42 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2011 11:24 AM by triiviium- RSS

COD FORUM VETERANS!!!!!

triiviium-

I understand many of you are frustrated with MW3 just like you were with Black Ops. Every CoD that comes out we cry about this gun being overpowered we cry about lag we cry about whatever. I understand arguing and discussing things is how games evolve, change, and get better.

This thread is like many others that asks why do you constantly stay with the COD series if the last 4 or 5 titles weren't to your likings? Sure when I play and your in my lobby with me you will hear me scream on how I died and how bullsh@# it was, we all do it and I think I know why

we don't like dying!!!! I constantly see many of you on here every day posting on peoples threads saying things like "this is a pile of shlt game" "F#CK IW THEY NEVER LISTEN" "kids on Christmas will be taking it back once they see how horrible it is" the list goes on.

So I ask you seasoned veterans why if many of you bltched on the last 3 or 4 titles on how this is the worst COD ever, do you still get on the forums almost everyday. Why do you keep buying COD titles thinking "well maybe this time will be different" why do you even waste your time?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

I have really good Internet so why to many of you do you say if you have good Internet you lag if you have crap Internet you'll dominate? Sure I lag here and there but more than 90% of my matches run great. I have had the same amount of lag in the last 4 titles so what is yalls issue?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Rage me, flame me, hate me, wont hurt my felling's. I'm just annoyed.

• Re: COD FORUM VETERANS!!!!!

I'm just playing because of my friends and I'm waiting for 2015.

avengedyesterday

I agree with what you said. I don't see many forum vets doing this tho. In my view the game is alright but to me it's just boring. Feels like all the game modes play the same and there isn't much variety in the maps.

I do agree tho if someone hates the game so much, trade it in a move on. Expecting the game to be wonderful after a few patchs is just wishful thinking.

triiviium-

I agree with your first statement, I have been getting borred but the game still functions great for me and gives me something to pass the time.

No game is ever perfect after any amount of patches. I still dont know how COD 4 has become listed as the best one. People bltched about the same type of things.

kastro187420

I play the game because, unfortunately, it's what the majority of my friends still play. I prefer games like Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, and Grand Theft Auto, but they all like the "fast paced kill everything" instant gratification that Call of Duty provides, and will continually purchase the title year after year blindly.

To me, I complain about things that are broken and need to be fixed because.. well, they're broken and need to be fixed. Every year, people say "this call of duty is the best of the series!", and what they don't realize is that the only reason the current title is shaped the way it is, is BECAUSE of people like us who come on and complain and ask that things be changed.

So when someone says "this game is great the way it is", they should add onto the end of that statement "thank you to those of you who didn't remain silent and let the issues to unnoticed.".

esmorgue

I never expected much from Treyarch, mainly because of W@W. Though it was cool, it just continued what IW stepped past in combat gaming. Only anticipated BlackOps because of the hacking in MW2. Severely let down. My posts when that game came showed it. My threads were deleted many times. This game is cool, just a bit boring. Most that post BS are just trying to be rebellious. 

Honestly, I've always preferred Treyarch to IW. Perhaps it's because I got hooked on CoD with W@W, but I always felt that it got shunted compared to CoD4, similar to how GoldenEye took the spotlight off of PerfectDark64. Minus the MP40, it was a much better experience, in my opinion, than CoD4.

When Black Ops came out, minus a couple of the initial issues with not being able to party up, I had a blast with the game. The rush I got when getting out of school and being able to play the game was second only to when I was in high school and was able to get on BF1942 or CS1.6 after the end of classes. The game had fairly good balance and in my opinion was incredible with the exception of Second Chance.

When MW3 came out, I got about an hour's worth of gaming in before I had to quit. I just couldn't handle it. It wasn't only the issues with connection - it was due to the lack of balance in the game. I posted a thread the very first day of release about the issue of FMG9's akminbo'd and the lethality of the Type95. I stated it on my first MW3 video as well (dassmallz on YT). I also spoke at length about imbalances with the game - imbalances that are becoming more and more apparent to the community.

