42 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2011 12:20 PM by The_Bolt_Action_Man RSS

so glad IW didn't pander to the weak

coolwhhhip

After Treyarch's iteration of COD I was scared that would be the new precedent that future CODs were bult from. Treyarch removed killstreak stacking, quickscoping (which lets face it, the only people that complain about QS are people that have tried their little hearts out and can't do it). Treyarch just generally softened the game. Anyway just so glad IW is bringing back the fast paced, non weiner version of COD. Peace

• so glad IW didn't pander to the weak

Yea, I love quick scoping-popping dudes with one shot without aiming! Fun.

dstr001

You are just a pathetic, ignorant kid if you believe the only ones who complain about QS can't do it, I can, doesn't mean I would ever want to though, since I know it's a exploit, here is an explanation, kid;

Quickscoping allows the user to negate the sway and recoil of the sniper, basically giving you incredibly accurate shots, add to that if you use AA you can hit someone within about 5 feet of where you're split second aim was (If you don't use AA, like SOOO many apparently don't -LIE- then well done, heres a cookie, but the fact remains that you have an incredibly easy to use OHK weapon)

coolwhhhip

Jeez you don't have to insult me personally, but OK I won't continue the cycle that is common within these forums and keyboard tough guys. I was about to reply to the other thread with you but i guess this will serve the same purpose. OK look, here is my sorta Macro thoughts on QS as it relates to the game as a whole. If you want to call it cheap fine, I could argue that but whatever. So lets just say its cheap but at the end of the day there are by no means a disproportionate number of QSers out here causing problems. When they become a fourth of the community compared to the average guy just using a assault rifle (laser beam in its own right), then we can talk. This will never happen because it really isn't just so easy to do. So I just don't think its that big of a deal. But of course your talking with someone who never got pissed at people using last stand either, because I own those people 90% of the time just like I do alot of QSers. Just my 2 cents. Peace

• Re: so glad IW didn't pander to the weak
      derf8966

if its an "incredibly easy to use OHK weapon" than take my challenge...

if its so easy you should have no problem then....

http://www.callofduty.com/message/17323#17323

ill be waiting

ohh btw I'm just going to copy and paste this every time from now on untill  you prove me otherwize

rankismet

derf8966 wrote:

if its an "incredibly easy to use OHK weapon" than take my challenge...

if its so easy you should have no problem then....

http://www.callofduty.com/message/17323#17323

ill be waiting

ohh btw I'm just going to copy and paste this every time from now on untill  you prove me otherwize

Why keep posting the link, junior?

You were slapped down for it already by the mods... do you you need more of a kick in the head before it sinks in that you're just inciting flaming?

Sign smiley 73

ghosthound

By including any form of quickscoping - without drawbacks - IW / SH are pandering to the weak.

vims1990

Actually, your statement is the wrong way around.

IW/SH are pandering to the weak players

Killstreak Stacking: defeats the purpose of gun-on gun gameplay. If a player get's two kills with the predator missile which gives him his attack helicopter, how is that gun-on-gun?

Treyarch got it right in Black Ops. You should be using your gun to gain your killstreaks, not your killstreaks.

Quickscoping: Giving snipers faster ADS is making sniping less of a skill just to please the sniping community. If you wanted to make sniping a challenge and something to master, I would suggest to not allow snipers to use quickdraw.

Black Ops went in the right direction in terms of sniping. If the hit detection was better, sniping would have been better.

mw3 is doing the right thing. QSing actually takes some sort of skill, just like using any other gun, and its not the big of a deal cus the people that quickscope USUALLY go negative. so what if he kills you 3 times, you probably kill him 10 times. so dont put the blame on those people. if they wanna lose and die constantly then more power to them, ill be slaying them in MW3

wasnt neccesarily trying to bag on you but im talking to the general complainers of quickscoping

matuzz

Removing stacking killstreaks was brilliant , MW2 was killstreak spa fest and slowed down the gameplay.

coolwhhhip

On the face of it you would think that stacking killstreaks would incourage camping, but i just really don't think this is the case. The pace of mw2 is directly linked to stacking in my opinion. This isn't to say they couldn't calm down the unmanned air support a little bit, which i believe they did. At least according to Bowling.

i can cheapscope to some extent im not the greatest but i can pull off a few lucky kills but it still has no place in the game

derf8966

its so cheap right but i can guarantee that you will do better with an assult rife noobtubing the whole time compared to a whole game of you quickscoping...

