18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2011 5:47 PM by ryanjm58 RSS

Where do you rank in the world?

Going by score I'm about 315,500 in the world.

Play on PS3.

Please try to be truthful.

• Re: Where do you rank in the world?
    BuddyVA

Where can I find this information? Elite doesn't show overall score. It only shows score of individual game modes.

My highest is rank is 28,429 in Kill Confirmed and my second is 30,792 in Domination. I play a lot of ground war.

kweinger

rank 63 in kill confirmed

TexasVic74

Is there actually a way to view an "overall rank"? I thought it was just by game mode?

sennalike

The only time I really bother looking at the leaderboards is when a thread like this crops up.  I only play domination so it is the only one that holds any real interest.  Just looked at the top 15 players, number 14 has 2372 caps, 3379 defends and 76054 kills, think he kill whores much?  Clearly you don't have to play the objective to get high in the leaderboards; which is why I don't pay much attention to them.

For the record I am 10860 in the same leaderboard with 2673 caps, 1609 defends and 10484 kills.  So I have more caps (the objective of domination) than the player who is 14th, but considerably less kills (not the objective).

I think you get the point I'm making.

malditor

Technically, domination isn't just about capturing but capturing and holding. Therefore the best way to score the best players would be by going by captures and defends with some consideration to kills because not all defensive kills will happen close enough to fall into that category. I guess it's too hard to come up with the correct calculations to truly signify the best players per gametype, just easier to say so-n-so has the most kills therefore they MUST be the best.

sennalike

I agree there is more to domination than capping and "pure" defending", particularly those kills when someone is about to enter the cap area, which is why it is difficult to really capture in a leaderboard.  But it is also much easier to get kills in an objective game like domination when you know roughly where the enemy are likely to be or be heading.

I'm not sure it is easier to just say the most kills must be the best, I would say that is just the lazy way.  You could do all sorts of things, for example have a second or even third radius around flags that don't count as areas for capping but are included in terms of a defend for the killers stats, and maybe even give the points/xp for those kills.  You could also give credit for people who go over half the time on capping a flag but then die before actually getting it, i.e. those who try to cap but get killed.  I've had games when I've been close to capping multiple times only to die at the last second.  All these are just elements that could easily be added, whether you agree with those specifically doesn't matter, they are just a couple of ideas, there are many others.  But they aren't added out of lazyness.

Instead we have a system that is flawed in so many ways the leaderboards are just pointless, except for street cred to the kids who take them seriously.

elflembo

Yeah gotta agree with this score is based on time played and is not a reflection of ability, mate of mine is ranked 620 something in hc dom prestige 5 just under six days played I am ranked 3200 with same approx amount of caps and defends but half as many kills prestige 2 3.5 days played.

With same time played confident I would be ranked higher than him as I play the game mode objective

score- 279,541  kills- 85,678  CTF- 921

Rank doesnt matter to me as its a game. if i were the best in the world at football (soccer) then yes id be over the moon or even the best sniper in the british army - that would be an accolade and a half! but as this is a game and ranking system is awful, then tbh, i dont really care.

dastealth

My best rank is top 10000 of Team Defender. It jumps up and down depending on how much I play. What is really bad is the Wins leaderboard. I had almost as many wins as a 10th prestige and I'm 3rd prestige but because he has those wins even though his Ratio is really bad he still ranks higher... It should probably rank that one by W/L Ratio not the amount of kills you have

epicpwnage

team defender , 6,056

epicpwnage

team defender , 6,056

ryanjm58

Domination - 5,521

2,996 caps * 1,241 defends * 16,394 kills * 1,530,510 score