1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 3:22 AM by IrishPowah Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks
    mdub

platinumb wrote:

Counter UAV and Advanced UAV should effect all players. Neither perk should stop that.

No, they shouldnt. You have been lead to believe that you require red dots on a map to get kills. Your fix is.... play hardcore and you will become twice the player. You will soon realize that red dots on a map should have stayed in Halo and that good players require only their eyes,ears, and brains.

• 51. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks
    mdub

mickilla wrote:

You're joking, right?

Killstreaks running amok, explosive spam aplenty, poorly designed recoilless automatics, and compared to things like that keeping off radar is overpowered? Whatever happened to just using your eyes to find targets?

Granted that lately the map design and spawn system have been muddling the linearity of the maps further and further, but that too is a point that would need to be addressed either way. I too believe that part of the problem for aggressive players is that you simply can't make a push. But let's stop to examine why that is.

Most of it is because the maps aren't anywhere remotely linear. Teams are constantly migrating around and often both sides spawn around one another in a completely random fashion. Believe it or not this was even more an issue in Black Ops than it was in MW2. You aren't getting ambushed because the magic stealth perks allow these guys to just pop out of the woodwork, you're getting ambushed because the bad guys are spawning right into ambush positions. Combine that with the amount of superfluous streaks and its no wonder why normal aggressive classes can't afford to stick their neck out.

You want a real solution to this? Cut down the amount of lethal killstreaks. The devs said they want to bring back the gun on gun gameplay, but honestly I don't trust them to do it unless someone forces them to. Less killstreaks means that players without stealth perks can afford to make a move in the open. Next, look at map design. Good maps aren't dolled up with unnecessary clutter and visual obstruction. They also shouldn't be amorphous blobs. A workable map needs sides to it, and players spawning on either side need to collect at a focal point in the center. If its more obvious where your side is, where you're going, and where the bad guys are coming from, who needs radar to find targets?

**** me! This guy gets it. I would give you three thumbs up if a had an extra. Why arent you making MW3?

• 52. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks

For me, in Black ops, I could care less whether people used Ghost or not. I dont need a red dot on a mini map to kill somebody. Its more just the fact that I felt like I was at such a disadvantage if I didnt use ghost because nearly every one else did so if they had a uav up I was screwed because they knew exactly where i was. Its exactly like cod4, waw, and mw2. in those games if you werent using stopping power you felt at a disadvantage. in my opinion, thats what makes an overpowered perk. i dont know if thats how its gonna be in mw3 with assasin/blind eye, but thats what worries me

• 53. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks

mdub wrote:

platinumb wrote:

Counter UAV and Advanced UAV should effect all players. Neither perk should stop that.

No, they shouldnt. You have been lead to believe that you require red dots on a map to get kills. Your fix is.... play hardcore and you will become twice the player. You will soon realize that red dots on a map should have stayed in Halo and that good players require only their eyes,ears, and brains.

The point about that is for other perks to have use, not for two perks to dominate in their tiers and dumb down everything. This was seen in BO with the Blue tier being ruled by Ghost and Flak Jacket.

Now we have something that makes Ghost laughable. Immune to Counters and Advanced UAV? This is going to cause more slower gameplay.

It is not about going after red dots, it is for balance. Hardcore doesn't fix that (since gameplay there is extremely slow).

• 54. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks
    mickilla

The balance is that for someone to put together a stealth class they'd have to use up at least two perk slots and probably their attachment slot too. They use up so much of their inventory and they become no better at direct confrontations than before. If you can just find a stealth player, then all of the slots he used to avoid being found have just been wasted. The counter to a stealth class is that any other loadout will have advantages in a straight fight. There may no longer be a clear-cut combat perk like stopping power or juggernaut, but even the lesser combat perks like steady aim, quickdraw, etc. will be an edge in direct combat if you can just spot the guy.

Remember, the stealth perks do absolutely nothing except allow their user to be ignored by streaks. You shouldn't need streaks just to gain kills or to spot targets. Just get your hands dirty a little and you'll have the upper hand every single time. If you're worried that its too much of an advantage to not have to worry about the streaks, then why not consider downsizing the streak sysem? It was icing on the cake in COD4, but it was bloated out of proportion from then onwards.

• 55. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks

Would just like to second this remark--we'll all be complaining about BE & A soon enough, I'm sure.

• 56. Re: Blind eye and Assassin perks

I am still skeptical. People in BO always said that Blackbird and Counters were perfect ways to put down Ghost. Now there is very little to counter it or at least affect them if any at all. Of course I am capable of just using my senses, but that is not the point.

I do agree that killstreaks need to be dumbed down and not have so much of an effect in the game. They make Search and Destroy a f*uckfest and tend to make players camp even more when on offense and not getting the bomb planted. Search and Destroy should be more on gun battles and I think any killstreak that has the potential to actually give you one round shouldn't come in care packages or be obtain. There should be a fair warning in the description of the gamemode.

• 57. Blind eye and Assassin perks

If you love hardline pro in black ops then sorry but your not an above average "veteran" player. Well maybe just about average. And i love that hardline in MW3 is in the 2 tier slot. Inexperienced players will use it which make the UAV still useable

• 58. Blind eye and Assassin perks

This would never work. You couldnt create a playstyle around this.You cant have pro perks specifically designed around one piece of equipment or attachment.

Stealth players should be able to stealth. but have to sacrifice something in return.

• 59. Blind eye and Assassin perks

INFINITY WARD OR ACTIVITION JUSNT NEEDS TO PUT THE ASSASSIN AND BLIND EYE PERKS IN THE SAME TIER AND ANYTHING ELSE OF THAT NATURE TO MAKE THOSE PEKS BALANCED, all they need to do is keep the perks the same and just put them all in the same tier and the perk balance problem should be fixed.

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next