\

but quickscoping is the cheap thing to do

so from what ive read of your posts the past few days your against people spraying bullets, noobtubing, assault rifles and i also take it  you hate the m/l/c users aswell meaning you want the game to play your way and your way only

derf8966

and from all your post you completely hate the sniping community and would want the snipers to be like Battlefield.. but that wont work because the COD maps are way to small for that to work.

and im pretty sure everyone wants the game to play their way. right?

EDIT: i have nothing againt AR or SMG's because i use them too... i just cant see why people hate Quickscoping or see it as being OP in any way

i hate sniping full stop and no its not because im crap i just prefer assualt rifles. i would have been happy if cheapscoping was like it is in black ops

of course everyone whats to play the game as they want but the majority of the community hates cheapscoping yet they kept it in after they took out everything else the community complained about

if you took a poll on here then you would see how many people theres is that hates cheapscoping i bet theres more against it than for it

derf8966

do you know why 3arc brought back quickscoping in BOps, it was because when it first came out Most of the community was out raged and demanded it back and we got it back in a way...

but doing a poll in this forum would be useless because this is like less then 1% of the actually cod community and an actual poll will prove nothing because this fourm doesn't really represenmt the whole COD community...

I just wish they would make the sniping like COD 4 and not MW2.  It seems like in MW2 everyone and their brother tries 720 ladder stalls or something of that nature.  Makes gametypes like search and destroy annoying to have these people as teammates.  In COD 4 you didn't see that so often and it was a lot harder to quickscope.

Edit:  Treyarch didn't bring back quickscoping to the fullest.  When the game first launched it was nearly impossible to snipe effectively even if you were doing it from a distance.  The sniping at first was reminsicent of Battlefield and a Cod game can't play like that.  So that's why they adjusted it because it didn't work in the scenario.

derf8966

to people like you i say if you want a cod4 sniping experience then be like me and choose not to use the Perk that gives you faster ADS... im a Marathon quickscoper in MW2 and ill be using blastsheid in MW3 insted of Quickdraw because i see blastsheid as a better perk IMHO..

as for the 720 ladder stalls kids... they will never go away :/.. but they paid for the same game you did and they can play how ever they choose

EDIT: 3arc brought it back in a way but theres still the random bullet effect if you do it too fast.. and the hit detection in that game is trash so sniping is still fuked up in that game...

btw i know sniping in blackops i have a total of 12k kills with the l96A1

No where did I say they couldn't play they want.  I was simply stating that it is annoying to have people that do that for capture cards or other things and not actually to win a game of search and destroy.  Read over it carefully.  And you might use marathon and that's good.  I'm glad you do.  But you are one of the few who actually do.  A lot of the other people use Sleight of Hand.  Which is why I was saying I liked the COD 4 experience when you couldn't ADS that fast...

rankismet

coolwhhhip wrote:

After Treyarch's iteration of COD I was scared that would be the new precedent that future CODs were bult from. Treyarch removed killstreak stacking, quickscoping (which lets face it, the only people that complain about QS are people that have tried their little hearts out and can't do it). Treyarch just generally softened the game. Anyway just so glad IW is bringing back the fast paced, non weiner version of COD. Peace

Sign smiley 23

mdub

coolwhhhip wrote:

Some might say the exact opposite. Sitting in a corner while your killstreaks do all the work=weak. MW2 was made for the bottom feeder gamer and its starting to look like some of that has made its way back into MW3. Im actually happy that you can QS again because all the children will be easy kills with whatever OP smg/AR that IW deems worthy

Cable99

Sorry-Robert Bowling himself said in an interview they were simplifying the game to make it "more accessible" to non-COD vets. They were taking MW3 back to the "simpler roots" of COD4, "removing verticality" to allow easier "one on one engagement".

