1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 245 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 11:41 AM by adam_camm Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

i had a similar prob... try this.... while your ps3 is laying flat (not standing on end) tilt the front of the ps3 up, leaving the back end level- lifting to about 45 degree (maybe a bit more) put the disc in while doing this, if the disc is read then  im sorry to say its your ps3, a mount on the Drive has become loose and it stopping the disc from being read and by tilting it up make the mount move thus allowing the ps3 to read the disc.....

• 71. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Mine works fine

• 72. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

If the people who are having this issue, even after getting replacment coppies of mw3 then its not the disk's that are causing it. It seems you be your ps3's

Someone said about turing the theater mode off as its always saving to disk, maybe the disk quota for mw3 is full on the system andso it cannot save anything else causing a read error?

Either way its not the disks, I agree that on ps3's this games needs to be able to be installe don HHD as it WILL eventaully f**k your blu-ray drive up as its always reading from disk... Then there will be lawsuites agains IW/ACTV .

• 73. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

read and sign HDD install petition

• 74. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error
    karma&effect

I am too, having the problem with the PS3 disc read error....I have also tried using a blueray disc and regular movie discs and no problem, I have cleaned, cleaned and done every single thing I could to troubleshoot this issue...Other than the MW3, the PS3 works great. No disc read errors except for the game...??? What to do at this point?

• 75. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error
    karma&effect

I am too, having the problem with the PS3 disc read error....I have also tried using a blueray disc and regular movie discs and no problem, I have cleaned, cleaned and done every single thing I could to troubleshoot this issue...Other than the MW3, the PS3 works great. No disc read errors except for the game...??? What to do at this point?

• 76. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Having exactly the same problem, PS3 plays bluerays fine, can play black ops for hours on end, but having disc read error with MW3 for past 2 days, have got over 3 days of gametime and it has only just started playing up. Rang Sony who told me to ring activision, rang them and they basically said its the disc, tried explaining that other people have exchanged the disc with no luck and he said it must be my PS3, which i highly doubt coz it works fine with everything but MW3. They also told me to ring the place where i got the game from to see if i can exchange it there, which i cant coz i lost my receipt and it has been over 30 days, the only other option apart from buying a new disc is to send the one i have currently to America to be replaced, from Australia. What a joke, was loving this game, now it is seriously p!ssing me off.

• 77. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

Well bought a new disc and all is good.. so far

• 78. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

It sucks you guys can't play the game whatsoever but for me I am trying to ge tthe platinum trophy for this game and I can't load the spec ops mission "Fire Mission" and that is the last one I need to beat on veteran I get disc read error if I am the guy on the ground and I freeze if I am the ac 130 guy before it even loads

• 79. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Disc Read Error

download save games .. and place the save game folder named "players2" in game dir.

skip that shitty mission which makes that disc read error...  this is one of the best solution for single player.

it will work for sure..

sorry for bad english ..

good day ..

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next