23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 1:05 PM by zvers RSS

Removing Campers by Map! ideas!?

Izjar11

How do you best remove these lazy suns of guns from particular spots?

Resistance : Inside house (middle of map), living room area > I've thrown flash / concussions / emp's and they will remain inside. I've gone around, poked inside run out, how do you take them out in one swift attack?

Fallen: Second story house (the one everyone uses) i've found that attacking people from the front entrance with a flash / grenade combo works well, I use recon as well so it will tell me wheter or not they survived.

• Re: Removing Campers by Map! ideas!?
    Izjar11

haha, no one likes to discuss how to remove Campers, apparently most are afraid of there own skeletons in the closet! oh well!

zvers

I wil tell you what works and drives people insane because I'm camping in a building when I do it. RPG. Tactical and lethal work well but the fact that you get 2 rockets and they fly somewhat straight, makes a HUGE difference in taking a person out of a building. I have over 1500 kills with thing and it's my secondary on most classes except for sniper. Just try it. You will get some ridiculous kills. I'm not into montages but someone should make one for RPG kills.

If they are "idle" in one spot of the map they should automatically die lol.

Naw but I honestly just avoid the usual camping spots if I can like those inside areas on resistance.

it's literally impossible to stop kids from camping, i mean yea it pisses me off when i get killed by some corner hugger who is like 2 and 15 but theres not much you can do besides being aware of common camping and avoiding them. sometimes its hard to be patience but if you are playing an objective game they either have to leave their spots or lose the game. but most kids dont care about winning or losing anyways....

Man that is a awesome place to hang out in there I have a nice couch make myself some lunch a cold beer then you all want to run in there and die It just makes me want to drink another beer. It really makes me mad that you have to interrupt my beer and sandwich break

Noob tube or riot shield are my favorites for removing these pests

i love it when im able to kill a corner capmer with a throwing knife.

mickilla

Try an LMG with the impact proficiency. Just hose down their cover until you land hits. Better yet, if you do this with recon pro, your very first hit will reveal exactly where they are. Same goes for throwables with this perk. One last note- the recon drone killstreak is your friend.

But if you wanted a more permanent solution to this problem, I would have said the first thing that needs to change is all the clutter in the maps. The nickname "Can't see s**t warfare 3" was made for a reason. I really don't blame silencers and stealth perks for all of these surprise encounters anywhere near as much as I do the fact that the maps are so filled with visual obstructions. That and the spawn system. Checked that corner, looks clear. But the instant I turn my back to it and 3 enemies spawn there.

mickilla wrote:

Try an LMG with the impact proficiency. Just hose down their cover until you land hits. Better yet, if you do this with recon pro, your very first hit will reveal exactly where they are. Same goes for throwables with this perk. One last note- the recon drone killstreak is your friend.

I switched up to the Recon perk and have really been enjoying it. I throw flash bangs and frag grenades with wild abandon at all of the usual camping spots and know exactly where people are. Like the OP's mention of the second story building on Fallen, just last night I bounced a concussion grenade off the door way, got a hitmarker, checked my map and knew exactly where the guy was and which way he was facing. Ran in and killed him before he had a chance to react.

And I'll also second your other tip: nothing gets a camper motivated like that little remote control helicopter.

Resistance is probly the worst map for camping in buildings IMO (espacially the middle house). Best bit of advice is just too stay away from it altogether, but sometimes you cant as theres 3-4 people in there, i switch my class up to I.M.S throw a few flashes/stuns thru the door and run in kamikaze drop the I.M.S and watch the kills rack up as they stupidly keep trying to get back in there lol

The clutter makes it more real. but yes the spawning sucks.

Thesandman

Stop moaning,camping is here to stay get over it.

There is a difference to lying in one spot all game whilst ADS waiting for an enemy to run past and actively patrolling an area in an objective mode game.

The word "camper" is used far to much by people pissed off at being killed.

