1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 12:18 AM by crushphoto21 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

The good old "you don't agree with me, so I'll just ignore you" response...CLASSIC.

• 61. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare
    iverbure

hmmm similar to what you are doing with my posts? weird? CLASSIC.

also its alright for you to have an opinion yours just happens to be wrong.

• 62. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

Never once included my "emotions". But ok.

It's not core, it's ricochet. That's why they call it HC ricochet. If it were core you'd get more hit markers with air strikes, and flash bangs wouldn't effect you at all.

Sarcasm aside, what would make you happy?! Classic HC with team kills and a time out, 3 TK kick rule (keep in mind what you're arguing for...half of which would get you kicked and give you a loss), or ricochet? I'm not saying (or never have said) ricochet is perfect, but it's definitely the best system to battle team killers.

And how come no one answers me?! How many times a game are you team killing (resulting in your death)?! It's happened to me =<5 times since the update. Before it I was roughly getting TK'd that many times a game, ruining my streaks and effecting my KD.

• 63. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

hmm similar to what you are doing with my posts? weird? CLASSIC.  also its alright for you to have an opinion yours just happens to be wrong.

First, this post wasn't my original thread.  Your point is addressing a playing style problem.  Those types of accidents only happen when a team does not communicate.  When I play with people I call out where an airstrike is going in advance.  It is up to them if they move or not.  Usually this results in no casulties to the guys who use a mic.  If you don't have a mic you should play free-for-all.  The whole point in the other games is to work as a team.  I still believe having a vote to kick a player also fixes this problem more efficiently.  If I am playing with my usual friends they may prefer being killed by my airstrike as apposed to losing the position.

• 64. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare
    rankismet

WarEmblem27 wrote:

Never once included my "emotions". But ok.

It's not core, it's ricochet. That's why they call it HC ricochet. If it were core you'd get more hit markers with air strikes, and flash bangs wouldn't effect you at all.

Sarcasm aside, what would make you happy?! Classic HC with team kills and a time out, 3 TK kick rule (keep in mind what you're arguing for...half of which would get you kicked and give you a loss), or ricochet? I'm not saying (or never have said) ricochet is perfect, but it's definitely the best system to battle team killers.

And how come no one answers me?! How many times a game are you team killing (resulting in your death)?! It's happened to me =<5 times since the update. Before it I was roughly getting TK'd that many times a game, ruining my streaks and effecting my KD.

It's not Core... It's Core Plus.

You throw a crappy flash bang in Core, it will affect you. You can still blow yourself up with a nade.

The issue has never been friendly fire but the BK's who grief with it to get their jollies off.

• 65. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

Calm down special-ed. I can only respond to one person at a time. I know you probably think the world revolves around you, but guess what, adults are trying to have a conversation (I imagine you get that a lot).

Again, you're still talking about BO?! For your rolling thunder analogy, so you're saying you should kill your team (and get kicked from the game)? You're saying that' the best way to go about it? You're clearly an idiot for having so many air-strikes for kill streaks in a HC game mode, and with what you're arguing with, you'd get kicked from just about every game. When did I even say anything about a rolling thunder or dropping it on teammates?! I think you live in a fantasy world. All I'm saying, and I've ever said, is that if you're dumb enough to drop an air-strike on a teammate, you should be punished, not your teammate.

And it's ok to be retarded, we'll all come visit you at the movie theater!

• 66. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

I wouldn't go as far as using the term "core-plus" that's been circulating these forums, but why should I get flashed or naded because you can't check your map quickly (hypothetical question)?!

Ricochet makes you responsible for yourself and your actions. I know they did it for teamkillers (which was an incredible amount in MW3), and I've never really had that big of an issue with team killing. It's when you get green names that are so stupid &amp; have no awareness of what's going on that it becomes a problem.

I think the solution should be change TDM to HC and keep everything else ricochet. Keep it like MW2 and I'm sure more people would be happy.

What would your solution be?

• 67. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare
    rankismet

WarEmblem27 wrote:

What would your solution be?

This...

In game punishment

* Multiple TK's in the first 30 seconds of a game results in an instant kick of the offender and the match to be restarted.

* Three friendly fire kills gives you a 30 second time out.

* 5 friendly fire kills gives you a 2 minute time out.

Post game punishment

* Automatic 24 hour ban for offenders who are kicked out of three games in a one hour period.

* Automatic 72 hour ban for offenders who receive three 24 hour bans.

* Possible permanent ban for offenders who receive three 72 hour bans.

• 68. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

I'll answer you, lets be constructive here...

I'm taking it you play in a party mostly? I don't, I'm finding it hard cheifly because my freinds list dont play HC - nor did I before loving HC Dom. So its happening quite frequently for me, I snipe now and then, get a lot of name didnt render crap (even though I wait a few secs). When I don't I'm getting greif from predator missles etc because some team mates are where they shouldnt be.

Airstrikes a joke, as someone else says If I hit one team mate and 4 enemy I then respawn to fast (no choice) and suicide 3 times. The real crux of this problem for me is since introducing support the majority of randoms play like crap - constant rushing to cap the world all game. This causes my team to be in the wrong place, and please do not over look the fact there are no friendly markers on a predator etc... Why??

Its causing no end of issues with your team mates simply not giving a shite if they run on to a nade or in to the line of fire because they wont get affected at all. There is not right and wrong on this, just a divided community of players who shouldn't have had things taken away in the first place.

• 69. Re: Hardcore: Ricochet On Domination = Nightmare

@rank, not a bad idea, and to be honest the occasional teamkill doesn't bother me at all. Like you guys already stated its part of the game. I'd honestly have no problem with the former system as long as it didn't count towards a death for you. That's the one thing I liked about BO. I can handle losing a streak every now and then, but when my KD goes from 15-5 to 15-10 in one game due to teamkills it just gets frustrating.  I feel like it'd be hard for IW to monitor that ban rule tho...even though I wouldn't mind seeing TKers getting banned. They're what's wrong with the hardcore community.

@7, ya I try my hardest to roll with a full team, which hasn't been particularly easy...lately I've been rolling with 3 others and playing team tac.  The 3 game modes I stick to are Dom, HQ, and SnD.

Every now and then you'll hit a teammate with a pred, but it's not that hard to see teammates with a pred...I'm pretty sure they have strobes on them if you look closely (can't remember if it's with a pred or with a reaper). And air strikes are an ok KS, but it's high risk either way you look at it. You could accidentally hit a teammate with it, or hit buildings and get no kills at all. I'd venture to say that it's not a very popular KS in any hardcore game mode.

I think my main point that got lost in the arguing with others was, how many times do these accidental TKs (leading to suicides) happen to people?! I can see an occasional car bomb once every 10 games, but I feel like people are exaggerating a little bit. I would go out to say I'm a pretty cautious player, and wouldn't have a problem if other people played a little smarter too.

Again, ricochet isn't perfect, but I prefer it because I have more control over my deaths.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next