35 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 9:11 AM by Thomke RSS

Akimbo FMG9 Becomes An Urgent Matter

I've had it with these b**ches. The FMG9 is to be pached as soon as possible. They should have a bigger bullet spread when Akimbo'ed. I was on a huge rampage in Carbon, slaying and pwning, and lay back for a second to reload. A guy with the Akimbo FMG9 runs past me without noticing me, I start shooting (accurately) him with his back on me, and he turns around and kills me in 0.4 seconds. F**K THAT SH** I'M SICK OF THOSE EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED GUNS!!! These should be nerfed as soon as possible. Seriously.

• Re: Akimbo FMG9 Becomes An Urgent Matter

Please tell me your opinin. And a serious one

trialstardragon

Cry some more please, the tears are so tasty.

To f**king bad for you!  Maybe it was I who ruined your killstreak or MOAB run... Once again to f**king bad....   This is one reason I use these guns is to take down asshats like yourself.  Nothing like hearing you complain here or on your mic about getting your ass handed to you.  You didnt complain when YOU were "on a rampage" against the other players, just when you got killed, once again to f**king bad....

Really guys? He has a valid point! We have ALL been off-ed in the midst of shooting someone accurately by the FM's - Its stone cold annoying! They should remove akimbo for the machine pistols, nerf them all the way down or increase the spread. Im sick to death of shooting 3 bullets from an AK into the side of someones chest, for them to 'sweat', turn around with their insane sensativity selection, and just spray...

Now i have no beef with the sensativity, but the Fm's! HAVE TO BE WORKED ON! you can not deny it, if you do... you use them! And i salute you not

So mad bro. Reeeelaaaaax

The spread isn't the problem, the damage is, if they increased the spread they would still be just as effective on maps like mission, and would still beat smg's and shotguns (striker needs nerfing too) But if they lowered the damage to where the mp9's are, they would be fine. An even better solution would be to just remove akimbo from the game, it sounded cool for 1-2 days when they announced it for MW2, ever since it's just being an annoying atachment that only scrubs use to annoy people, since they aren't good enough to win against them.

they are very cheap tbh but i prefer the mp9s i just find them more accurate and quicker to pull out if slightly shorter on range. i understand the rage about streaks being ended. i cant buy a moab in this game ( even though mw2 i got 10+ nukes) due to either akimbos or dead mans apocalypse. 5 feckin times ive been stopped by dmh and its not because i didnt double tap its because i turn into a corridor at close range, drop the guy, then boom its all over.

i never intentionally try for a moab but if im creeping up into the teens for gun kills of course ill try and get the rest. with the fmgs and steady aim in close quarters you stand no chance unless you have yours equipped, a striker or your a q.s champ. hell at close range a single fmg or mp9 owns just about any gun i can think of. but tbh whining isnt going to get us anywhere as the patch has shown so we just have to man up and get on with it unfortunately. theyre not as bad as the models were but at least they got patched properly

Guess you're gonna be really pissed off when you find out they already did all the nerfing to them they are going to do a few days ago.  Looks like you will be mad at these guns until you quit playing MW3.

thebiindsniper

I always said it, so I'll say it again.

Infinity Ward appeals more towards the newbie players.  That's why they brought back Deathstreaks, and allow Machine Pistols to be used as secondaries (with akimbo).

Now when the next Treyarch game is released, we'll probably only see Handguns and Launchers as secondaries, because at least those devs are smart about balance. 

They know, that (aside launchers), secondary weapons aren't supposed to be better than primaries.  Hence, they should be used as a back-up, in case the primary fails.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

asasa

I partially agree..

3arc games are definitely more skill based, as weapons dont kill quite as fast, but their balance is not better in every way.

While they do manage to keep secondaries worse than primaries, they do not manage to keep secondaries themselves balanced with each other, nor the primaries.

MW series is much better in that regard.

And lets not forget that half the weapons in BO were ripped straight out of CoD4, then copied over 4 times so that it seemed like they had a lot of guns. MW3 actually has a ton of real diversity.

asasa wrote:

I partially agree..

3arc games are definitely more skill based, as weapons dont kill quite as fast, but their balance is not better in every way.

While they do manage to keep secondaries worse than primaries, they do not manage to keep secondaries themselves balanced with each other, nor the primaries.

MW series is much better in that regard.

And lets not forget that half the weapons in BO were ripped straight out of CoD4, then copied over 4 times so that it seemed like they had a lot of guns. MW3 actually has a ton of real diversity.

Like I said before, both developers are bad in their own ways. IW tends to ridiculous things, Treyarch cuts out all of the things in IW games, but ends up making the balance of weapons sloped to one side.

rankismet

flavioal28 wrote:

I've had it with these b**ches. The FMG9 is to be pached as soon as possible. They should have a bigger bullet spread when Akimbo'ed. I was on a huge rampage in Carbon, slaying and pwning, and lay back for a second to reload. A guy with the Akimbo FMG9 runs past me without noticing me, I start shooting (accurately) him with his back on me, and he turns around and kills me in 0.4 seconds. F**K THAT SH** I'M SICK OF THOSE EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED GUNS!!! These should be nerfed as soon as possible. Seriously.

