1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 425 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 11:47 AM by LordCronos Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

trying to snipe the enemy when you have no other choise is one thing, using quickscoping as a primary strategy for getting kills is another.

• 21. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    matuzz

Stop saying that Pistols scuk

• 22. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

No, Im not saying you should never die Im saying you should always have a chance to survive. Pistols and Machine Pistols are capable of defeating AR/SMG users but they are still ouclassed a great deal. That cant be argued.

Saying not to use snipers on maps that arent suitable for it is unfair because like I said, even on maps like Silo and Hazard where sniper rifles are supposed to shine, its still far too easy to close the distance and **** people with an AR or SMG. I had a 30-4 round on Hazard the other day with an MPL. I used Lightweight and Marathon and I was basically un-killable by the enemy snipers. Once I got up close they were easy pickings.

Sometimes Im on the other end of the spectrum. I like to snipe on Hazard so its usually my first weapon of choice but then all of a sudden I have AR and SMG guys flanking me from all angles and even if I can switch to my secondary fast enough there isnt much I can do against a fully automatic AR that has more ammo per mag and a faster TTK. So in games like this my best choice is to switch classes to an AR or SMG just so I can compete with the flanking players on the other team. Sniper rifles shouldnt be inferior to the point where they cause me to switch classes yet they are in Black Ops. In MW2 this wasn't a problem because I could use my Sniper to defend myself in close range encounters. As one person said, 80% of close range sniper attempts are a fail anyways, so its not like I will win every encounter but I should definately have the option to use my sniper at close range if it means living or dying.

• 23. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

Maps, SoH Pro, and hit detection are the reasons for snipers being so inferior in BO. Half of the maps suited mid range to CQB gameplay, SoH Pro effected everything but sniper rifles and it shouldn't belong in the game since it causes problems, and hit detection throws off many snipers.

The weapons played a part in the snipers being inferior, but those three reasons drew down the use for them the most it seems.

• 24. Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

I agree. The problem is that I doubt there will be any maps in MW3 that are catered and suitable for affective sniping, hence why they need to be capable at all ranges much like an AR or SMG.

• 25. Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    matuzz

No, no, no......

You are just to stubborn to realize that snipers are long range weapons.....

I give up.

• 26. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

If there are good amount of open maps, there is no need for Quickdraw to affect snipers. It is already a problem that something that OHKs you is so easy to do and makes shotguns jelly.

Their niche is long range anyways, not killing in CQB. Having a sniper rifle out in CQB should be a penalty for that player using it.

• 27. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    rankismet

vileself wrote:

Because Snipers are inferior without it.

Sorry, man... but that is one of the silliest perspectives I've ever read.

You like QS... seems IW agrees with you... what more do you want?

• 28. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

quickscoping on ACOG scopes

• 29. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    anoreo

"Because Snipers are inferior without it."

You know that's not true BigB. That's what secondary weapons and Scout Pro is for

If you want to be a dumb ass and carry a sniper into close quarters, you deserve to die.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next