1 2 3 Previous Next 425 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 11:47 AM by LordCronos RSS

Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

vileself
This website is glitchy. I typed out a post in a Word document and when I try to copy and paste it into here it wont let me update the thread. I actually have to physically type it in here in order for it to show up, which is total bull. So my OP is gone now unfortunately. Im gonna see if I can paste it into a general reply and post it that way.

Message was edited by: vileself

• 1. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    matuzz

Shotguns should also kill across the map just like AR, LMG, SMG and Sniper.

And don't for get Riot Shield it needs to lunge at least 30 meters.

Beacause otherwivese you can't compete with AR, SMG and LMG ;_; Byhyyyy.....

Seriosly don't use sniper if you can't get kills without runing around and Quick Scoping....

Gues what you have Pistol/Machine Pistol to use in Close range :O Shoking!

MW2 was horrible with kids runing around trying to Quick Scope in SnD.

Black Ops snipers were perfect.

• 2. Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

If you say a sniper rifle can barely out perform an assault rifle at long range you are probably doing it wrong. Quickscoping does not need to be in the game. If you have a long ranged weapon and some comes close to you switch to your pistol and put some shots down range, and see what happens. It might just surprise you.

Make sure you press L1 or LT depending on your console to aim up before you start shooting with a scoped weapon. You might find better results.

• 3. Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    itribulationz

All of this.

• 4. Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

Shotguns have benefits that snipers dont have like maneuverability and hip fire accuracy. Riot Shields are a defensive weapon, not an offensive weapon.

Look at it this way though, If Im using a sniper and I come into close contact with an AR user what is my best chance of surviving? Switching to secondary and trying to take him out with a machine pistol, or aiming and shooting with the gun that Im already holding. The fact is that both of these choices will probably end up getting you killed because the ARs shoot like lasers and with a 30 round mag there is no penalty for missing. Seriously though, if I can aim and shoot on target faster than an AR can spray me then I deserve the kill. Not to mention that in a fast paced environment where you die in a fraction of a second your best chance is to scope in quickly and hope that you're aim is good so you can take out close impending threats.

• 5. Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    iif0xh0undii

A sniper rifle is a weapon of finesse. You need to be skilled with it and know how and when to use it properly. Otherwise you will and should be outgunned at close range. You have a pistol, machine pistols, and equiptment to help you with your situation. Use them. Don't invent and defend some last resort as a constant application of engagement which is justified only because of the user's need for montage content, lack of comprehension or acquired perception and paranoia.

• 6. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

vileself wrote:

Shotguns have benefits that snipers dont have like maneuverability and hip fire accuracy. Riot Shields are a defensive weapon, not an offensive weapon.

Look at it this way though, If Im using a sniper and I come into close contact with an AR user what is my best chance of surviving? Switching to secondary and trying to take him out with a machine pistol, or aiming and shooting with the gun that Im already holding. The fact is that both of these choices will probably end up getting you killed because the ARs shoot like lasers and with a 30 round mag there is no penalty for missing. Seriously though, if I can aim and shoot on target faster than an AR can spray me then I deserve the kill. Not to mention that in a fast paced environment where you die in a fraction of a second your best chance is to scope in quickly and hope that you're aim is good so you can take out close impending threats.

Ok if you run into somebody with your sniper rifle out that is your fault. If you are actually moving to a position to do some real sniping you should already have your pistol out. Now if someone sneaks up on you that is a diffrent story. You will die either way, but if you are moving between positioins take out your pistol. You cant argue that there is a need for quickscoping.

• 7. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

Telling people to  "switch to your secondary for close range encounters" is far easier said than done. Have you guys ever played CoD before? Any AR or SMG will MURDER you before you get your machine pistol out of the holster. You will have to already have it out and ready before the AR enemy gets onto your screen, otherwise you will die while you are pulling it out.

Your best chance of survival is to use the weapon you have in your hand. If that weapon is useless at close-med range then no one is gonna wanna use it, hence why sniper rifles are underused in Black Ops. Even on large maps like Silo and Hazard its still rediculously easy for an AR or SMG player to close distance on a sniper and kill them from within closer ranges.

Think about it people, do you want a game that has a variety of weapons used like in MW2 or do you want a game that is run by ARs like Black Ops?

• 8. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

If you cant predetermine what kind of engagement you are heading into then you probably deserve to die anyway. If you know you are moving through an area where people are moving around you you should already have your pistol out.

• 9. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

In a perfect world that seems ideal but this is CoD. There is no 'know when to use it and use it properly'. Your goal is to stay alive, if you see an enemy you MUST shoot them fast or they will kill you. The fact that an SMG player can run accross an entire map in 5-10 seconds means that there is no such thing as a long range advantage for sniper rifles. The lack of recoil on ARs means that there is no long range advantage for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles need close range capabilities in order to defend against other players who are covering the entire map.

1 2 3 Previous Next