I have been playing fps's for long enough to be able to quickly tell when things aren't well balanced. And the basic fact of the matter is that this game is very unbalanced. The top support streaks are too easy to achieve, the automatic secondaries are way too powerful and the death streaks are just too powerful. Frags need a buff and the trophy system needs a slight nerf. And there are a ton of other imbalances.

The sad thing is that there just doesn't seem to be any sort of direct communication between IW and the gamers who know their stuff. Compare that to the ongoing CS beta where professional gamers are a direct part of the balancing and design of the new CounterStrike game via the beta and nightlies. You could pick 20 random decent Call of Duty players and stick them in a room and they'd be able to point out most of the weapons misbalances within a few hours - yet it's fairly clear that not much testing was done in terms of weapons balance before the release of the game.

nuttin2say

It is somewhat humorous how people hated Black Ops but now think it was the best ever.

There is an adjustment period that most players do not take into consideration. Most players take a long time to adjust and "learn" the maps. Plus there's always new weapons, equipment, killstreaks etc that take a while to learn and get accustomed to.

Regarding "balance," I don't know what to think when it comes to the community. "Balance" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I'd hate to be a game designer. Frankly, I don't know if true "balance" can exist in a game. Even if all things were equal, you're still going to have players that have quicker reaction times than others while other players simply think out their movements more than others. How can you say a game is balanced when you've got level 1 players up against 10th prestige level 80 players? There's no balancein that.

In any case, I've never had a preference of either developer over the other. Both have their pros and cons. The volume of hacks in MW2, and eventually in MW1 and WaW became very disappointing.

Nonetheless, it looks as though MW1 will forever be my most favorite COD title. Frankly, Black Ops, overall, was a very close parallel to MW1. I enjoyed WaW but it just did not have the popularity of MW2. MW2 had a great concept, just too many bugs.

Yeah. I think I agree with others - the series is getting "old."

The mechanics of the game haven't really changed. The scenary is different. Some of the guns are different. The kill streak rewards are different. The perks, though, haven't really changed much. Aspects of them have been moved around, but at the end of the day ... they are the same perks.

I'm looking forward to what new consoles will bring to the series. If new consoles are not released next year, I may skip the next COD release.

esmorgue

What (IMO) is happening  to CoD is the marketing shift. Games like GTA, have had such a impact on CoD it is ridiculous. The ability to be "free" to do what you want with basically no "rules". Thus the corner trapping, ignoring the objectives, going for the "sick nOoBtage". Is the same as not playing the mission to unlock different missions, areas of the game. Thus, wanting everything handed to you via things made easier, cheat codes, hacks, glitches, exploits.

Yes some of us have stated things that were listened to and we see that in the last two games. Yet we have to remain vigilant as we are truly on the frontline. We have remained with this game through the yrs, these forums through the yrs. We may have our dislikes about Devs, but how could we have those without loyalty to the franchise?

That's why you see we have the biggest threads with the most constructive posts. We must keep it this way for the better result.

esmorgue

Also we have a Dev that will retort along with us it seems. More than I can say about the IWF (R.I.P), BlackOps Forum. Vahn was around a little....Thus my rages and callouts, deleted threads and near bans. Let's hope G IH A IN ID II continues to interact with us, and listen to our experience/experiences we have gained through the yrs. true some us, including myself like to clown or endup on the verge of arguement, but all in all we all mainly want the same things.

Message was edited by: esmorgue

dlundebjerg28

I wouldn't call myself a forum veteran but I've played CoD long enough to comment.

I've played every CoD since W@W, and I have only noticed improvements. Jugg MP40 ******* made me rage like no tomorrow. OMA/DC tubing ******* drove me off of XBox thinking that PS3 would be better. Then we got Black Ops. Ghost/SoH/Hacker dominated the game, but the guns were far more balanced than any previous CoD. You had the Famas and 74u, but contrary to popular belief my Galil and AK47 could beat those guns on a consistent basis. Which brings us to MW3, possibly the most balanced game perk and gun wise. No single set up dominates this game, and every gun is so overpowered they are all pretty much equal.

