped when you said a 1HK, 20000rpm weapon with no recoil etc might not be OP if the person is bad. Not sure if trolling.

You're better off not replying to him, pics and sarcasm work well against his type.

• 59. Re: Petition - Drop the damage on the Type 95
    iamhollywood5

updated signers list.

I really have to LOL at trialstardragon.

Apparently if somebody broke into his house, stole a bunch of expensive things and then dropped them as he ran away, and the cops ran fingerprint tests to factually prove that the burgler was the guy they caught, his response would be "Look I know there is factual evidence saying it was this guy, but that doesn't mean anything.  I really think it was that guy over there, just because I got this feeling."  Most people out there will only believe that a gun is OP once they are shown facts and hard evidence that a gun is stastically superior to every other gun in the game.  Apparently trialstardragon doesn't like to use logic, reason, facts, statistics, and evidence to support arguments?

Just a heads up for future posters - if you start to bring "skill" into your argument in any sort of way you're comment will be completely ignored.  Why? well boy oh boy I'll tell ya why, sit down and take your coat off:

Alright so take 2 people.  They are both at EXACTLY the same skill level.  They run into each other on a map, they both see each other at exactly the same time, and they are both facing each other.  They both start shooting at the same time with perfect aim.  One guy has a FAD, the other guy has a Type 95.  Who wins? The guy with the Type 95 obviously, by a long shot, because anybody using a Type 95 has a STATISTICAL ADVANTAGE over anybody who is NOT using a Type 95.  Let's say the guy with the FAD gets a headstart and gets to shoot 2 bullets before the guy with the Type 95 gets to shoot anything.  After the guy with the FAD shoots his 2 bullets, the Type 95 guy pulls the trigger and STILL WINS, because that is how superior the Type 95 is.

Skill is completely irrelevant.  Let's try to be intelligent people who accept facts, and talk with our heads instead of our a$$es.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next