1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 425 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 11:47 AM by LordCronos Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

I never said that

• 31. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

As someone who's been playing cod since 2006 & who QS'ed a bit in cod2 & cod4, QS'ing has no place in cod any more. People shouldn't be able to use a sniper rifle like a shotgun.

Now, I actually don't really have that much of a problem w/ QS'ers who can go postive while playing the objective, but lets be real: that is less than 1% of all QS'ers. I have a big problem with the baffoons who think 360 no scoping off of a roof in Dom is how the game is supposed to be played. I have a big problem with kids who watch too many OpTic videos & go 4-28 in an objective game because they were only playing for montage clips.

This "community" is full of selfish douchebags hell bent on ruining other people's experiences and QS'ers make up the biggest sect of that.

• 32. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    anoreo

sorry B, it said you were the OP for me for some reason. My apologies!

• 33. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

quickscoping needs to be in mw3 for all the spoilt little kids who spat there dummys out after black ops

• 34. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

This isnt about carrying a sniper into CQC. Its about SMG and AR players being able to EASILY close distances and flank Snipers.

• 35. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    vileself

Everyone here is missing the point. This isnt about making Sniper rifles affective enough to dominate at close range, its about making them CAPABLE of defending themselves against flanking enemies. Switching to secondary is the best answer you can give me, yet it still leaves you inferior and vulnerable, hence the reason why snipers are so under used in Black Ops. In Black Ops you are screwed 95% of the time if your opponents arent at long range. Even at long range you are pretty much on par with all of the ARs. They have no niche. Their niche is supposed to be long range but it isnt

Im not trying to say that I love quickscoping and thats how I play, but if the situation calls for it then I shouldnt be restricted on doing it. If my enemy has a perk that allows him to aim his AR faster then why cant I have the same perk to raise my sniper rifle faster.

Also if people are petitionining to get the Quickdraw perk null'ed for snipers then in turn the snipers should automatically have a faster weapon swap by default. Otherwise you have scenarios where an AR guy can aim fast and spray a 30 round mag, meanwhile you're trying to switch to a machine pistol which will most likely have a smaller mag and far less range.

In Black Ops the sniper rifles are inferior, in MW2 they werent. I would much prefer capable guns than incapable guns. Same goes for shotguns, in MW2 they were usable, in Black Ops they are basically inferior even at close range because rapid fire SMGs and the FAM/AUG are able to mow them down by hip firing (pray n spray). IW did it right by using the same shotguns as MW2 yet making them primaries this time around to avoid OP'ed setups.

Lastly I would like to note that we are ALL aware that quickscoping is going to be in MW3. So if you are totally against it, its not really fair for you to purchase the game and then complain about it afterwards. IW sided with the quickscoping community and personally I feel its for the better of the game when it comes to variety of gun usage. The last thing I want in MW3 is for it to be an AR fest like Black Ops is. Realistically you guys should be glad.

• 36. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    rankismet

vileself wrote:

Everyone here is missing the point. This isnt about making Sniper rifles affective enough to dominate at close range, its about making them CAPABLE of defending themselves against flanking enemies. Switching to secondary is the best answer you can give me, yet it still leaves you inferior and vulnerable, hence the reason why snipers are so under used in Black Ops. In Black Ops you are screwed 95% of the time if your opponents arent at long range. Even at long range you are pretty much on par with all of the ARs. They have no niche. Their niche is supposed to be long range but it isnt

Im not trying to say that I love quickscoping and thats how I play, but if the situation calls for it then I shouldnt be restricted on doing it. If my enemy has a perk that allows him to aim his AR faster then why cant I have the same perk to raise my sniper rifle faster.

Also if people are petitionining to get the Quickdraw perk null'ed for snipers then in turn the snipers should automatically have a faster weapon swap by default. Otherwise you have scenarios where an AR guy can aim fast and spray a 30 round mag, meanwhile you're trying to switch to a machine pistol which will most likely have a smaller mag and far less range.

In Black Ops the sniper rifles are inferior, in MW2 they werent. I would much prefer capable guns than incapable guns. Same goes for shotguns, in MW2 they were usable, in Black Ops they are basically inferior even at close range because rapid fire SMGs and the FAM/AUG are able to mow them down by hip firing (pray n spray). IW did it right by using the same shotguns as MW2 yet making them primaries this time around to avoid OP'ed setups.