I guess my point is that those who complain that no strides have been made between games are fooling themselves. We've gone from Frag x3 causing endless rage to lag being the issue. There are no longer issues of balanced gameplay, simply issues of how smoothly the game runs. I have always had good internet, and I never notice this disadvantge it gives me, but thats besides the point. The games are progressing in the right direction, but the community is not.

There will never be a perfect Call of Duty game. There will always be something that could be better, and there will always be that percentage who is upset about something in the game. I wish the community as a whole would simply play the game, stop making poor excuses for deaths and just have fun. W@W was my first FPS, and I've never had my ass kicked so many times, but that game was the most fun I've ever had, because that was the only game I didn't realize what overpowered meant, and what was cheap and what was not fair to use.

I've gone back to that mentality and I'm having a blast. I rock the Type 95 and ACR as my two main classes, and everytime I hear someone cry about how overpowered they are it brings a smile to my face because I just think about how many times I murdered that kid. I wish more people in this community would play for the fun of it, and realize that its a video game, and not something to be taken seriously.

Threads like this make me laugh, I love the new releases, especialy the forums with every John and his dog shouting how the previous title was better, they were the same people complaining that title was piece of crap and now suddenly it's better ?!?!?!?!.

I've been through this from the early days at IW's forum, even before this site was functioning.

Now try to remember the many factors as to why you're thinking the game is boring or broken or w/e.

1. You are older now !!!

2. You have played these game modes before.

3. There was always lag !!!

4. It was never a completely serious shooter that's why you liked it.

5. Nothings really changed, they've just changed the scenery, the look of the weapons and some of the killstreaks.

6. If it was perfect how could you waste days, months even years of your life shouting about £50 you wasted, go smoke some pot and shout at the dealer you wasted your money or get pissed and shout at the barman, you're gonna waste a lot more money on women, cars, houses as you get older, get over it !!!

7. When you're having a good game, remember you forgot to say thankyou to the Devs. !!!

Im not a veteran on this forum, but I am a veteran of shooters in general. I agree with you 100% that the lag inst as bad as everyone crys about. It really depends on the lobby. I also agree that people just complain because they dont like dying. Its really stupid because its the challenge that real gamers are after when they buy games like these.

Also @ madfish... I think the billion and a half that gamers spent on this title, and all the records it broke, are thanks enough to the devs. If you bought me a yacht I dont think I would require a "thank you"

Have you seen the credits to the game and how much hard work actually goes into it, yes the games made a profit but those Devs didn't get a yacht off Activision just their salary, even the founders of the franchise are suing for theie bonus from MW2.

What I'm saying though before we argue pointless things is that it's actually not a bad product for what you pay and this time round they've been very quick to listen to the community and try to repair problems and balance issues unlike previous titles.

If you tally up you're game time compared to what you paid then it works out pretty good value for money, if you really don't like it then it even has a resale value so it's not all bad.

Unlike wasting £50 smoking weed or going to nightclub, that you'll just rent for the night and lose it down the toilet the next morning and feel worse than one hour playing a laggy multiplayer.

Shout by all means about hackers, exploits and bugs etc but just signing up to say you don't like it blah blah blah, well get over it !!!

nuttin2say

madfish6 wrote:

Have you seen the credits to the game and how much hard work actually goes into it, yes the games made a profit but those Devs didn't get a yacht off Activision just their salary, even the founders of the franchise are suing for theie bonus from MW2.

Good luck explaining that to people. They think $ 1 Billion in revenue = $ 1 Billion in profit.

BTW ... I DID watch the credits at the end of MW3 ... amazing the number of people involved - and that did not include a list of people at some of the third party companies involved!

