I knew it was a beta, but if Call of Duty had a beta, even it wouldn't have as many problems. I'm not going to go off and say it's completely bad, because when I went into it, I knew this game was never my style in general. I'm not really noticing the "issues" as much as others due because I'm still learning the controls of the game.
I posted this in a different BF3 beta topic, but here it is again.
"The only problems I had were typical Beta bugs like:
- Falling through the graphics
- Weapon malfunctions when switching guns
- The "Knife" action sometimes does not register
- Certain terrain causes the players screen to constantly shake
Other than that, the game was ok. Knifing is completely useless, as it takes WAY too long to knife, and the recovery time is another lengthy wait after that. Basically, if your first knife misses, you are a dead man.
Other things to mention:
- Hit markers are next to impossible to notice at long range (Don't know if I hate this or not)
- Some weapons don't have a muzzle flash, which is dumb, while other guns look like they are shooting exploding cans of cheese at the tip of their barrel.
- The accuracy/distance setup is good. Further the distance, the less accurate a gun is. Just like it should be. AKA you won't see an AK 47u out snipe a sniper. Even the starter sniper rifles aren't fully accurate at long range. The later ones are though. And they are the ONLY supper long distance weapons that are accurate.
- They have a fun little animation for hurdling over objects.
Everything else is pretty normal for FPS things.
I didn't hate the beta, but it didn't impress me either."