So how is that making it tougher? Sounds like pandering to the weak is EXACTLY what they are doing.

coolwhhhip

This is true. Where they didn't though is on the 2 issues I layed out in my original post. I see the main difference in pace directly attributed to stacking. As I said earlier, on the face of it you wouldn't think this would be the case, but if it isn't what do you think caused the difference in the pace of the 2 games? People may like the pace better on Black Ops. I don't.

i dont quick scope, i suck at it! but i love trying to outsmart a sniper that has you pinned down especially in s and d, however i dont enjoy the challenge of taking on a team of noobs spamming grenade launchers everywhere, im so disapointed that the launcher is still in!

I honestly don't understand your logic. They brought back deathstreaks, weapons kill faster so you don't have to be as skillful, and killstreaks stack. All of this allows even shitty players to have a good game.

I bet if you even ask infinity ward they will straight up tell you that they have a lot of implementations that "pander to the weak" so scrubs won't hate the game. And did I mention they brought back DEATHSTREAKS? That's for a different discussion though.

josh517

I can quickscope perfectly fine. In fact, I'm pretty amazing at it. And while I think it's fun to play around with in a private match, it has no place in public matches. I would actually like to see people use the snipers the way the developers intended you to use them.

Quickscoping ruins the game for me. I can't tell you how many times I played S&D, the enemy is defusing the bomb, and the last guy takes 15 shots at him with his sniper because he wants to quickscope/noscope him and then we end up losing. Or even when I play capture the flag. The enemy is running to cap the flag but my teamates are all trying to quickscope him, they all fail, and we lose. It's rediculous.

dstr001

If what you said is true, then I aplaud you for saying so, most quickscopers are so stuck up themselves that they believe it has more of a place than ARs

I can't see why, if you feel the need to quickscope so much, why not do it privately? I'm sure many other quickscopers would join you if you advertised it, just don't waste our games please.

I don't really want to continue this idiotic pissing contest but....3arc made it take more skill to get a killstreak and they removed death streaks.

coolwhhhip

Look, one of the main criticisms I heard about MW2 was that it was too intense. This is exactly what im talking about. Of course their are some little talking points that add to the support of weak players(deathstreaks, last stand, tubes). These things do little though to counter the one element (killstreak stacking) that makes IW's versions tougher for noobs. I said earlier, on the face of it you would think killstreak stacking would incourage less gun on gun, but this just isn't the case. IW got it right. Their games are more intense and less noob friendly.

Oh yeah and QS takes skill. Peace

IW actually IS pandering to the weak in the following ways:

-Retarded OP killsreaks like the reaper and strafe run that are insanely easy to get with stacking killstreasks. 80% of your kills will come from your killstreak rewards, not your gun. No skill.

-Guns still have virtually no recoil - they are all lazor guns.  No skill.

-Still have rapid fire machine pistol secondary weapons (with akimbo option for god's sake) that are more powerful than primary SMGs.  No skill.

-Gun proficiency that takes miniscule recoil to literally no recoil at all (see: SCAR-H w/ 'kick')

-Deathstreaks.  I dont think i need to explain why deathstreaks pander to the weak.

-Scavenger can still refill your noob tubes and claymores.  No skill.

-Quickscoping - sniper becomes a shotgun with unlimited range. No skill or tactics.

-Heartbeat sensors and motion sensors - again, no explanation needed as to why that panders to weak players who can't use their eyes and reflexes.

-Another weapon proficiency that removes idle sway from the already EZ-mode snipers.

Did you ever noticed how it was actually slightly more DIFFICULT to kill somebody in Black Ops? how it actually took SKILL?  MW2 made it so retarded easy to kill someone that it was literally 100% idiot proof, and MW3 is no different. The easier it is to kill, the more the game "panders to the weak."  Treyarch only cut out the bullsh*t in Black Ops and catered to those who care about gun skill.  Treyarch made a lot of good moves in Black Ops - it's a real shame to see IW not following in their footsteps. If they had, maybe they would have my $60 in their pocket this time around....

coolwhhhip

Aww come on, you'll by it. Oh and they did nix the refill of tubes or clays. Not that it makes much of a difference compared to your other opinions but anyway. Just remember though that if IWs guns are OP, their OP for everybody. I just think this is even another example of IWs game being faster and more intense. At least they did bring back idle sway from Original MW. BOps didnt have idle sway so I think you'll find it a little more challenging than both MW2 and BO. The speed and intensity of IWs version is much better than BO and these things are essential to not being noob or soft people friendly.

Thats why blops was so boring.