I am aware that 1 billion in revenue isn't equal to 1 billion profit, but 1 billion is just what they made off of the game in the first 16 days. Accounting for the other 200 million+ they've generated from elite (which still doesn't work I might add) I feel comfortable assuming that activision has made a billion dollars off of this title.

I didn't follow all the updates and hotfix's from the previous titles, so I am not sure how they are doing now, by comparison. But I have seen a lot of post about how much more they are doing then they had on mw2 ect. For the money they have made, I do believe that more customer service isn't too much to ask for.

I rarely complain about the actual game. Lag has never been an issue for me. Things that do bother me tho: Elite doesn't work (I didn't pay for it, but I feel for those who have as it seems they are getting ripped off)

Theater on ps3 is trashed. Completely unusable. When it was working the render quality left much to be desired. It is not at all what was advertised.

I feel that activision has not provided the service they advertised at all. It's just wrong on so many levels. Companies do this all the time now, and customer service is dead in general. TBQH I do think that big corporations should be held accountable for things like this. It is unethical and should be illegal.

I feel the same way. They'll never get another penny from me again, but I still wish they were held accountable for selling me this crap that was supposed to have much more.

The clan feature itself was false advertising because when I purchased it, everything I read indicated that the game would have real clans with a leveling up feature. Not some internet clan list that does nothing.

I don't care if they are fixing anything. I paid for it to work on day 1, and I was ripped off.

There are so many other things that were a rip off. I'll never buy from Activision again.

nuttin2say

Supermanman wrote:

I am aware that 1 billion in revenue isn't equal to 1 billion profit, but 1 billion is just what they made off of the game in the first 16 days. Accounting for the other 200 million+ they've generated from elite (which still doesn't work I might add) I feel comfortable assuming that activision has made a billion dollars off of this title.

I didn't follow all the updates and hotfix's from the previous titles, so I am not sure how they are doing now, by comparison. But I have seen a lot of post about how much more they are doing then they had on mw2 ect. For the money they have made, I do believe that more customer service isn't too much to ask for.

I rarely complain about the actual game. Lag has never been an issue for me. Things that do bother me tho: Elite doesn't work (I didn't pay for it, but I feel for those who have as it seems they are getting ripped off)

Theater on ps3 is trashed. Completely unusable. When it was working the render quality left much to be desired. It is not at all what was advertised.

I feel that activision has not provided the service they advertised at all. It's just wrong on so many levels. Companies do this all the time now, and customer service is dead in general. TBQH I do think that big corporations should be held accountable for things like this. It is unethical and should be illegal.

Other than the revenue vs profit and what is "enough" profit, you've got a reasonable post here. I agree that things should be working. I understand that things may not go perfect at release and I understand that it might take up to 90 days to get things in reasonable order.

My big thing is the  cheats and hacks. But whether it is Elite not working properly or theater not working properly or there being too many cheaters, all the people using this software have REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS that things should be working properly.

There ARE things that can be done ... but not yet. You have to give them plenty of room to fix the these things. Reasonable to you and me is different than reasonable in the world of "things that can be done." To be fair beyond all doubt ... we have to be patient a little longer.

I'm thinking by the end of February they'll have everything worked out to the degree that what issues remain will be on an individual  basis, not issues that affect the entire game. When it gets to that part, they've delivered what can be reasonably be expected.

esmorgue

Supermanman wrote:

Im not a veteran on this forum, but I am a veteran of shooters in general. I agree with you 100% that the lag inst as bad as everyone crys about. It really depends on the lobby. I also agree that people just complain because they dont like dying. Its really stupid because its the challenge that real gamers are after when they buy games like these.

Also @ madfish... I think the billion and a half that gamers spent on this title, and all the records it broke, are thanks enough to the devs. If you bought me a yacht I dont think I would require a "thank you"

You sir are missing the point of what he is saying. All the things that went wrong with MW2-Black Ops, they changed in some fashion. Ghost, SoH, OMA/DC, Scavenger among other things.

esmorgue

Threads like this make me laugh, I love the new releases, especialy the forums with every John and his dog shouting how the previous title was better, they were the same people complaining that title was piece of crap and now suddenly it's better ?!?!?!?!.