What gun will you rage on next?

mischaelite

Well they are patched now with a high upwards kick and a wider hipspread. Still work as inteded on short ranges though.

I think they made a good job. The reason for having a secondary is because it is supposed to help you in a way your primary can not at close range.

They should be strong enough to make some players choose them instead of Anti Aicraft weapons.

But since the fix I have had no more problems with them like I had before. When I carried a high level shotgun I never had a problem with enemies carried FMGs even before patch since you´d just put on grip+range and steady aim. If anybody fired at me I could kill them by pressing the firebutton without having to ads.

Now I find the best thing is to strafe and flank them fast, it gets me out of most Akimbo situations. If I am in a lobby with a lot of akimbo users I switch to a class with extreme conditioning and Stalker so that I can stafe real fast while having my sights up. Now after a couple of days of training I run circles around them .

coolwhhhip

People just have a problem with the attitude that the dual wielded's project. It bothers them to be run up on and killed in an extremely violent, care free rain of bullets, while they themselves are playing with a more conservative approach. Not that there is anything wrong with the conservative reg. stuff but you cant hate on someone who likes to change it up every once in a while. And that is really what the akimbo whatever's provide, a change of pace. IW addressed what was probably a genuine gripe about the fmg9 and the range they had, but nerfing them more or getting rid of akimbo all together is just silly. Again, all this is is extremely conservative players having that additude of, "how dare you just abruptly spray bullets so violently and then just run off like that." So transparent. So lame. Peace.

iamhollywood5

It's kind of funny how akimbo FMG9s are better weapons than at least half the primaries in this game.  But it only reinforces the point that IW is and always will be a second-rate developer to Treyarch, the studio that actually knows how to make a competitive, fun mutliplayer experience that can be taken seriously.  I still play more Black Ops than MW3, it's a lot more fun being able to play a game without things like akmimbo FMG9s, Type 95's with rapid fire, and deathstreaks.

I don't really mind the akimbo smgs or the Type 95. Just make your own classes with those weapons and you should be fine unless you are less skilled than the other player. Otherwise, you can give them a taste of their own weapons.

iamhollywood5

if you have to use the same gun as somebody else just so they dont have a statistical advantage over you, that's what they call overpowered, in case you didnt know.  Do you really want a game where every single person uses the same exact gun?

all the machine pistols with akimbo are pretty good. what makes the fmg9's stick out is that they unlock right away, kill insanely fast cause of high damage and rate of fire with good accuracy and two big mags. only downside is the extra long first switch time.

so those things pretty much have rapid fire, stopping power, steady aim, akimbo, and extended mags all at once.

then there is like the g18's which are the exact same but just have much smaller mags. nice balance iw.

Brutorious

by saying that you seem to essentially say every gun should be the same. The pistols should have the stoping power and range of the sniper rifles, and the  AR's should have a spread shot like the shotguns. Each gun should have its own personality. just because someone is better with one weapon than another does not in any means, mean its over powered.

You just come across retarded. Really this post is not about guns being the same. It is about a secondary being more powerful then primaries for cqc. Tell me what is easier to kill with a shotgun that is a primary or Akimbo MPs. easy answer right there Akimbo MPs. first of all I can run scavanger on them and still reload faster then any shotgun. in the game. Not to be mean but primaries should out class any secondary weapon. They are secondaries aka ment for spare of the moment save. not Haha you came at me with a shottie and I kicked your ass with my OP secondaries.

Yes I have used Akimbo FMGs. and yes to me it really is sad how easy to get quad kills on a enemy coming down a hallway takes no work. :/

TravisClark

They are overpowered.  Takes zero skill to hold down two buttons the second you see an enemy (no aim required).  Especially when you're owning another team and they all strap 'em on and mess up a MOAB streak.

CODNoob12

I'll be honest. Only a couple of times have I ever used an FMG on a map. At this point, with all the complaining, I haven't even worked up the balls to use them more to unlock akimbo.

i completely agree, i would have had 100 moabs about 3 months ago, but right now i have 99 and struglle so much to find a mtach where people are not using them, and if  they are using it, i just can't ******* do it! Do they think the are good? What the ****?

They need to fix LAG COMPENSATION NOT MAKE SOME STUPID GUN USELESS stop complaining about things that don't matter and complain about LAG COMPENSATION AND THE SPAWN SYSTEM.

vileself

My opinion is that akimbo weapons are overpowered no matter which gun you're using. Even the semi auto pistols are just so spammable at close range that they slay with ease.

Solution is simple. Handguns should not be akimbo. Machine Pistols should have a range no greater than the shotguns. To pay for the imense fire power you get with two fully automatic mini SMGs you should have a massive deduction in range AND accuracy.

asasa

Lol people think FMG akimbo is balanced now? >_>

[img]http://r24.imgfast.net/users/2414/30/66/10/smiles/72558.gif[/img]

I hate them aswell but Mission is the only level I dont mind them in. I use the Model 9/10 times on that map and I PWN akimbo nubs hard with it.

QQ more please.