23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 4:43 PM by tjballa14 RSS

MW3 Elite Gamesharing?

If I buy MW3 and get all the maps with Elite will I be able to gameshare with a friend or do I have to buy the maps without Elite to share the maps??

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?
    fourtwentyallday

probably should keep that on the DL. Just saying.

I'm neither going to confirm or deny this, however, I'm assuming the DLC is going to be available through the psn store via one-time-use activation code... With that said, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install it on other PS3's that you have your account activated on.

• Re: MW3 Elite Gamesharing?
    dlundebjerg28

I'm guessing something will be done to stop this from happening. At this point I see nothing in what I have read about Elite that would stop this from happening, but I feel like Activison will come up with a way to stop this really quick since this could take a serious chunk out of their profits.

In the future I wouldn't talk about game sharing on the forums. It's frowned upon and there are a lot of snitches here....

I don't think so - you will have to D/L from the PS Store so you will have the same 5 downloads most probably - if they do announce it I assume a few more people will not be buying elite because of it (usually friends all pitch in to gameshare but even if they are paying less but only one can d/l why should they?)

You can share the files but its against the terms of service of both Elite and the Playstation network, but I am pretty sure it will require a redeem code which can only be used once

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?
    cornholio74

But will it be possible to load the Maps from another store? Like Having a German Account but the UK Hardned Editon. Will Elite pro work for the whole Console?

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?

I don't think there is much that can be done to be honest? If sony wanted to stop this they would of done it a long time ago

However, regarding elite and early dlc.. seeing as elite members are supposed to get the dlc earlier than normal players, they will probably have a way to flag if your account/ps3 is playing dlc early and not an elite member. To be safe I wouldnt download it early if you gameshare, wait till its officially out for normal players and then grab it.

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?

I am slightly amused and shocked in the question at hand, and on an official board no less.

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?

you should find someone who had BO prestige editon and ask them how they dowloade the waw map pack and if there were able to re-down load in more than one system because I think it going to work the same way.

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?

Alright thanks guys if you have any more info please feel free to email me or repost something with new info

• MW3 Elite Gamesharing?
    fourtwentyallday

To set the record straight: the elite team has NOTHING to do with DLC downloaded via PSN. You are going to get a unique one time use code to use in PSN store. As long as your account is activated on up to 5 PS3s, there is absolutely no reason why you can't use it on multiple systems. Regardless of whether you actually "use" your account on multiple systems or just doing it to gameshare with your buddies, the fact that your account is activated has always meant you can log onto the PSN store via that particular account and go to your previously downloaded cart.

I have like 125 games downloaded on my PS3 plus DLC expansions and have always been able to install them on my 3 PS3s that I have in my house.

OMEN

i do like to know for sure because i do have 2 ps3 and i do use them both when i get kicked from 1 ps3 i go upstairs and play.if u have elite and regular game can you use the elite dlc??on a non harden edition.with me i do have to buy 2 games cause my gf plays with me @ least she did on waw n bo

Message was edited by: OMEN or do i have to buy to harden copies???or can i buy 1 n 1

avengedyesterday

You guys are idiots. Which is the exact reason PSN is limiting the number of ps3's you can share with down to 2 instead of five.

It was never ment for you to buy something then give it away to everyone else.

Some of you should do a little research before you go around telling other peoples it's fine to steal.

Given that MW3 will support the PUSH feature of the PS3 and Xbox it makes more sense that the DLC's will come as a sort of update to the subscribers and not the PSN.

dude i agree keep this on the DL but heres a problem if u have 2 accounts on ur ps3 and their both urs and only 1 has elite premium can u use da maps on the non elite account if u download via the elite premium account (im asking cause i got banned and reset and set 2 0 kills 10000 deaths so i made new account) i think if u have to DOWNLOAD them then it should work right

dude i agree keep this on the DL but heres a problem if u have 2 accounts on ur ps3 and their both urs and only 1 has elite premium can u use da maps on the non elite account if u download via the elite premium account (im asking cause i got banned and reset and set 2 0 kills 10000 deaths so i made new account) i think if u have to DOWNLOAD them then it should work right