I've been through this from the early days at IW's forum, even before this site was functioning

@madfish: I agree. Though on the IWF [R.I.P] we really had noone to listen to us. Due to the shake up. Well as far as MW2 was concerned. Alot of the whining comes from those that {IMO} started playing CoD partly in the middle of MW2s demise, or started fresh with Black Ops and went back to MW2 to try and get some stripes. Yet somehow they think no one knows before those games or before the exploitation began in MW2 [the heavy exploitation]. OMA/DC is as bad as MLCing, or SOH/SP on an Intervertion. Somehow to me though this forum has the sense of pre puberty floating all over.

Message was edited by: esmorgue

nuttin2say

@ esmorgue

LMAO thinking about how many threads I've seen regarding lag.

"Why can't they do it like COD4? That game had no lag."

Yeah, right. Not only was COD4 and WaW laden with lag, people have no clue that it was those two games that gave us the host migration system that began with MW2 (which, btw, in all appearances looks to not have changed much until MW3 ... but that's just my opinion).

Back in COD4 and WaW the biggest complaint was that there were people using lag switches and modded controllers.

These kids that cry about modded controllers these days have no clue what it was like to go up against a real modded controller. And lag? Ha! How about watching the guy youre trying to kill simply freeze on your screen, you empty all your ammo in him ... and then suddenly the screen starts moving again and not only are you dead, you discover your whole team - which was spread out across an entire map - has also been killed by that guy that was frozen on your screen.

A couple weeks ago I saw someone else also reference what I refer to as the "Three Days O'Tube" - infinite, full auto grenade launchers and AC130s screaching so loud your ears would burst. That was from MW2 - as you describe, the beginning of the demise of MW2 (which is probably what lead to the big shake-up at IW).

You're absolutely right - there's tons of people that haven't seen the worst COD has to offer. Yet, so many of us have hung in there and gave Activision another shot.

Seems to work out. MW3 is by far not the worst moment in COD history. Black Ops, too. I really did not get wtf people were complaining about with BO. To me, BO was an "updated" version of COD4. Activision really reigned in on cheats with BO. I see some questionable things on the leaderboards ... but the crack-down on cheats in BO did not come until after the new year. In fact, if I recall correctly the biggest crack-down came in March following the release. They have to focus on bugs for now.

I'll close on this note. For the first time in COD history, I actually know WTF people are talking about with the lag issue surrounding lag compensation. IW has done an awesome job of eliminating general lag so that now I can actually see when lag compensation is affecting my game.

And to be frank, I've had to overcome much larger lag issues than this joke. This is nothing to overcome.

I love the fact that now 80% to 90% of my matches I'm running 4 bars. 4 bars means I don't have to adjust for lag. 3 bars, though, that's when I see the lag.

And after this latest patch I've not seen a single 2 bar or less connection in any lobby.

esmorgue

@nuttin2say: That is one of the biggest lies told on the Forums. "I never lagged on CoD4 or W@W". Now I know when some are talking of the degree of the lag between connections with someone else {as far as being a bit slower than them} and the GAME lagging. Just generaly people that have been around a while and arent going full blown OMGWTFLOL grzzzzz the LAGGGGG..

kastro187420

I don't think it's so much "I never lagged", but anyone who still has Call of Duty 4 and World at War, play the game for about a half an hour, then play MW3 or Black Ops and tell me there isn't a noticeable differencei n the connections. While you still lag, the connections in CoD4/WaW (when not connected to a foriegn host) are far superior to MW3 and Black Ops.

I recently played World at War just a few days ago, and it was amazing at how great the hit detection and overall connections were. I didn't encounter any situation where a death could genuinely be blamed on Lag/Hit Detection, despite plenty of deaths.