Lastly I would like to note that we are ALL aware that quickscoping is going to be in MW3. So if you are totally against it, its not really fair for you to purchase the game and then complain about it afterwards. IW sided with the quickscoping community and personally I feel its for the better of the game when it comes to variety of gun usage. The last thing I want in MW3 is for it to be an AR fest like Black Ops is. Realistically you guys should be glad.

There isn't a single point in this that makes sense or I agree with beyond IW seems to think it should be in the game.

They also thought OMA was a keen idea at one point.

They learned one thing was wrong but missed the boat about QS.

• 37. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?
    butters1320

A sniper rifle is a long range weapon. It has a high power scope to aquire targets that are at a long distance. A sniper is supposed to find a suitable sniping position preferably far away from the enemy. When an enemy comes near you can do a couple things to ensure your safety:

Pull out your pistol and kill them

Stab them

No scope and hope it hits

Swap your pistol for a dead team mate's or enemy's weapon

There's also a few things you can do to try to prevent them from sneaking up on you:

Plant a claymore

Place a motion sensor or whatever it is that they call it in MW3

Use a heartbeat sensor

Shoot and scoot (Change sniping spots after every couple kills)

You just need to know the strengths and weaknesses of your weapon. A person using a shotgun isn't going to go around in the open trying to kill everyone. Yes it sucks if an enemy sneaks up on you and kills you up close but thats part of the dangers of using a sniper rifle. I'm an experienced sniper. I know how to snipe and keep a killstreak going. It just takes a lot of work and knowing where the enemy is coming from. So don't try to feed me your BS about quickscoping "needing" to be in the game. A good, old school style sniper like myself and many others don't need quickscoping in order to excel at the art of sniping. Yes its an art. Two skilled snipers can hold off an entire enemy team by themselves. You don't need quickscoping if you're a good sniper because you simply don't allow the enemy to get that close.

• 38. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

Sometimes I really wish treyarch would release stats for what weapon classes are most popular and what the collective k/d ratios are for each.  If they did (in black ops) you'd have about 60% full auto ARs, 30% smgs, and then shotguns lmgs semi autos and snipers all combined at about 10%.  If you try to argue this then you have your head up your ass, just look at your "weapons killed by" and post it.  For me I have about 800 deaths to the famas, same for galil about, and the best sniper (psg1) is at 38 deaths.  My most used weapon, wa2000, I have almost 100x more kills with than deaths, because no one uses it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJG0hrut7Bo

Hardly anyone uses snipers, why? Because they're worse than ARs in almost every aspect.  These forums are gonna be the same thing, almost all of these posters use fullauto ARs and smgs exclusively, so they don't really know **** about sniping or how easy it is.  Snipers should be harder than ARs imo but they should at least be competitive, 1 bullet from the silenced galil at any range, your scope jumps up 20 feet and you lose.  No point using logic though op it's pointless, be thankful IW seems to care about balance this time around. 

• 39. Re: Wanna know why Quickscoping needs to be in CoD?

butters1320 wrote:

A sniper rifle is a long range weapon. It has a high power scope to aquire targets that are at a long distance. A sniper is supposed to find a suitable sniping position preferably far away from the enemy.

Yeah that's great unless it's almost impossible to stay at range (like 90% of blops maps).

butters1320 wrote:

There's also a few things you can do to try to prevent them from sneaking up on you:

Plant a claymore

Place a motion sensor or whatever it is that they call it in MW3

Use a heartbeat sensor

Shoot and scoot (Change sniping spots after every couple kills)

Hacker pro.  Every time I see someone with hacker pro I know I'm not allowed to use sniper rifles.  Also, change sniping spots?  You're assuming that's possible, havana for example has only 2 decent sniping spots and they're on opposite sides of the map.  If someone has hacker pro you're dead. 

butters1320 wrote:

I'm an experienced sniper. I know how to snipe and keep a killstreak going. It just takes a lot of work and knowing where the enemy is coming from. So don't try to feed me your BS about quickscoping "needing" to be in the game. A good, old school style sniper like myself and many others don't need quickscoping in order to excel at the art of sniping. Yes its an art. Two skilled snipers can hold off an entire enemy team by themselves. You don't need quickscoping if you're a good sniper because you simply don't allow the enemy to get that close.

What map in black ops can two skilled snipers hold off an entire team btw lol, you just watch black hawk down?  Also calling BS that you're an "experienced sniper" though I doubt you'd post your tag.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next