If i plant a bomb in S and D you think i shouldnt camp over the bomb? sure i'll just rush instead and get killed.

£44.99 i paid,so i will play it my way and u play it yours.

Izjar11

I wasn't crying I'm trying to get peoples feed back on how to address certain location or camper spots! People have all the right to camp, and well others have the right to fight back, through strategies. haha I never asked you to play differently, and I don't play SnD mostly TDM.

well if i play a board that i get a bunch of people hanging out in certain spots i switch to my camp pack. that being...

P90 with attachments Silencer and rapid fire

Dual MP412 or i change it time to time to single with knife.

SOF PRO

HL PRO

SA PRO

with assault UAV, SENTRY GUN, ATTACK HELLIE.

Works great for me the setup gives me a fast pace and quick kill streaks so i can push them out and while clearing the rest of the spots they slow the down from regrouping in a spot again.

However there is a differnce between someone who lays in one spot the whole game ang gets on or 2 kills and someone who works a part of the board. Like me I love the map FALLEN i like to work the back part of the board where the 2 pipes are on top of the pile. from there i can watch the buildings the middle to some point. run that with a sniper rifle right now the MSR for me and the P90 for me with spec ass blind eye and scav and if the rest of your team doesnt run in like idoits to die you can lock out half the board and have some fun. i run from the first pass way to the fence to the pipes. call it camping if you want but 25 and 1 i call it fun...and the 1 was i killed them to far out ran out of all ammo had to go get more die during the reload..but hey its a game...

dlundebjerg28

For the Resistance spot, I usually toss a stun closely followed by a C4. Usually gets the job done. If that doesn't work, the best way to take those campers out is to have someone go in through the courtyard, and another person go in the front door by the C spawn. Chances are one of you will die, but 9 times out of 10 the camper will end up dead as well.

For Fallen, I find the best way to take people out of that two story building is to come at them from both sides. One comes from the C side up the stairs and through the back, one comes up the stairs from the A side. Again, most of the time the camper or campers will focus on one direction, and usually cant take out both guys.

I find in general most popular camping spots have two entrances, so if you can coordinate with your team and come at them at the same time from different entrances, they don't stand a chance. They can't defend their back and their front, so usually the camper ends up dead. Sometimes one of the attackers does as well, but hes removed from the camping spot so its a plus for the team and worth the sacrifice.

Izjar11

HardHat: I ran into a dude who would camp in the entrance to the main building (other side of sewer drain) facing the back entrance. He was sitting behind what look like cement bags waiting for people to come up the small hill. I found that throwing my flash and grenades above the wall worked. He kept reappearing there.

I tend to stay away from that house in Resistance because of it being a camping spot, but the best thing i have found is to chunk a little C4 present for them and then click boom.  Hard to tell how many double and triple kills I have gotten doing this.  Same thing for the room in fallen go about halway up the stairs throw C4 boom double kill laugh and run like hell.

DaShuk2381

Best way to make the campers move is stay away from thier areas, force them to come out and engage. I've found I've had better success on maps that way, learning where everybody camps and just avoiding that section of the map and working the outskirts. Sure there aren't as many firefights, but your K/D will improve and you'll force those campers to have to move out of their hiding spots if they want to shoot anything. I don't even bother going through or by that house in Resistance, just stick to the street circling the map. Same thing on Mission, everyone likes to camp in that middle maze of buildings, just avoid the area entirely and stick to the long site lines on either side of the map with an AR or Sniper and you'll do a lot better, makes no sense to keep running through that middle section clogged with campers with their thumpers and PP-90s.

opb81

It is not resistance or fallen but I love using C4 to payback campers like this dude in domination getting dominated 3-0 and hiding in a corner like a sissy

On Resistance C4 can be tossed into the windows from below with a well aimed toss and works well so do sticky grenades. I like to toss stun grenades in first so the cant move out of the way quickly. Dead silence is always a good choice to sneak up on them from behind and knife them for a more personal revenge.