You can't say the same about MW3 and Black Ops.

esmorgue

kastro187420 wrote:

I don't think it's so much "I never lagged", but anyone who still has Call of Duty 4 and World at War, play the game for about a half an hour, then play MW3 or Black Ops and tell me there isn't a noticeable differencei n the connections. While you still lag, the connections in CoD4/WaW (when not connected to a foriegn host) are far superior to MW3 and Black Ops.

I recently played World at War just a few days ago, and it was amazing at how great the hit detection and overall connections were. I didn't encounter any situation where a death could genuinely be blamed on Lag/Hit Detection, despite plenty of deaths.

Oh hell no. These two games have taken on something far worse than the original connection issues that were brought about by influx of players coming online, ISPs just stepping up and expanding with minimal speeds. Now you have so many varying speeds that I do not think these servers that are being used can actually deal with the connections. I say that because if you think about your connection being A and they say you only need F, Well Hell Kell, where is the letters in between gone to? Is it just bottle necked, has it vanished, is someone else getting to use it?

Its true that those games have a different feel to them. I suppose it is the servers on them are fairly less rundown, due to there not being as many people having been on them for countless hrs as the numbers in players jumped enormously from MW2 on up.

Yet MW2 by far had the most....I guess real time feeling to me. By no means can I say the older brother and the cousin were as bad as what is going on now.

nuttin2say

kastro187420 wrote:

You're comparing apples and oranges to see which one is more yellow.

Not only that, I also played BOTH MW1 and WaW within the last four days. The best connection I could get with MW1 was 2 bars. Which is about what my average connection was during that games' prime.

I've got nearly a year's worth of in-game time put into MW1. Don't tell me the connection "was" better with COD4 than it is with Black Ops or MW3. It wasn't even close. WaW used the same system that was in MW1.

MW2 had one big change - they modified it so that if the player hosting the match lagged for more than a certain amount of time, host migration set in. This was done to combat people that were using lag switches.

Now I don't know for certain what they've done with MW3, but Black Ops had the exact same system that MW2 had. From what I can tell, the only big difference they've done with MW3 is that they've forced localization. Hence, no option for global or local match-making.

So knowing all that, how the hell are you going to say one is better than the other?? It's the same damn code, for pete's sake!

Last night I was in a game and at the end the guy with the best score had a 1 red bar. Lag compensation is still broken when you see stuff like that.

vims1990

We all hate dying in a FPS shooter, no one can deny it....I hate dying

We all wish we could run around the map without any consequences

I tend to blame my deaths on lag alot. Anytime I pump half a clip & suddenly die in a couple of bullets, I know something's not right. Most of the time, I say "He probably had a crap connection," "Lag compensation really fuc*ed me over this time" or "If only I wasn't host, I would have killed him" etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are times where I'm unaware of my surroundings or I look at my radar too much therefore I can accept those deaths.

One thing I'm trying to accept is that when I die (whether we think it's legitimate or we see b.s.), I can respawn. In S&D, sure that's difficult considering you have one life per round but I'm no S&D player anyone.

I've given up on weapon balance discussions. I'll discuss it BUT I don't think they'll be any action. I've come to the realisation that if it's in the game, it's in the game. I'll use it & possibly piss alot of people off in the process. But considering they're using it against me, I'll use it back whether it's using a Type 95 with rapid fire or akimbo FMG 9's.

I'll be more than happen to see the akimbo feature being taken off machine pistols BUT it'll never happen judging from past history with COD weapon tweaks.

As a COD Veteran since COD1 on PC, I've seen the game turn to crap. There's always that annoying perk or weapon that caters to the younger generation of COD players.

No one remembers what COD1 or even COD2 was like as it was basic, it was about your weapon & it did require precision & skill.

Everyone will say....COD4 will always be my favourite COD.

