21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2011 6:45 AM by bammoff RSS

the m16

So watching all the previews of mw3 I can deduce that the m16 will not be a very good gun. I think that they should just make it like the m16 in mw2. I loved that m16, it killed like the famas had a good burst rate and was not overpowered. Discuss.

• the m16

Love the M16 in real life. Couldn't stand it in MW2. Probably won't like it in MW3. M4A1 ftw

• the m16
      nuttin2say

Agreed with subaru .. M4 best all around AR in MW2 ... M16 is good, but the burst fire on any gun can put you in a jam. The M4 has less power but the ROF makes up for it. Why the M4 has less power in the game than the M16 is a mystery anyone is welcome to try and explain.

• the m16

the tar 21, scar-h, ak-47 and the fal were alot better than the m4 in mw2 not saying it was a bad gun just pointing out that these 4 were alot better

• the m16

nuttin2say wrote:

Agreed with subaru .. M4 best all around AR in MW2 ... M16 is good, but the burst fire on any gun can put you in a jam. The M4 has less power but the ROF makes up for it. Why the M4 has less power in the game than the M16 is a mystery anyone is welcome to try and explain.

Its because of the shortened barrel. A shorter barrel on a rifle decreases the muzzle velocity of the bullet and therefore reduces the damage that is done. This is a problem that some people view of the M4 compared to the M16 in real life. Bullpups solve this problem by being able to have a long barrel and a compact frame for easy carry. Thats why you can have compact guns like the FAMAS with the killing power of an M16.

• the m16

Well it comes with age, that is why its being replaced, I hope the M416 wins the comp

• the m16

16 = World's most bad as$ assault rifle, but COD has a way of making awesome weapons suck, the way the Baret M82A1 in MW2 was esencially a paintball gun, when the real thing can penetrate a tank's armor.

• the m16

M16 and bad ass gun doesn't come to mind, the M4A1 is better

• the m16

The M4A1 is a compact verson of the M16, so pretty much they are the same gun.  If you are talking about the COD verson of the gun then I can understand that.

• the m16

COD version for some reason is more powerful than the M16A4, which makes no sense was all

• the m16

Well, if it is worth discussing real world physics in a game forum, the longer barrel of an m16 versus and m4 would result in higher muzzle velocity. 5.56 rounds tend to fragment at close range but once their velocity drops below a certain point they tend to not have the same fragmentation effect, which significantly reduces their wounding ability.

• the m16

That because the M4A1 is a carbine?

• the m16

Carbine pretty much means rifle.

• the m16

The m16 has about a 20 inch barrel, while the m4 has about 14.5. Within certain limits, a longer barrel will translate into a faster round. Think of sitting in a car. From a stop, floor it for 4 seconds and then let off the gas. You will be going faster than if you let off the gas at 2 seconds.

• the m16

And a longer barel will have more rifleings, making the butlet spin more, so it wil be acurate at longer distances.

• the m16

ummm not very true but true at the same time there are many types of barrels some are chrome, stainless, and many more (in my oppinion the chrome ones are the best cause they are very smooth lined and easy to clean) but there are also "twists"  like 1:15 1:12 and what that means is one complete spin in the barrel every 12 or 15 inches last it all depends on what caliber the gun is too that is a little more complated

• the m16

CM901 ftw. Colt has been supplying our Nation's rifles for 50 years. Why stop now? Sure, politically we didn't win Vietnam but if you look at those numbers, we killed a lot more of them than they did of us!

Ahem I'm getting off topic. The M16 looks much better (literally, I'm speaking of appearance) than that dreadful contraption in MW2. I think the problem the OP is noticing is that Stopping Power no longer exists and it's not a point-click weapon. It still has its uses, I'm sure of it. It just isn't as simple to use anymore.

• the m16

Only reason i dont like the M16 currently is the ROF 3 burst fire... isnt it interchangeable in real? 1 shot, 3 and full auto?

id love to see the british armys mk2 SA80 in the game

• the m16
    rkflawlesszz

Gun is good in all COD's, but the rate of fire in MW3 is slow freaking slow, I used it at COD XP. The hits to kill was similar to M16 in Black Ops.

• the m16
    rankismet

The M16 is a weapon of finesse... if you don't like it... you need to give it time.

The M4 is to beer like an M16 is to Lambic.

angry smiley #225

• the m16

The M16 has always been one of my favorite guns, I hope they didnt nerf it to bad.. Hopefully not like Black Ops where it takes 3-4 bursts which would equal 12 rounds to kill someone

• the m16

I agree. All of the guns obviously cant be replicas of their real life counter part. but its still dissapointing to get those hit markers with the 50cal and fire 4, 3 burst from an m16 and get hitmarkers. I havent seen anything on the MW3 M16, So i cant judge based on that, but from the old games, eh, it was alright, not my favorite.