Not me, I still believe both COD1 & COD2 will always be my favourite COD.

esmorgue

@Vims: FH, BIg Red One. As my start to this drug. Yet CoD4 just opened me up like ta surgeon and hooked the dope up straight to my heart.

vims1990

Didn't play Big Red One & COD3 as it never came to PC.

The only COD I didn't get a chance to play on PC was the expansion to COD1 was United Offensive.

COD4 was Activision's baby...the COD that the gaming community opened up to. Despite some of it's flaws, it was still considered one of the greatest COD titles.

I wish COD1/COD2 recjeved the same recognition as well. Even though it was limited to what you do, it provided the greatest campaigns & the best multiplayer maps including Carentan, Brecourt, Pavlov, Toujane & St. Mere Eglise.

These two missions bring me fond memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WEFIeqnkU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuuGEihglf8

triiviium- wrote:

I understand many of you are frustrated with MW3 just like you were with Black Ops. Every CoD that comes out we cry about this gun being overpowered we cry about lag we cry about whatever. I understand arguing and discussing things is how games evolve, change, and get better.

This thread is like many others that asks why do you constantly stay with the COD series if the last 4 or 5 titles weren't to your likings? Sure when I play and your in my lobby with me you will hear me scream on how I died and how bullsh@# it was, we all do it and I think I know why

we don't like dying!!!! I constantly see many of you on here every day posting on peoples threads saying things like "this is a pile of shlt game" "F#CK IW THEY NEVER LISTEN" "kids on Christmas will be taking it back once they see how horrible it is" the list goes on.

So I ask you seasoned veterans why if many of you bltched on the last 3 or 4 titles on how this is the worst COD ever, do you still get on the forums almost everyday. Why do you keep buying COD titles thinking "well maybe this time will be different" why do you even waste your time?

I have really good Internet so why to many of you do you say if you have good Internet you lag if you have crap Internet you'll dominate? Sure I lag here and there but more than 90% of my matches run great. I have had the same amount of lag in the last 4 titles so what is yalls issue?

Rage me, flame me, hate me, wont hurt my felling's. I'm just annoyed.

I'm with you on this. we all get pissed if we die in a BS way. the way i see it is if it's a legit complaint (host migration, really bad lag, and respawn problems) then it's just us gamers wanting those problems fixed. If players are crying over other players play styles ( this style is better then that style) and want ppl punshed for it then those ppl need to grow up. We all have our good matches/bad matches, we all play to win, and we all play to have fun.

triiviium-

The only thing I really complain about right now is ELITE, I paid for it and have been seriously taken advantage of. It sounded like a great thing before we had it but it only takes one bad experience to make me not want to reup my subscription next year.

I personally don't give a crap about Elite, I did the maths and bought hardened as it worked out cheaper than getting the map packs seperately and you got Elite for free.

It is a new feature so like when you buy a car and it gets a recall be patient, even the best technicians in the world can't get everything perfect, so lets see how they get on and see if they can fix it before we shout how crap it is, although I've looked at it and unless you clan play can't really see anything other than what the leaderboards tell you, I haven't looked at it that hard before someone flames !!!

rlbl

agreed 100%

Elite (basic) is free.  The DLC is cheaper when you buy the premium, and even cheaper if you bought the hardened edition.

My take was this: I always buy the DLC, so buying the Hardened edition was a no brainer.

But about the game and COD series?

I thought to myself, if MW3 is good, I was never going to buy another COD game for a long time and stick with Black Ops amd MW3 (switch between the two).

If MW3 was crap, I would rent BO2 and see if I like it. If no, see above.

What I will likely do: Rent BO2 either way, and see above.  I only really keep moving forward with the games as I like to play with my close gaming friends... but shelling out the cash is getting old (not that I cannot afford it, it is a thing of principal for me).  If I do not move to BO2, I will obviously now renew my elite premium membership.

But I say that now...

triiviium-

I bought the hardened edition also. Reason, because I always buy all the DLC. I'm just upset that they aren't giving us another free month on our subscriptions, because almost all the features promised we still dont have.